Hi All,

Just a quick heads up. I had the immigration today on phone ( Call center) and they did confirm me that if the nomination has been lodged before the time frame of 6 months followed by the Grant, we are fine. Therefore, we can still be under the visa assessment 6 months after the nomination being granted. 

I hope that helps for the ones worried about having an expired granted nomination.

40 minutes ago, William FR said:

Hi All,

Just a quick heads up. I had the immigration today on phone ( Call center) and they did confirm me that if the nomination has been lodged before the time frame of 6 months followed by the Grant, we are fine. Therefore, we can still be under the visa assessment 6 months after the nomination being granted. 

I hope that helps for the ones worried about having an expired granted nomination.

My migration agent has never mentioned the risk of an expired grant. Mine was granted in March so that a tyally means from what you've said it expires in September. Which is not that dat off as our Visa is under scrutiny due to a mistake made by the migration agent. 

I wonder if they prioritise tehurcwork flow based in nominations expiring 

1 hour ago, William FR said:

Hi All,

Hi 

As long as you apply within 6 month of the visa grant than that is fine.

If you apply Nomination and Visa at the same time  - that still is fine, nomination grant does not expire then as application already submitted.

Just applies if application is not submitted, then it must be submitted by 6 months of Nomination approval.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roni S said:

Hi Guys, 

Can anyone explain to me what is s56?

thanks 

@Roni S It's just a code for a request of additional document. 

Basically, the department have viewed your application and are needing additional documents (could be expired medicals / document, or could be missing / required documents). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi 

As long as you apply within 6 month of the visa grant than that is fine.

If you apply Nomination and Visa at the same time  - that still is fine, nomination grant does not expire then as application already submitted.

Just applies if application is not submitted, then it must be submitted by 6 months of Nomination approval.

Hi @sydneyishuk what do you meaning by - "As long as you apply within 6 month of the visa grant than that is fine."

Is it a 186 visa already granted, or nomination approved?

1 minute ago, bsuman said:

Hi @sydneyishuk what do you meaning by - "As long as you apply within 6 month of the visa grant than that is fine."

Is it a 186 visa already granted, or nomination approved?

@bsuman

This only applies to people that are waiting for the nomination to be approved before lodging their visa's. 

Typical use case is that people lodge both of these applications together - meaning there is no risk of expired anything.
However, some people don't want to risk the money they need to pay for the visa application and rather wait for the nomination to be approved before submitting their visa application. 
Therefore, they submit the nomination - wait for approval. --> Your nomination approval only last 6 months, in which time you have to lodge your visa. If you fail to do that, you'll likely be required to start over and re-submit a nomination. 

- If you're nomination gets refused, you loose any money on the visa application. 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@bsuman

This only applies to people that are waiting for the nomination to be approved before lodging their visa's. 

Typical use case is that people lodge both of these applications together - meaning there is no risk of expired anything.
However, some people don't want to risk the money they need to pay for the visa application and rather wait for the nomination to be approved before submitting their visa application. 
Therefore, they submit the nomination - wait for approval. --> Your nomination approval only last 6 months, in which time you have to lodge your visa. If you fail to do that, you'll likely be required to start over and re-submit a nomination. 

- If you're nomination gets refused, you loose any money on the visa application. 

Hi @Hex . Ok it now makes sense. I did the same. Waited for the nomination to get approved before I lodged the visa. 

Nomination Approved - May 2019

Visa Applied - 27 May 2019

Medical and PCC requests - 4 June

Medical and PCC submitted - 25 June

Spouse functional english requests - 27 June

Functional english submitted - 2 July

Outcome expected - Only CO, and GOD knows

Hi guys, anybody can help here pls. I have paid 2nd vac functional English for my partner last month and add invoice in immi account for 186 TRT visa and now my other file open also 190 visa and they asked for functional English for my partner. So can I use same invoice to other file or anybody have any idea. Pls thanks in advance 

21 hours ago, kum said:

Hello guys need help
My nomination has refused today got email 17.57pm

Reason was giving that my employer didn’t pay the renew business name fees as he didn’t know that about that and after 5 months his accountant told
Him that your business renewal already due and then he paid, now CO refused nomination coz CO said your business is operating less than a year..

