eu referendum update

bunbury61

Rubbish, europe needs the UK more than we need them, they will not cause massive job losses in their own countries by not selling to the UK

I believe you're confused. Who said anything about not selling? EU is selling to Japan, US and Australia. None been part of the union.

However, freedom of movement is a pillar of EU and none should expect flexibility on this matter.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I believe you're confused. Who said anything about not selling? EU is selling to Japan, US and Australia. None been part of the union.

However, freedom of movement is a pillar of EU and none should expect flexibility on this matter.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Think you did not understand my post.

Germany will not put tariffs on goods sold to the UK which could force the UK to look elsewhere for a cheaper option. Germany will desperately want the UK to buy its goods...talk of tariffs are a red herring.

Not the seller is adding extra tariffs, but the buyer to protect local economy. Therefore, Germany will not do such a thing.

Nevertheless, without freedom of movement there is no EU. Hence for UK to sell in EU without extra tariffs (as EU is buyer in this case) will have to accept it.

Conclusion is that tariffs are not at all a red hering if you'll understand how this works.

Edited by ozee

Think you did not understand my post.

Germany will not put tariffs on goods sold to the UK which could force the UK to look elsewhere for a cheaper option. Germany will desperately want the UK to buy its goods...talk of tariffs are a red herring.

Or, Germany will put tariffs on UK goods, thus making German goods better value than UK goods, so Germany will increase their volumes in the UK at the expense of the UK . Plus they won't need to bother pissing about with rhd cars, increasing their efficiency. All of Europe will be keen to move in and fill the void that the UK will leave. Nissa and Honda will move their operations into Europe . Germany will grow their banking sector at our expense.

Some interesting information here. Does anyone have any good links to economic trade analysis. I would be interested if anyone cares to link.

http://www.niesr.ac.uk/blog/after-brexit-how-important-would-uk-trade-be-eu#.V3LIC0DTVpU

Edited by newjez

Not the seller is adding extra tariffs, but the buyer to protect local economy. Therefore, Germany will not do such a thing.

Nevertheless, without freedom of movement there is no EU. Hence for UK to sell in EU without extra tariffs (as EU is buyer in this case) will have to accept it.

Conclusion is that tariffs are not at all a red hering if you'll understand how this works.

You are confused, plenty of countries outside of the EU trade with countries inside the EU with no tariffs, the UK would be one of those countries.

Or, Germany will put tariffs on UK goods, thus making German goods better value than UK goods, so Germany will increase their volumes in the UK at the expense of the UK . Plus they won't need to bother pissing about with rhd cars, increasing their efficiency. All of Europe will be keen to move in and fill the void that the UK will leave. Nissa and Honda will move their operations into Europe . Germany will grow their banking sector at our expense.

Have you worked all this out on your own,,,,,,:rolleyes:

You are confused, plenty of countries outside of the EU trade with countries inside the EU with no tariffs, the UK would be one of those countries.

Surprised. Do you have documentation to support this. Not disbelieving, honestly interested.

Maybe you could find something here?

https://www.gov.uk/starting-to-import/importing-from-noneu-countries

Or here?

http://www.cer.org.uk/insights/would-britain’s-trade-be-freer-outside-eu

Edited by newjez

Do you have documentation to support this. Not disbelieving, honestly interested. I mean not just one persons view.

Do you have documentation to support this. Not disbelieving, honestly interested. I mean not just one persons view.

Have a read of the second link above. I know it is long, but it is very worthwhile. I know people say we can do this and we can do that. But it's really just a wing and a prayer. Have a good read and see what you think.

Have a read of the second link above. I know it is long, but it is very worthwhile. I know people say we can do this and we can do that. But it's really just a wing and a prayer. Have a good read and see what you think.

I have read so many blogs and guesses from both sides and come to the conclusion no one has any real idea what will really happen.

here is another one, have a read...why we would thrive outside of the eu.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11415842/Would-Britain-thrive-outside-the-EU.html

I have read so many blogs and guesses from both sides and come to the conclusion no one has any real idea what will really happen.

