Seats on the plane

Guest51810

Honestly I don't think it matters tbh. I'd prolly go 16F if its one of the last groups boarding, first group off sort of thing. I like to be off and moving asap after landing is all.

Just pick one and be done :)

Saying that, if 29D is still free thats a good midway between the 2 you posted about at the start of the thread :laugh:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now im really fussy with food. Should I pre-order a bland meal..

its usually a set menu with a choice of 2. Depending on the airline it's either chicken and beef or chicken and fish. Some it's veggie or certain meats won't be on the menu. Starters may vary a bit too. I'd wait till the day and just go with whatever is on the menu. My most recent flight it was chicken or beef and I went beef. Beef, boiled pots and veg. Was fine. Plus they served breakfast, either scrambled egg and sausage or omelette and sausage.

Most of the time on long haul I prefer not to eat too much.

@amibovered Oi don't you start. :laugh: My first one is 31 F and my second one is 26 D. Knowing my luck i'll end up sitting beside someone even more annoying than me.

@snifter I had a quick look at some of the menu pics online and I wasn't sure. I like chicken etc but I don't like spicy stuff. I'll probably like the breakfast stuff. Then i'm assuming they usually have some snacks like chocolate etc? Or I'll bring my own stuff, I usually do that

@amibovered Oi don't you start. :laugh: My first one is 31 F and my second one is 26 D. Knowing my luck i'll end up sitting beside someone even more annoying than me.

@snifter I had a quick look at some of the menu pics online and I wasn't sure. I like chicken etc but I don't like spicy stuff. I'll probably like the breakfast stuff. Then i'm assuming they usually have some snacks like chocolate etc? Or I'll bring my own stuff, I usually do that

OH NO, NOT 26 D :shocked:

What airline is it again? They don't usually do spicy food on flights for obvious reasons ;) I'd not worry too much, most of the time its pretty bland and not over powering or anything.

Snacks get served too. Last flight was a pizza slice midway through. I got son's bit also as he was sleeping. Was ok. Chocolate makes me really thirsty on long haul as it drys your mouth and you can get dehydrated anyways flying. Just seems to add to the dry mouth syndrome eating chocs.

I'm going with Qatar :) Longest I've ever been on a plane is 8 hours so this should be interesting.. That's true about chocolate, I didn't think about that! I really want to have one or two alcoholic drinks to make me sleepy but I'll probably end up feeling worse when I get there. Would maybe be okay with two vodkas but id have to stay away from the wine

Those little small pocket sized bottles are ok though aren't they? I don't know the ml but they look travel sized. We have them at work. I used to use them all the time but think I was using it too much. Some of these wash liquids irritate my hands a bit. Used to use the hibiscrub at the vets and my hands would go flaky and pink :(

Those little small pocket sized bottles are ok though aren't they? I don't know the ml but they look travel sized. We have them at work. I used to use them all the time but think I was using it too much. Some of these wash liquids irritate my hands a bit. Used to use the hibiscrub at the vets and my hands would go flaky and pink :(

Here's a guide - think of the little Body Shop bottles, with body lotions etc in them - those ar 60ml, they are fine

And the E45 tubes of moisturiser you can buy in Boots, those are ok too.

Aisle seat for me every time - good choice. Whatever you do, don't forget a couple of pairs of foam ear plugs - they really help keep out the noise when you're not watching a movie and are trying to snooze.

I've had some really nice/interesting/hot/funny flying companions over the years (and one part of a flight upgraded to First!!), and I really enjoy the flight to Oz - it's like a holiday the moment you get on the plane....waited on hand and foot, nothing to do but watch movies or read, have someone fetch and carry for you, no washing up and getting closer to Oz (and my man) every minute. The flights home - well, you can imagine, usually just cry and sleep for the first flight, second one is slightly better, but I'm not the best company.

Just enjoy it, it is the first step of your adventure after all. Have fun......

Edited by Wan2go
typo

Guest littlesarah

Hibiscrub is horrible on your skin. When I worked in theatre (as in surgery, not luvvie dahling) most of used Betadine as it seemed to be less drying. If you're getting cold symptoms your immune system is probably OK (the symptoms are the result of your immune system attempting to get rid of the pesky cold virus) - I've had loads since D started daycare - all of us had a cold for 3 months on and off. I do recommend saline nasal spray when flying as it helps to keep your nose moist - some of the blocked up feeling you get can be because the air is so dry. Also, if your skin is in good condition before you go (i.e. not too dry or irritated) the protective flora you carry will be present in greater numbers than if it's dry.

Hibiscrub is horrible on your skin. When I worked in theatre (as in surgery, not luvvie dahling) most of used Betadine as it seemed to be less drying. If you're getting cold symptoms your immune system is probably OK (the symptoms are the result of your immune system attempting to get rid of the pesky cold virus) - I've had loads since D started daycare - all of us had a cold for 3 months on and off. I do recommend saline nasal spray when flying as it helps to keep your nose moist - some of the blocked up feeling you get can be because the air is so dry. Also, if your skin is in good condition before you go (i.e. not too dry or irritated) the protective flora you carry will be present in greater numbers than if it's dry.

it was definitely horrible! I think the powdered gloves seem to do the same things to my hands if I wear them too much. I just feel like I've not been feeling 100% a lot recently - not run down, coughs etc. it's funny you've said that because my skin has been feeling very dry during the time that I've not been feeling great. Will need to have a moisturising day lol

Guest littlesarah

Powdered latex is known to cause a localised skin reaction in a lot of people that wear those types of gloves, me included. The NHS phased out latex gloves for non-sterile procedures a long time ago in favour of nitrile and got rid of powdered latex before that. Make sure you don't have traces of moisturiser on your skin before wearing powdered latex gloves as the oils can make the problem worse, I seem to recall. If they irritate you though, the best bet would be powder-free, or preferably nitrile (because the powder is high in latex protein which is probably why so many people have a localised reaction to the gloves). Powdered are way cheaper, which is why businesses use them, but compensating a worker who goes on to develop a true latex allergy would probably be more so!