Seats on the plane

Guest51810

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both times I've flown back to Oz within the last 2 yrs I've chosen seats right at the back,with the two seats together and chosen the aisle seat.No problems at all hon.I figure (and I was right)that the other person sat next to the window would also be flying alone.Not sure how Id feel flying alone sat next to a couple?Both times have been good for me because both people respected my privacy as I did theirs,and we really only spoke during meal times.The rest of the time I pretty much slept!haha

I fly frequently and always leave choosing seats to as late as possible, that way I quite often don't have anyone sitting next to me as most other people have chosen there is a much higher chance the seat next to you will be free. The flights I take are rarely fully booked though as they are expensive business flights - who else wants to fly to London at 6am on a Monday morning :)

Both times I've flown back to Oz within the last 2 yrs I've chosen seats right at the back,with the two seats together and chosen the aisle seat.No problems at all hon.I figure (and I was right)that the other person sat next to the window would also be flying alone.Not sure how Id feel flying alone sat next to a couple?Both times have been good for me because both people respected my privacy as I did theirs,and we really only spoke during meal times.The rest of the time I pretty much slept!haha

Interesting as I think a couple are far less likely to engage in conversation than a single - I'd be vaguely uncomfortable travelling alone sitting next to a single man (especially if he was hot :):) ) Personally though I have had some great conversations with travelling companions - hopefully I have enough EQ to know when my conversation is wanted!

I ended up beside a hot guy when I was coming back from herm, it was a bit uncomfortable because I kept worrying I was going to doze off and end up on his shoulder. Would be cool if I did end up beside someone who was good to talk to. Although I don't want to talk the whole way there!

Wow 6ft 4 lol that's tall! Thanks guys I'll pick one of those then. wish i coukd knock myself out with sleeping pills lol.

srh82 - I paid around £510 in the end. That's for the flight to australia and singapore

If you leave it any longer - you'll end up with what's left lol. I'd go for the aisle seat of a set of 2

Wow 6ft 4 lol that's tall! Thanks guys I'll pick one of those then. wish i coukd knock myself out with sleeping pills lol.

srh82 - I paid around £510 in the end. That's for the flight to australia and singapore

It's amazing how many people meet me and you say you're tall aren't you ? As if there is more than more answer to the question lol

I ended up beside a hot guy when I was coming back from herm, it was a bit uncomfortable because I kept worrying I was going to doze off and end up on his shoulder. Would be cool if I did end up beside someone who was good to talk to. Although I don't want to talk the whole way there!

Can you imagine if we'd got sat next to each other on a flight, no-one would have got any sleep :)

It's amazing how many people meet me and you say you're tall aren't you ? As if there is more than more answer to the question lol

i know lol must get annoying. Well im a little short arse so leg rooms not really a problem for me, it's more if the seats are comfy and the entertainment is half decent

[/color]

You choose at the time of booking (or as near damn possible) not at check-in

I select at the time of booking and check regularly. I've still got four stretches of four. That would beat my three stretches of four two years ago. Better than business.

I'm not wanting a window seat just because I don't like being stuck in.

Personally I prefer the window seat because the window makes the perfect place to put your pillow or lean against. Good support. Also like looking out.

I can never sleep in the middle or aisle because you are always being woken by people getting in and out of seats, people passing to loo, trolleys being pushed down aisle, etc...

I'm not sitting at the window for the same reason as lady rainicorn. I hate asking people to move and I'll just sit there and barely drink a thing for that reason which wouldn't be a good idea. I've been dehydrated in the past so now I'm trying to drink a lot more. When I had the cold the other day I was drinking loads, probably too much but I felt like I needed. My service user said to me the next morning "Stacey do you have a overflowing bladder" lol :laugh:

No I've never chosen a window seat SS when travelling alone.I do drink a lot of water when travelling (I do even when I'm not!)and consequently have to visit the loo several times lol So for that reason alone,I wouldn't.The last couple of times I've been back in Oz,I've chosen the aisle seat at the very back where there are two seats.I've noticed though,middle row seats have been quite empty,and people have managed to have a whole row to themselves so can put the arm rests up to stretch out and sleep.I have no problem sleeping whilst sitting up on a long haul.I'd get picking hon otherwise you'll either have limited choice or none!

There are only 2 seats left on our flight and they are miles apart from each other so we haven't booked them. Hoping the check in staff will find us something a bit closer together otherwise we have the galley and toilets between us on the heathrow to Singapore leg.

Oh well if either of us changes our mind about going, at least we won't be able to row about it :biglaugh: