My travel thread

Quokka2005

Ah jakes just a friend, we got chatting on the backpacker Facebook group and spoke to each other since summer. Then when I got to Australia we phoned each other everyday or 2. We get on well so we decided to try travelling together because neither of us are fans of the party scene type thing and he's got a van now. Going to travel to Brisbane together and then maybe go our own ways or travel the rest. Just going to see how we get on

Are you coming to Brissie?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have loved reading this thread. I saw your posts before you left the UK and suddenly thought last night i wonder how you were getting on, I read the whole thread but then my battery went flat. I think you are pretty amazing travelling around and all these memories you are creating, some good and some bad. Never the less these are all memories that you will look back on. I know lots of people have been giving you advise and some criticise them for giving it but I recently flew back to the UK for a 3 week holiday and the advise i was given on here helped me greatly.

i laughed when I read your post and thought wow she is going to Melbourne, then the next page was just booked my flight to Perth. Then to Bali, but it kept me in suspense because I knew the next page you might be somewhere completely different. Enjoy your travels, your posts are far from boring and now I am sounding like a stalker! Enjoy your travels I have travelled the east coast from Port Douglas to Melbourne. Your honesty and saying things how you see it is so endearing. One of my friends managed to travel around Australia not paying for any hostels by house sitting and looking after people's pets. One houses was a mansion in Bondi overlooking the ocean, she stayed there 5 weeks rent free and had to feed their cat and two dogs. She did this all around Australia and stayed in some amazing properties.

keep the updates coming you have got me hooked now.

It's only for 2 or 3 weeks though, I feel guilty about wasting someone's time for only that amount. I wouldn't feel as bad through a agency.

Yeah chortle we're coming to Brisbane. We might go our separate ways at that point. Just depends if I want to strangle him by then and if we need to find work

It's only for 2 or 3 weeks though, I feel guilty about wasting someone's time for only that amount. I wouldn't feel as bad through a agency.

Yeah chortle we're coming to Brisbane. We might go our separate ways at that point. Just depends if I want to strangle him by then and if we need to find work

Chance are, he may wish to strangle you

I have loved reading this thread. I saw your posts before you left the UK and suddenly thought last night i wonder how you were getting on, I read the whole thread but then my battery went flat. I think you are pretty amazing travelling around and all these memories you are creating, some good and some bad. Never the less these are all memories that you will look back on. I know lots of people have been giving you advise and some criticise them for giving it but I recently flew back to the UK for a 3 week holiday and the advise i was given on here helped me greatly.

i laughed when I read your post and thought wow she is going to Melbourne, then the next page was just booked my flight to Perth. Then to Bali, but it kept me in suspense because I knew the next page you might be somewhere completely different. Enjoy your travels, your posts are far from boring and now I am sounding like a stalker! Enjoy your travels I have travelled the east coast from Port Douglas to Melbourne. Your honesty and saying things how you see it is so endearing. One of my friends managed to travel around Australia not paying for any hostels by house sitting and looking after people's pets. One houses was a mansion in Bondi overlooking the ocean, she stayed there 5 weeks rent free and had to feed their cat and two dogs. She did this all around Australia and stayed in some amazing properties.

keep the updates coming you have got me hooked now.

Only just noticed this sorry. Thanks a lot, this means a lot to me. My threads been really boring recently but hopefully it'll liven up a bit once I get to Perth/cairns.

Yeah that day I honestly didn't know if I was going to Melbourne or Perth, my mum was really surprised when I told her I was in Perth. I did say I was probably going to go but she thought in a few days. I don't really regret not going to Melbourne because I love Perth and I've enjoyed my time down south too. Looking forward to going back to Perth for a while and then seeing more of Australia.

He's bought me a fan for the van even though he told me I'd have to get my own because he's used to the heat. It must be love, I'll invite you all to the wedding :laugh: :laugh:

You will have so little space in that one bed, it will blow on both of you anyway......

Guest Guest66881
Oh behave lol I've already told him people are saying this stuff. Even my mates back home are saying stuff! Bunch of kids :laugh: Sometimes 3 or 4 people stay in these bCkpacker vans, does that mean they have a orgy haha

That or orgies then go walkAbout and go missing:eek::wink:

Oh behave lol I've already told him people are saying this stuff. Even my mates back home are saying stuff! Bunch of kids :laugh: Sometimes 3 or 4 people stay in these bCkpacker vans, does that mean they have a orgy haha

Ive noticed its only guys saying this Quokka,and we know how they think right?Just ignore them.One track minds and all that.Im sure the guy you'll be travelling with is a decent,respectful person.Im really excited for you and Im sure it will all be fine.

Ive noticed its only guys saying this Quokka,and we know how they think right?Just ignore them.One track minds and all that.Im sure the guy you'll be travelling with is a decent,respectful person.Im really excited for you and Im sure it will all be fine.

hes definitely very respectful with women, they usually ask if he's gay lol. I don't think we're used to men who aren't total creeps and I'm told that's definitely the case in Darwin

hes definitely very respectful with women, they usually ask if he's gay lol. I don't think we're used to men who aren't total creeps and I'm told that's definitely the case in Darwin

Just have a great time Stacey, there is a lot to see and people to meet.

Lets see some more pics of places and people

I don't think smart blokes have necessary one track minds. When a bloke doesn't validate desirability by not 'coming onto them' often the reverse is true.

Women have always told me as much so find solidarity with your travel mate. I just wish certain women would keep their hands to themselves. No definitely means No.