bunbury61

Did anyone watch ...uk s " best place to live " on ch 4

Last night ...well worth a watch .

A bloody eye opener the properties you can get in the likes of Cumbria and Scotland .

Some fantastic places ,and affordable lifestyle

If you are in oz and coming back ,and you are not tied to coming back to a certain area,its a must watch

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Didn't see it, but that is one of the reasons we live where we do.

We live in a stunning village and I can buy (hopefully will this year) a fantastic cottage for about 130k. I am commutable to both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Shhh.. don't tell everyone or it won't be affordable much longer. I look at all the space and untapped potential up here and wonder why everything and everybody is crammed into the SE - crazy, but it's lovely not having to live down there.

• Like 1

Shhh.. don't tell everyone or it won't be affordable much longer. I look at all the space and untapped potential up here and wonder why everything and everybody is crammed into the SE - crazy, but it's lovely not having to live down there.

East dumbartonshire was shown ....bloody lovely

Whitehaven in cumbria.....

Watch the show ...bit of an eye opener

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I will. There are some beautiful places around, including where we live at the moment. We're very lucky.

Now can I get a detached farmhouse with land for £150k lol

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Didn't see it, but that is one of the reasons we live where we do.

We live in a stunning village and I can buy (hopefully will this year) a fantastic cottage for about 130k. I am commutable to both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

That's the way vs ....you lucky boy .

A 2 bed flat in Whitehaven overlooking the harbour 90,000

I think that place in Scotland ,had the lowest income to affordability housing ratio

No mention of Solihull ..bastards ....but rugby and Warwick..( no Stratford ) in the top 20

5 in the north west in the top 20

Stunning south ribble ....lancs no1...beautiful

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Potentially, yes. I am working on a project at Glenfinnan which land is being developed as small holdings - about an acre and are being sold as service ready with planning granted for 3/4 bedroom detached houses. The blocks are being sold for £70k and a local developer is offering prices from about £80k to build a house on them.

Probably ,in Scotland

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I live outside Edinburgh and can't complain about what we get for our money or disposable income but...the weather!! It's all well and good having a lovely house and quick commute but when it's dark at 4pm and you barely leave the house for 4/5 months of the year it loses its shine! This is why we're emigrating....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I live outside Edinburgh and can't complain about what we get for our money or disposable income but...the weather!! It's all well and good having a lovely house and quick commute but when it's dark at 4pm and you barely leave the house for 4/5 months of the year it loses its shine! This is why we're emigrating....

I am not far from Glasgow and have spent more time out of the house in the last winter than in the last several years

• Like 1

Exactly why we need to move...some people love the weather here and make the mist of it but hubby and I aren't in that category! This time last year we were on our reccy trip to Perth and we were so miserable coming home to the cold again.

Ah, but it's grim up north!

If I could get a transfer up there I would.

Some of it is stunning ....its funny ,but 5 of the top 20 ,and the no1 were in the north west ...grim indeed

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I can fully understand that ...but you don't get summer until 10pm in oz either .

Dark at what 7.30 pm ...iam not making an argument ,as I respect your point of view

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

That's the way vs ....you lucky boy .

A 2 bed flat in Whitehaven overlooking the harbour 90,000 ?

I think that place in Scotland ,had the lowest income to affordability housing ratio

No mention of Solihull ..bastards ....but rugby and Warwick..( no Stratford ? ) in the top 20

5 in the north west in the top 20

Stunning south ribble ....lancs no1...beautiful

I lived in south Ribble

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I live in Preston. Moved out of the expensive south. Mortgage here is half what it was. 2 bed end of terrace, newly refurbished, garage, 10mins walk to train station for less than £100k. Definitely more disposable income than before.

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. F2w ID Check/Rcvd: 15/08/16, 23/08/16 HCPC/SoR CoGS sent: 23/08/16. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17.

My east coast travel mate was snobby about Scotland mostly as a joke to wind me up. He's from the south of England at a posh bit. He found out the prices of houses in Scotland compared to where he lives. I think he wanted to move up lol. The cheapest he could get is 150k and i think that's a one bedroom flat

To be fair the sunset time tonight in Melbourne is 8.08pm. We are 2 months past the solstice, so in Victoria and Tassie we get a lot more light. But I agree that Queensland has the early finishes - and often not a long twilight. It's a shame, particularly as they have no daylight saving either!

Thanks for mentioning this. We've just watched it, and it pretty much confirmed what we'd found whilst researching places to move back to. There are so many lovely places to live though, that picking a single area may be somewhat of a challenge!

I have a friend who now lives in Kendal and loves it. When she was first married she lived in Whitehaven but didn't like it at all. She said it was very run down and depressing. The Cumbrian coast isn't nearly as nice as the actual Lake District.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

I have a friend who now lives in Kendal and loves it. When she was first married she lived in Whitehaven but didn't like it at all. She said it was very run down and depressing. The Cumbrian coast isn't nearly as nice as the actual Lake District.

I was referring to a 2 bed flat in Whitehaven ,overlooking the harbour £90k....dont know about Whitehaven the place

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I used to go to Whitehaven on business. Depressing doesn't tell half the story.

I live in Preston. Moved out of the expensive south. Mortgage here is half what it was. 2 bed end of terrace, newly refurbished, garage, 10mins walk to train station for less than £100k. Definitely more disposable income than before.

My hubby is a Fulwood boy - we lived in Walton-le-Dale

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows