spring has finally sprung

bunbury61

After a very mild December and January ,the colder and wetter stuff came in February .Last week was as cold and miserable as it has been .Today is a different story .....daffodils are out ...people are out in their gardens ...work going on everywhere ...Sun is out ,temperatures are on the up .....heres to spring ,summer and autumn

My OH was saying the exact thing yesterday. I'm looking forward to the summer as I struggle in cold weather bring on the warmer sunshine!

Cant stand winter bell ...but the last few have been acceptable .

But I felt the change yesterday .....a wave of optimism ...after a couple of months of what I call " the grey blanket "

This winter has been so grey and wet. I've hated it. It's so hard to feel motivated to do anything when it's constantly dark and miserable. I'm so glad it's coming to an end.

I heard the weather forecast earlier which said this milder, brighter spell will last until Easter, at least. Fingers crossed it's right.

Occurred to me today that my youngest has never actually been in our back garden yet (beyond on the decking in the paddling pool in summer / early autumn. She is only 16 months and learned to walk at 12 months. It's all gravel& stones so she couldn't really go on it as a crawler. So in the 4 months since she could walk, it's been such rubbish weather ( wet /windy)on a weekend that we just haven't even been out in the garden at all. Went out there in the sun today to have a tidy up so she might actually have a chance to play outside next fine/mild day!

Edited by Bound4Tassie

It must be getting warmer we had our three resident frogs trying to get out of the pond last night ,will need to move the nest this morning ( nets there to stop the local Heron snacking)

Bright and fresh today ,bulbs popping up all over the garden so maybe just maybe the grey days are coming to an end

It must be getting warmer we had our three resident frogs trying to get out of the pond last night ,will need to move the nest this morning ( nets there to stop the local Heron snacking)

Bright and fresh today ,bulbs popping up all over the garden so maybe just maybe the grey days are coming to an end

Funny you mention that pat ...our pond is getting full of frog apawn .....we have 3 herons visit.

They have cost me a lot of money over the years.

I don't use a net now ....iam trying the netfloat system .....fingers crossed .....

About to stock up on fish Again .

Herons do a quiet and stealth job of emptying ponds

Funny you mention that pat ...our pond is getting full of frog apawn .....we have 3 herons visit.

They have cost me a lot of money over the years.

I don't use a net now ....iam trying the netfloat system .....fingers crossed .....

About to stock up on fish Again .

Herons do a quiet and stealth job of emptying ponds

i posted an add locally last week Wanted one enormous Heron last seen with 7 fish fingers flying towards the local wild fowl park

Our pond is out of view of our living are and we had not noticed the fish were gone as they were more or less dormant with the cold Opened the blinds one morning to see the Heron at the pond ,my yells warned the dead and the b bid took off But a head count saw that we had lost 7 fish grr

Must admit we had the same problem in Adelaide fish in one day Heron cam for breakfast the next

Wonder if it migrated to the UK when we did lol

Edited by Patphillips47

After a very mild December and January ,the colder and wetter stuff came in February .Last week was as cold and miserable as it has been .Today is a different story .....daffodils are out ...people are out in their gardens ...work going on everywhere ...Sun is out ,temperatures are on the up .....heres to spring ,summer and autumn

Daffs have been out for a while. Camellia is in flower. Next is the cherries.

Washed down the decking this weekend. Weed and feed the grass next.

Still frosty mornings but.

We arrived yesterday. It is flipping freezing. LOL.

Question 1 ....why do you keep coming back ?..

..in march,and then you complain its cold

As I said to a sibling on a recent visit ,and the same applies to you

And 2 ...the airports over there ...your plane leaves in an hour

We had 2 phone calls yesterday, one from my wifes sister who said it's a glorious spring day and one from my wifes friend 2 miles from her sister. She said the suns out but its flippin freezing.

Went for a walk lunchtime. Took light coat, hat and gloves. Was carrying them by the end and just in a T-shirt.

Up north went out into the garden as it was bright and sunny -went into the green house for a warm after a while lol

On a serious note ,they reckon last month was the warmest globally on record.

The arctic area was 11.5c warmer than average ...thats a worry .

I said in a previous post that the 1.5c rise in global temps that the world govts signed up to ,has already been surpassed

On a serious note ,they reckon last month was the warmest globally on record.

The arctic area was 11.5c warmer than average ...thats a worry .

I said in a previous post that the 1.5c rise in global temps that the world govts signed up to ,has already been surpassed

Double figures tomorrow!

Here in Berkshire, it has been lovely. Crisp mornings then sunny days and cold nights - perfect nights for a pint in front of the open fire at the pub :smile:

Cloudy today and chilly, but dry.

Tbh vs ...this last few weeks have been the coldest of the winter .....

Tbh vs ...this last few weeks have been the coldest of the winter .....

And I think we've had the driest of summers. I love storms but we've only had one this season. The local creek, 2 minutes walk away, where I photograph herons, cormorants and egrets is completely dry. It's a good half hours drive now to see any of them. Certainly a funny year weatherwise world wide.

And I think we've had the driest of summers. I love storms but we've only had one this season. The local creek, 2 minutes walk away, where I photograph herons, cormorants and egrets is completely dry. It's a good half hours drive now to see any of them. Certainly a funny year weatherwise world wide.

Even in Tasmania it has been extremely dry and it's still warm - I'll be glad to see the back of summer. I put a cardi on for the first time since November yesterday evening. Getting a bit nippier in the mornings and evenings.

At least we have seen a few showers this month and everywhere has greened up. Have had the first real humid days as a result this month and a fair few mozzies around for the first time since well before Christmas. My neighbours have been at pains to point out that our first summer here has been very unusual.