Look mate, I shared a house with a safa for three years, and I had a safa boss for five years, and I know you will eventually get tired of being proved wrong but it is such a long and painful process I really don't think I have the energy so I think we'll leave it there and I hope you and your friends will be happy in your own private Idaho

Look mate, I shared a house with a safa for three years, and I had a safa boss for five years, and I know you will eventually get tired of being proved wrong but it is such a long and painful process I really don't think I have the energy so I think we'll leave it there and I hope you and your friends will be happy in your own private Idaho

you have your opinion which I respect so please do not come across as your view is the only one which is correct..I believe the UK will do so so much better outside of the EU as do many financial experts. We will go down with a sinking ship called the EU unless we have the courage to be our own nation

Plus they won't need to bother pissing about with rhd cars, increasing their efficiency.

I never would have imagined that Brexit would mean all German cars would be removed from the Australian, New Zealand and Indian markets (among others). Those Germans really are dedicated to punishing Britain aren't they!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I never would have imagined that Brexit would mean all German cars would be removed from the Australian, New Zealand and Indian markets (among others). Those Germans really are dedicated to punishing Britain aren't they!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Fair point ?

If you could imagine Australia becoming independant and saying it will have to rethink the Visas of British people in Australia. That is how EU people are feeling now. Plus the racist attacks that have been happening in the streets. Try and put yourself in other peoples shoes and see how it feels.

That happens quite a lot to British people here who got a 457 and couldn't get a permanent residency visa. Is the UK planning to kick people with no visa out? They should be.

That happens quite a lot to British people here who got a 457 and couldn't get a permanent residency visa. Is the UK planning to kick people with no visa out? They should be.

Remember though that this would apply in reverse for the 2 million Brits living in Europe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a very interesting day yesterday.

I went to the major exhibition held every 2 years for the quarry and construction industry in the UK called Hillhead.

I went with my boss and four of his friends. My boss has been very down about the referendum result and we met up with the other 4 to get a helicopter up to the exhibition.

These 4 guys are some of the biggest names in construction in the UK and once there we met up with a few others including one who is a Forbes Rich list (He was described to me as he effectively owns Kent). Between them, if it is a big build project such as Canary Wharf, they are the ones that build it. One of them - a lovely guy - owns every crane you see on the London sky line.

All were more than up beat about what the future holds. All are very clued up guys with a huge amount of contacts both across business and politics - you have to be to run businesses of this size. There attitude is that there will be a few people running around like headless chickens for a few weeks, but then back to boom. In fact, all had the attitude that they think there is a small window to capitalise on those that are running around panicking and get deals they will miss out on

This was repeated when I met with some of the teams from the major suppliers such as Caterpillar and Komatsu (a big supplier of plant equipment such as diggers). All reported they did more deals yesterday than they would normally do in 3 days of the exhibition in other years. Between the 6 of us that left Windsor, we spent some serious millions and that was peanuts to some of the deals going down. These guys do not spend cash unless they know they are going to get good returns.

I had a very interesting day yesterday.

I went to the major exhibition held every 2 years for the quarry and construction industry in the UK called Hillhead.

I went with my boss and four of his friends. My boss has been very down about the referendum result and we met up with the other 4 to get a helicopter up to the exhibition.

These 4 guys are some of the biggest names in construction in the UK and once there we met up with a few others including one who is a Forbes Rich list (He was described to me as he effectively owns Kent). Between them, if it is a big build project such as Canary Wharf, they are the ones that build it. One of them - a lovely guy - owns every crane you see on the London sky line.

All were more than up beat about what the future holds. All are very clued up guys with a huge amount of contacts both across business and politics - you have to be to run businesses of this size. There attitude is that there will be a few people running around like headless chickens for a few weeks, but then back to boom. In fact, all had the attitude that they think there is a small window to capitalise on those that are running around panicking and get deals they will miss out on

This was repeated when I met with some of the teams from the major suppliers such as Caterpillar and Komatsu (a big supplier of plant equipment such as diggers). All reported they did more deals yesterday than they would normally do in 3 days of the exhibition in other years. Between the 6 of us that left Windsor, we spent some serious millions and that was peanuts to some of the deals going down. These guys do not spend cash unless they know they are going to get good returns.

Well I hope you're right because the investors are marking all the construction firms down and selling them, it would be a little bit of relief from the gloom.