Six weeks back - my impressions (warning, whinge)

Marisawright

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on, you have been busted and still don't have the decency to do the right thing.

Actually I think the problem is you misdirected her. There is no link to a £6 menu. There's a "Menus" link at the top of the page and then you select the "2468 Main menu".

I'm sure if FF follows those instructions it will work.

Interesting that the site is actually a wholesale food company that supplies frozen prepackaged meals to these pubs.

But you don't get any chips (or anything except a garnish, really) with those meals.

If you want chips or coleslaw or salad or bread you have to pay a pound each for them.

So a steak with sauce, chips and a salad is going to cost you 9 pounds 50. Is it not?

It's not as cheap as it seems..

Actually I think the problem is you misdirected her. There is no link to a £6 menu. There's a "Menus" link at the top of the page and then you select the "2468 Main menu".

Interesting that the site is actually a wholesale food company that supplies frozen prepackaged meals to these pubs.

Hmmm, I wondered why the prices were so reasonable.

So instead of checking the menu before basically accusing me of being a liar she just jumped in with both feet and I was to blame. I posted the link AFTER she made her post which again she was liked for even though she was wrong. It's like little gangs in here lol

But you don't get any chips (or anything except a garnish, really) with those meals.

If you want chips or coleslaw or salad or bread you have to pay a pound each for them.

So a steak with sauce, chips and a salad is going to cost you 9 pounds 50. Is it not?

It's not as cheap as it seems..

No, the £6 steak includes chips and salad, believe me I have had it more than once lol So yes it is as cheap as it sounds.

So, are the meals frozen, pre-packaged or not?

I wouldn't have a clue and not bothered, if a meal tastes nice what difference does it make ? Are pubs supposed to have all their food fresh in the cupboard and hope it all sells. Every pub in the world uses frozen food.

No, the £6 steak includes chips and salad, believe me I have had it more than once lol So yes it is as cheap as it sounds.

That's not what it says on the menu. It does include veggies but no chips, so you're both wrong.

And she was trying to find the menu based on your link. I couldn't find it based on that link either, I only thought of trying to download the 2468 menu on the third try.

Not according to the menu you posted the link to.

It states that the steak comes with onion rings (3 in the pic), tomato (half in the pic), mushrooms and peas. No mention of chips or any kind of potato on the 6 pound menu.

Sides of chips, salad etc are costed seperately and listed on the right hand side.

Not according to the menu you posted the link to.

It states that the steak comes with onion rings (3 in the pic), tomato (half in the pic), mushrooms and peas. No mention of chips or any kind of potato on the 6 pound menu.

Sides of chips, salad etc are costed seperately and listed on the right hand side.

Once again I suggest you actually read the menu, it clearly states that all £4, 6 and 8 meals come with a choice of chips, mashed potato or rice. I suppose I will be accused of hiding that fact lol

That's not what it says on the menu. It does include veggies but no chips, so you're both wrong.

And she was trying to find the menu based on your link. I couldn't find it based on that link either, I only thought of trying to download the 2468 menu on the third try.

Read post #648, it is very clear on the menu. ☺