Now please advise what should I do like can I go for AAT or reapply or anything else if u have any idea.

Please reply @rex

Better to apply again according to my own experience AAT is long process take 2 yrs.

Better to apply again according to my own experience AAT is long process take 2 yrs.

Well that’s I’m thinking or looking another option 489 or 190... do u have any idea if I reapply will they open quicker then before

1 hour ago, kum said:

Well that’s I’m thinking or looking another option 489 or 190... do u have any idea if I reapply will they open quicker then before

@kum Nope - this would be classed a new application and hence, go to the start of the queue again. 

8 minutes ago, Roni S said:

Hi Guys,

Quick question, we got Medicare interim card, can we cancel our private health insurance?

Thanks in advance.

@Roni S There are a few legalities around this and many people have many opinions on same - the biggest issue you have is if your application gets refused, your medicare is removed and you'll effectively be illegal in the country (as by law you need to have medical when on a 457 / equivalent). 

My suggestion is, to lower the plan you're on - but keep the private, besides it does help down the line (especially if you have / planning to have family). 
- There is also the additional cost of medicare levy (if you don't have private, which can come back to bite you later - I don't know enough about this though to comment for sure). 

Hi All,

Question on english requirements again. i thought 186 DE needed primary applicant to have Competent english.however in the visa application form, i see for the primary applicant a need for only functional english. Any idea what is the actual one? The form contradicts the info on the immiaffairs page.

Does the applicant have at least functional English language ability?

Does the applicant have at least functional English language ability?
YesNo

Hi @Hex, Do you know by any chance how will the business know if their registration as a business to sponsor is still valid or not expired? My boss tried to look up on their Immi Account but there was no details of it. She also tried calling Immigration but the only answer is the "business is fine so long as they pass the requirement of 186/187" along those lines. She's now unsure if they need to renew or it's still valid. Both nomination and visa has been submitted. You think when they were applying for nomination that it will tell them if their business registration as a sponsor has expired and need to renew first before they can nominate?

They have applied for my 457 last June 2016 (got approved JAN 2017) and now they have applied for my PR TRT stream April 2019.

Thank you Hex. As always, appreciate all your inputs.

1 minute ago, Chowder said:

Hi @Hex, Do you know by any chance how will the business know if their registration as a business to sponsor is still valid or not expired? My boss tried to look up on their Immi Account but there was no details of it. She also tried calling Immigration but the only answer is the "business is fine so long as they pass the requirement of 186/187" along those lines. She's now unsure if they need to renew or it's still valid. Both nomination and visa has been submitted. You think when they were applying for nomination that it will tell them if their business registration as a sponsor has expired and need to renew first before they can nominate?

They have applied for my 457 last June 2016 (got approved JAN 2017) and now they have applied for my PR TRT stream April 2019.

Thank you Hex. As always, appreciate all your inputs.

@Chowder I wouldn't be the best person and have all the knowledge on this BUT at a shot this would be my comment; 

- "You think when they were applying for nomination that it will tell them if their business registration as a sponsor has expired and need to renew first before they can nominate?"
This would be ideal but doesn't work like that, it's up to the company to "know" if they can actually lodge a sponsorship or not. If not, the department, will simply refuse it on those conditions. 

- As for how to check: My understanding was that, when the company signed up and become a sponsor, they would have been given access to a portal as well as a contact (not for visa's but for somewhere they can go to check things are up to date).
If they can't remember this then their best bet would be to call the department again and ask for confirmation (you may need to do this a few times) OR get an MA involved and ask them - I'm pretty sure there's a database of these "approved" sponsors that you can check statuses on. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

We just received the golden email! 

Our status changed from received straight to finilised.

We applied Aug 18 - trt 186

We had our nomination approved 29 of May.

We received the grant today 4th July.

No additional information requested.

All the best to all of you!🍾🍾

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 13