Who's leaving Australia in 2016

paul1977

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are sept after 7 years between sydney and perth. We left britain as it was in trouble and now we will leave perth in bad times, WA is in so deep the greedy greedy bogans won't see it coming short sighted small minded people.Looking forward to living again and travelling around Europe were there are no OZZIES apart from a rough bar somewhere.

I come from manchester and I am proud but we are going back to exeter for a change of life.

We are sept after 7 years between sydney and perth. We left britain as it was in trouble and now we will leave perth in bad times, WA is in so deep the greedy greedy bogans won't see it coming short sighted small minded people.Looking forward to living again and travelling around Europe were there are no OZZIES apart from a rough bar somewhere.

I come from manchester and I am proud but we are going back to exeter for a change of life.

Exeter is nice.

Wise decision cheeky ...exeter is a nice spot .....decent facilities,and its own little airport..good choice.....europe is calling

Perth is cyclical. I guess some don't realise that. They soon will.

I do wonder why all you guys didn't leave when the exchange rate was better?

Perth is cyclical. I guess some don't realise that. They soon will.

I do wonder why all you guys didn't leave when the exchange rate was better?

Absolutely, we timed it perfectly and would have lost more than £50,000 if we had left it until now. It's not always possible though I guess.

Will be heading back late Feb/early March - although probably only for a year now before we can retire properly to UK in about 5 years time..... Have sister who has just moved to Exeter (well Exmouth) and she loves it.... her pics of the beach are beautiful. She is retiring there and always wanted to live by the sea..... can't wait to visit

Not up there ! He's on the same Island my OH is on, North WA, very, very hot. But extremely well paid!

if Paul1977 is moving to take up a new job, I'd say that he is very smart. It's not looking good on that very hot island just now.

The company plans to cut between 6,000 and 7,000 total jobs across the globe, some of which will happen in Australia, where two projects — the Gorgon and the Wheatstone — are starting to wind down.

“As we ramp down these projects, obviously, you need fewer people,” Watson said

In addition to its in-house job cuts, Chevron plans to slash an equal number of contractors as it hustles to reduce costs and revamp its spending budget amid the worst industry downturn in years.

if Paul1977 is moving to take up a new job, I'd say that he is very smart. It's not looking good on that very hot island just now.

The company plans to cut between 6,000 and 7,000 total jobs across the globe, some of which will happen in Australia, where two projects — the Gorgon and the Wheatstone — are starting to wind down.

“As we ramp down these projects, obviously, you need fewer people,” Watson said

In addition to its in-house job cuts, Chevron plans to slash an equal number of contractors as it hustles to reduce costs and revamp its spending budget amid the worst industry downturn in years.

Despite a a year overrun the project is about where it is meant to be so yes the construction side is winding down and all who are up there knew it was coming so it's old news and not a surprise to anyone who actually works there. My OH has been asked to sign on for another year covering maintenance and others will follow too, as was expected two years ago.

Despite a a year overrun the project is about where it is meant to be so yes the construction side is winding down and all who are up there knew it was coming so it's old news and not a surprise to anyone who actually works there. My OH has been asked to sign on for another year covering maintenance and others will follow too, as was expected two years ago.

Exactly. So if Paul1977 does have another position to move on to, then it makes for a smarter choice rather than waiting for that 'tap on the shoulder'.

Exactly. So if Paul1977 does have another position to move on to, then it makes for a smarter choice rather than waiting for that 'tap on the shoulder'.

Yes it certainly does, however he was adamant he wanted the tap on the shoulder earlier as he wanted to leave in December, that's why I made the comment, if I thought he didn't want to leave I certainly wouldn't have made the comment.