My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Pom Queen
People here are so friendly. One lovely member on here messaged me inviting me to meet them. Then I joined the pio Perth Facebook page and I've got chatting to people who have offered to meet me. One girl used to be on here and wants to show me around freo on Monday, I thought it was Emmaroo at first though. The lovely lady rainicorn has introduced me to people too. So kind

That's not the PIO Perth one I have had another member email me about this group in the last few weeks. I hope you are a member of the Perth forum though http://www.perthpoms.com

Guest The Pom Queen

I don't know if anybody remembers me talking about that street I liked the look of online. It was London court, went there today. Reminds me of diagnon alley in Harry Potter lol

Is that in the city? I went through a lovely arcade when I was there last year.

im not sure, what's wrong with it? I haven't joined the forum yet
There's nothing wrong with it Stacey! Its just the same as any other expat group, got a whole load of know it all *****, but so has most pages like that. Just dont ask where the best chippy is, jeez you will get 5 million replies! passes some time at night when there is nothing on the telly.

Haha, not been on here since Saturday . So our Stace has come to Perth.

good on ya, it the best city lol. Has its share of problems, but its like living in the UK circa 1985. Not a 24 hour city, but just a nice relaxed lifestyle.

hope you manage to visit the southern burbs. I will call on QSS, Dommy plus a few others just to show you how and where we live.

wherever you are in Perth, you will find a friendly face

There's nothing wrong with it Stacey! Its just the same as any other expat group, got a whole load of know it all *****, but so has most pages like that. Just dont ask where the best chippy is, jeez you will get 5 million replies! passes some time at night when there is nothing on the telly.

I only knew Stace was in Perth cos she joined the FB page.

i don't check n here daily, once a week maybe.

Fb pages are better for upto date info

Hey fifi! I didn't realise you didn't know I was here, what a lovely surprise for you lol :laugh: yeah where is Dom?! I was expecting a welcome party!

I think I'm going to Fremantle on Monday to meet someone. And then on Tuesday I think I'm meeting another pio member in mandurah. I got chatting to that guy in my room, he seems quite nice actually

Sounds like fun but probably wouldn't bother myself.

Hey fifi! I didn't realise you didn't know I was here, what a lovely surprise for you lol :laugh: yeah where is Dom?! I was expecting a welcome party!

I think I'm going to Fremantle on Monday to meet someone. And then on Tuesday I think I'm meeting another pio member in mandurah. I got chatting to that guy in my room, he seems quite nice actually

Haha, I nearly fell off the chair, while sat in the hairdressers, and I saw your post on the FB site xxx

Well if you want to stop off back from your trip to Mandurah, call in or I shall pick you up.

actually, you might not want to, I think I'm your second Scottish mum, I will tell you off lol

I'm off to see if I can find some factor 50 today. I put cream on yesterday but I've woke up this morning and my arms are a bit lobster like. My face has went a bit red again. I thought it was heat rash on my arms at first but I think I've just burnt the tops of them. I was starting to get a tan! Maybe not a tan like everybody else but a Scottish tan lol

Factor 50 isn't going to make very much difference at all, it's just a marketing ploy.

Make sure you REALLY slather the cream on - the experts say 90% of people are too stingy with it. That's why you need to put it on when you get out of the shower, with no clothes on, so you're not worried about getting it on your clothes.

SPF30 slathered on will be much, much more effective than SPF50 applied thinly. I try to avoid aerosols because of the environment, but actually the Nivea sunscreen in an aerosol is great because it's so much easier to cover yourself in it. Not cheap, but you don't feel all horrible and greasy after applying it!

download.jpg

Factor 50 isn't going to make very much difference at all, it's just a marketing ploy.

Make sure you REALLY slather the cream on - the experts say 90% of people are too stingy with it. That's why you need to put it on when you get out of the shower, with no clothes on, so you're not worried about getting it on your clothes.

SPF30 slathered on will be much, much more effective than SPF50 applied thinly. I try to avoid aerosols because of the environment, but actually the Nivea sunscreen in an aerosol is great because it's so much easier to cover yourself in it. Not cheap, but you don't feel all horrible and greasy after applying it!

download.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen

So ladies I'm just about to log off for the night but I wanted to see the photos of Fiona and Stacey dancing on the tables first, but I guess they are probably tucked up in bed fast asleep now.

Archived