Abbot govmint Gaffe Watch

Harpodom

No one should forget that 38 Australian citizens and residents were murdered by Russian backed separatists.

Shot out of the sky on MH17. Of course hundreds others died too.

So to say Tony Abbott should be statesman like to Vladimir Putin is ridiculous.

I hope he does shirt front him (metaphorically) and let him know how disgraceful his actions have been in Ukraine.

Poor Tone hasn't got over being ignored by Putin, when sitting next to him, when an early kid on the block. More likely be a pussy cat in the man's presence. Akin to first meeting with Indonesia's leader where he grovelled big time that even I felt embarrassed for him.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it laughable that he said what he did but even more concerning was when he reads out the statement he makes it plain that it must have been written for him. He must have read it word for word and said "you bet you are" Then changed it quickly to "you bet I am".:laugh:

Not surprised really when words have been bandied around in politics for years like Chief head kicker, at the coal face (like the actually do some work and not just sit arguing all day), playing hard ball and about a thousand other phrases that have nothing to do with politics and more to do with cage fighting. Putin must be laughing his head off, it will be like being savaged by a poodle.

Poor Tone hasn't got over being ignored by Putin, when sitting next to him, when an early kid on the block. More likely be a pussy cat in the man's presence. Akin to first meeting with Indonesia's leader where he grovelled big time that even I felt embarrassed for him.

If he did grovel, it was to make amends for all the embarrassment heaped on Australia's relationship with Indonesia by the inept Juliar.

Stopping the boats, and getting rid of the mining/carbon tax were good starts. Now to get a few of the budget cuts through.

Saying that Tony Abbott has no policies after he promised to stop the boats and repeal the carbon tax, is like saying to a new EPL manager, 'Well, so what if you said you were going to win the Premier League and the European Champions League in your first season, and you did, what about the League Cup?'

Oooooooooh, I might have another one....http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/absolutely-ridiculous-joe-hockey-denies-australia-is-dirtiest-greenhouse-gas-emitter-in-oecd-20141014-115q9g.html

Yep, he's completely out of his depth isn't he?

If only he could stay on a bit longer in blighty, the BBC hacks would be salivating at the thought!

Imagine letting Paxman loose on him!

Paxman: So, Mr Abbott, you said you would 'stop the boats' as soon as you became PM?

Abbott: That's right.

Paxman: And you said you would repeal the carbon tax too?

Abbott: That's right.

Paxman: Aren't you embarrassed?

Abbott: Why?

Paxman: You are giving politicians a bad name. I don't know how you do things in Australia, but in the UK, politicans NEVER keep their promises.

Abbott: Well, I was born in the UK, so I could take over from Dave or Boris, but I am planning to be PM of Australia for another two terms at least.

Saying that Tony Abbott has no policies after he promised to stop the boats and repeal the carbon tax, is like saying to a new EPL manager, 'Well, so what if you said you were going to win the Premier League and the European Champions League in your first season, and you did, what about the League Cup?'

Abbott and his trusted henchman Morrison where in no small part responsible for boat continued arrivals. (for those that see it that way) Having neglected possible alternative solutions out of supposed human rights concerns for the asylum seekers. Only to introduce worse on their watch.Despicable pair of tools the both of them. Opportunists and untrustworthy from which ever angle looked at.

Edited by flag of convenience

Paxman: So Mr.......(looks at manuscript)....Abottt, you are Prime Minister of.......(looks at manuscript)......Australia?

ABBottt: ummm. ah..yes Jeremy....that's ah..correct

Paxman: YESSSSSSSSS....And you were elected on a promise of 'no cuts to health, education, pensions and the national broadaster, the ABC', yes?

AboooT: ah..Jeremy...ah, umm, that's not, er, strictly...untrue, yes you are right, ah, Jeremy, I did break all those promises

Paxman: And you were also elected on the basis of a 3 word slogan which promised to subject asylum seekers exercising a legal right to asylum to the most cruel and unusual punishment, going so far as to risk breaking international law, and ordering protection staff to call them 'illegal'...even though they have committed no crime and therefore cannot be charged with any crime.....

ABBBOt: ah...Jeremy, mate, its like this, ah...I'd like to go back to...

Paxman: YEESSSSSS

I saw Tony interviewed tonight on the subject of Putin and he seemed sound enough to me.

'This was an atrocity NOT a tragedy, a number of Australian citizens were killed, and the plane was brought down by Russian backed forces, using Russian arms.'

Now, why would anybody find that contemptible, laughable, or wrong? (Unless you like Putin of course.)

Abbott and his trusted henchman Morrison where in no small part responsible for boat continued arrivals. (for those that see it that way) Having neglected possible alternative solutions out of supposed human rights concerns for the asylum seekers. Only to introduce worse on their watch.Despicable pair of tools the both of them. Opportunists and untrustworthy from which ever angle looked at.

I just LOVE the way you describe them. I could not put it better myself! Thank you so much. I shall think of this when I come to vote in the next election! (Pity I can't vote now too.)

How awful it must be to live in a country with so much to whinge about! No wonder 'they' call 'us' 'Whingeing Poms!'

How do you know when another plane-load of Poms has arrived at Sydney airport?

You can still hear a whine, after the engines have been turned off.

For someone who hates whingers, you don't half whinge yerself!

He is still angry about Putin's lack of help regarding the investigation into the shooting down of the MAS jet over Ukraine, (though you would not expect Putin to help considering it was Russian backed forces armed with Russian arms who shot it down.)

Incidentally, the Labor Opposition supports Tony Abbott's stance.