Who's leaving Australia in 2016

paul1977

I dont disgree one bit. I have been saying from the start it's been my experience and observations as we moved around the UK, nothing more. There is obviously a lot more of positive multiculturalism in the UK compared to negative, I was trying to draw a comparison to it's extent in the two countries. So my views are not for a majority, I am explaining what I think the meaning of being multicultural is in terms of work and living in the community.

My views on Australia too have been from posts on here and from family and friends in Syd/Mel so I will only know the true picture once I myself live in Australia, and I accept responses from more experienced folks who have lived it over mine that's just from reading forum posts!

KnK

I'm not having a go at you at all but there seems to be an element of wishing thinking in what you are saying. It's like when I read on here how people can't wait to get to Australia to get away from crime or to have a better work life balance or to be able to spend more time with family. Sorry to say it doesn't guarantee any of those things and often the opposite. Not saying you but many seem to think of Australia as being special or different and these things don't apply, I'm afraid Australia is just another 1st world country. A great country to live in but the exact same problems exist.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not having a go at you at all but there seems to be an element of wishing thinking in what you are saying. It's like when I read on here how people can't wait to get to Australia to get away from crime or to have a better work life balance or to be able to spend more time with family. Sorry to say it doesn't guarantee any of those things and often the opposite. Not saying you but many seem to think of Australia as being special or different and these things don't apply, I'm afraid Australia is just another 1st world country. A great country to live in but the exact same problems exist.

On yes, we know the type and we have heads screwed on right to know exactly what we are in store for when we finally make it there. A lot of our friends and cousins moving out to any place like UK or USA or Australia assumed all their problems would magically disappear and they would be moving to heaven. With that in mind, most of them have now completely lost that sparkle from their eyes once they settled in and had to start their working lives

And to repeat myself, we are not moving for the weather or the easy life, big houses and low crime rates, time for us to be with family as we start one of our own. We grew up with lots of cousins and family around and I believe that is a good thing for a child growing up so they have some bonding. It's difficult in this day and age but since we have the chance why not give it a go. We are lucky we qualify to migrate and decided better move now that later. Worse case, we know we have the option to always move back without kids and a lot of commitments to worry about (one can never tell with families, we could feel choked with family worries after 10 years of being happily to ourselves in the UK!)

Cheers

KnK

It is something that Brits are just as bad at as others - there are plenty of "little Britain" areas of Perth for example full of Brits who shop at the British shops, have other British friends and only watch British TV.

I find that incredibly sad! Reminds me of Mallorca!

Yes all nationalities do it, I find the British are the least guilty as you don't tend to have British suburbs and rows of shops like you do with Chinese,Greeks, Vietnamese, Italians and other nationalities. We tend generally to integrate pretty well.

I have never seen so many premier league shirts at one time as I have seen on visits to some of Perths northern suburbs.

But, every nationality do it. My wife is incredibly multicultural - she has had to be being a Peruvian who moved to the UK and then became and Australian. When we lived in Leicester, most of her friends we Pakistani and many even wore full burqa. But, even she was excited to attend some events for Peruvians living in Perth

• 4 weeks later...
Hi I'm flying out to cairns from London 22nd June! Im going solo! Anyone else heading to cairns?

Why would you bother posting this on a thread that asks "who is leaving Australia in 2016"?

Hi I'm flying out to cairns from London 22nd June! Im going solo! Anyone else heading to cairns?

Yeah, I'm also heading to Cairns in June but only to escape the Melbourne winter for two weeks. I'm hoping to get back to the UK for a long holiday in 2017 but there's no way I could see myself permanently living in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I'm also heading to Cairns in June but only to escape the Melbourne winter for two weeks. I'm hoping to get back to the UK for a long holiday in 2017 but there's no way I could see myself permanently living in the UK.

Very wise, holidays good, permanent living not so good.