I wanna go home

AngeB

Yup, pack and go, basically with your UK passport in your hot clammy little hand. Im in the Johndoe camp of animals - unless you're rolling in cash could you rehome them?

Being a soft as shite pom , leaving the dog or cat would be unthinkable .....the dog would be sat next to me on the plane .....mrs and kids in the hold on the plane....my best pal rides with me

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a soft as shite pom , leaving the dog or cat would be unthinkable .....the dog would be sat next to me on the plane .....mrs and kids in the hold on the plane....my best pal rides with me

LOL, that's why I don't have a pet, I'd be thinking the same if they were up close and personal I suspect! But from this distance I'm a dead hard hearted Hannah!

Hi there thanks for that, I was gobsmacked and when they showed me the cat crate I told themmonty would need something double the size so he can move about. Ill have more of a look around , its really appreciated any financial savings are brilliant.

Have a good day carol

So much to think about just to go home, it looks like I'm stuck :-( My story, if anyone is interested, is that I've always had trouble getting work in the 11 years I've been in Perth, West Australia, I'm a payroll/HR/Office Manager, Bookkeeper, business owner etc. etc. I left a great job in the UK. I'm 55 now, single, and have applied for over 1000 jobs in the year that I've been unemployed and hardly ever get replies. When I do get an interview, I don't get the job, could it be that I'm in that old age group here in Oz or because I still have an English accent. My age is not on my Resume!!! I have a professional Resume and letters that I send out, and I'm, totally sick of being broke!

To survive, I bought my own job in 2012, I sold my house and bought a medium sized business and employed 10 people, including myself and my daughter. I was in the wrong spot for the business and it became insolvent last March.

I've offerred my time volunteering, my passion is conservation and wildlife, but I would have to pay them to be their volunteer!!

My friends treat me differently and I rarely go out anymore due to lack of funds. I am becoming totally isolated and not feeling too good about life in general. I feel like I don't fit in here.

I have two kids, both grown up, both here, the're great. My daughter, who I live with is also single, an extremely talented illustrator and is also, still unemployed, she wants to go home too.

The question is will we be better off there?? I just don't know, but if I stay here, I'm going to sink in every way. I'm so over it!

So much to think about just to go home, it looks like I'm stuck :-( My story, if anyone is interested, is that I've always had trouble getting work in the 11 years I've been in Perth, West Australia, I'm a payroll/HR/Office Manager, Bookkeeper, business owner etc. etc. I left a great job in the UK. I'm 55 now, single, and have applied for over 1000 jobs in the year that I've been unemployed and hardly ever get replies. When I do get an interview, I don't get the job, could it be that I'm in that old age group here in Oz or because I still have an English accent. My age is not on my Resume!!! I have a professional Resume and letters that I send out, and I'm, totally sick of being broke!

To survive, I bought my own job in 2012, I sold my house and bought a medium sized business and employed 10 people, including myself and my daughter. I was in the wrong spot for the business and it became insolvent last March.

I've offerred my time volunteering, my passion is conservation and wildlife, but I would have to pay them to be their volunteer!!

My friends treat me differently and I rarely go out anymore due to lack of funds. I am becoming totally isolated and not feeling too good about life in general. I feel like I don't fit in here.

I have two kids, both grown up, both here, the're great. My daughter, who I live with is also single, an extremely talented illustrator and is also, still unemployed, she wants to go home too.

The question is will we be better off there?? I just don't know, but if I stay here, I'm going to sink in every way. I'm so over it!

Sorry to hear ear ya down on ya luck ....what u mean ya friends treat u differently ...because u have no job ? Well clearly they are not ya friends tell them bugger off . I'm not sure if you will be better off job wise but you carnt be any worse off . I hope you get some luck soon...i know how ya feel on something's , if ya friends were any sort of friends they would treat you to a night out I know I would :) hope you sort it soooon xx

Pets are family and to abandon them is just wrong IMO, you have committed to them when you took them into your home, remember we are all animals on this planet and we just happen to be the most intelligent of all the animals.

Clearly i I think people with a heart will know that ....but what would you do if you were skint ...I'm sure she will find a good home if push come to shove . People's circumstances change ...situations beyond control ...who r u to make her feel even more guilty .

Edited by blossom
breaking forum rules

Pets are family and to abandon them is just wrong IMO, you have committed to them when you took them into your home, remember we are all animals on this planet and we just happen to be the most intelligent of all the animals.

Perthbum, I have 2 chokkie labs, 1 of them, Charlie, has a very stubborn and cantankerous personality, it's all on his terms, he really reminds me of YOU!!, Milo, meanwhile is just a pleaser and desperately wants love and affection, they strangely compliment each other's personality, both are a complete joy, both we could never ever envisage life without, we love them!!

Edited by Ozmaniac
Fixed quote

Clearly i I think people with a heart will know that ....but what would you do if you were skint ...I'm sure she will find a good home if push come to shove . People's circumstances change ...situations beyond control ...who r u to make her feel even more guilty !

Perhaps PB didn't read about Ange's problems and worries.

Hope things get better for you Ange.

Edited by blossom
Breaking forum rules

From what ive read I think Ange is a bit more committed to her fur babies than some would be and I agree that's how it should be.You take on a pet, then that pet is a member of your family ....until it dies.So what next, your a bit skint .... So what you going to do....sell one of your children's kidneys ??

Why are people ripped off so much when shipping animals, the airlines know it is a heart matter and just sting the person wanting to take their pet home, absoulute disgrace that they get away with it. I would find a way to take my dog home if I was in that situation, dogs feel a lot more than we actually realise.

Faithful Dog Refuses to Leave Graveside of Owner Who Died Six Years Ago

By Spooky on September 13th, 2012 Category: Animals, News

Capitán, a dog who has remained by his deceased owner’s graveside for the last six years, proves an animal’s love and loyalty transcend the boundaries of life and death. Although he still has a family to go back to, the canine simply refuses to leave his master’s side.

p.s, if it was me and I could not take my dog home I would stay in that country till my mate dies or save to take her home.

Edited by Perthbum

Evening from here in the uk, its going to cost an awfull lot of money, im looking at coming the other way with a shih tzu, got a quote frm transfur £4000 approx I was amazed and that was in a cat crate darling if you can id find foster homes for them. No onecan do more than €20, 000 to transfer pets. Its also 10days in quarantine in adelaide so I expect it could be around that coming back. The UKis a very different place from 11yrs ago so id think hard, theres alot of migration from eastern Europe, which in turn has meant employers take advantage of paying them below minimum wages, its not there fault but as a result people get paid alot lower than 10yrs ago in work in particular the service industries and a lot of anger from certain communities as theyve real issues as a direct result.. NHS has lots of problems too ... definatly the uk is a different place... so much so why alot of uk citizens emigrate themselves.

Good luck for the future and I hope you get everything you wish for

Australia is also a different place to when I left 12 yrs ago.Works both ways!

Why are people ripped off so much when shipping animals, the airlines know it is a heart matter and just sting the person wanting to take their pet home, absoulute disgrace that they get away with it. I would find a way to take my dog home if I was in that situation, dogs feel a lot more than we actually realise.

Faithful Dog Refuses to Leave Graveside of Owner Who Died Six Years Ago

By Spooky on September 13th, 2012 Category: Animals, News

Capitán, a dog who has remained by his deceased owner’s graveside for the last six years, proves an animal’s love and loyalty transcend the boundaries of life and death. Although he still has a family to go back to, the canine simply refuses to leave his master’s side.

p.s, if it was me and I could not take my dog home I would stay in that country till my mate dies or save to take her home.

I think I'd have to do the same.

Agreed about the cost of animal transport. Disgusting rip-off :mad:

Edited by JockinTas

Australia is also a different place to when I left 12 yrs ago.Works both ways!

Can we not turn this into a discussion about which country is better...

Expect it from PB but not you!! ...sorry

At the end of the day, what the OP needs is practical options to either return to the UK or stay here..

keep the bickering for elsewhere

At the end of the day, what the OP needs is practical options to either return to the UK or stay here..

It'll never happen same old same old !

suggest you look at post 11 which was reacted to...cheers.