Six weeks back - my impressions (warning, whinge)

Marisawright

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange as that's what it seemed like to me

Ah yes a classic case of misinterpretation. That's OK :) The thing is the part you highlighted in your second post wasn't actually highlighted in your original post but seriously don't worry about it, it could happen to anyone.

Edited by bristolman

Let's face it this could go backwards and forwards forever. If someone in the UK says they paid this then someone in Australia will say they paid less and they get paid 10 times what they did in England and vice versa. At the end of the day we can only comment on our own experiences but of course that doesn't mean you can just say anything and expect it to go unchallenged lol WE are finding it cheaper to live here, no one can disagree as it is what WE are finding. Our food costs are lower, eating out is lower and even running a car is lower for US.

..and one thing you have never done is tell us where you were in Australia and where you are now in the UK. As I've said many times, it is totally meaningless to say "Australia is dearer than the UK" or vice versa and (if you read my post) I have never ever said that. What I have said is that where I'm living now is dearer than where I used to live in Oz. There are so many variations between regions and cities in both countries, generalisations will always cause arguments.

Ah yes a classic case of misinterpretation. That's OK :) The thing is the part you highlighted in your second post wasn't actually highlighted in your original post but seriously don't worry about it, it could happen to anyone.

And your case is??....

think you've been well n truely stung mate:laugh:

..and one thing you have never done is tell us where you were in Australia and where you are now in the UK. As I've said many times, it is totally meaningless to say "Australia is dearer than the UK" or vice versa and (if you read my post) I have never ever said that. What I have said is that where I'm living now is dearer than where I used to live in Oz. There are so many variations between regions and cities in both countries, generalisations will always cause arguments.

Actually I have posted both where I was and where I am before. I am in the NW Midlands (Shropshire) and have actually more than once said it very much depends on where you are from and where you are now. I think the confusing thing for many was saying something like you can't buy a sofa for less than £500. If I said you can't buy a sofa for under $1000 I would fully expect people to come out of the woodwork to tell me that it was nonsense.

How ? I said I can and have bought a steak for £6 my mistake was not including that particular pub in the ones I listed. If that means I have been stung then ouch, that really hurt.

Interesting to read trip adviser about the Full Pitcher, yes it would appear there are very cheap meals there, but from the reports I wouldn't go near the place.

Interesting to read trip adviser about the Full Pitcher, yes it would appear there are very cheap meals there, but from the reports I wouldn't go near the place.

Just goes to show how little weight you should put in these things, first hand experience is all that counts.

Interesting, highest ranking category was still excellent, then very good. It's hard to understand the low ratings, these ratings have been shown to be shonky, maybe competing pubs lol

Edited by bristolman

I have been trying to remember the name of the pub, it is the Full Pitcher down in Ledbury. Well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in that lovely part of the country. £6 for a lovely steak.

How many years ago was that?

I ask because the menu for the Full Pitcher in Ledbury is available on line and I can't see any £6 steaks lol

Edited by Freckleface

Actually I have posted both where I was and where I am before. I am in the NW Midlands (Shropshire) and have actually more than once said it very much depends on where you are from and where you are now. I think the confusing thing for many was saying something like you can't buy a sofa for less than £500. If I said you can't buy a sofa for under $1000 I would fully expect people to come out of the woodwork to tell me that it was nonsense.

If you go back and read that particular part of my post, i did say "the cost of furniture ... is frightening. I'm sure it's frightening in Oz too, it's just that it's ten years since I had to buy any" so why you take it as a criticism of the UK I have no idea. For all I know, a decent sofa in Australia might well cost $1000.

Just goes to show how little weight you should put in these things, first hand experience is all that counts.

Interesting, highest ranking category was still excellent, then very good. It's hard to understand the low ratings, these ratings have been shown to be shonky, maybe competing pubs lol

.............. and by the same token perhaps the high ratings were shonky too .................... I don't entirely trust those ratings things.

Edited by JockinTas

How many years ago was that?

I ask because the menu for the Full Pitcher in Ledbury is available on line and I can't see any £6 steaks lol

OK so basically call me a liar because you aren't able to read the menu and amazingly get the post liked as well, incredible lol

I have been trying to remember the name of the pub, it is the Full Pitcher down in Ledbury. Well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in that lovely part of the country. £6 for a lovely steak.

I'm sure it empties out pretty quickly when you arrive:wink: