Abbot govmint Gaffe Watch

Harpodom

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Putin will be literally $hitting himself at the prospect of being 'shirtfronted' by Captain Australia at the G20. What DOES it mean? Is it the opposite of being 'shirtlifted'?

Abbot's increasingly desperate attempts at ingratiating himself with the bogan battler true blue vote ('Team Australia', everything being described as 'unAustralian' or 'not barracking for the home side') and now this unfathomable claptrap, suggests to me that he may be suffering from some sort of acquired brain injury. From his boxing days perhaps?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/13/tony-abbott-says-he-will-shirtfront-vladimir-putin-over-downing-of-mh17

[h=1]Tony Abbott says he will ‘shirtfront’ Vladimir Putin over downing of MH17[/h]

Abbbott seems to be on a roll....I think he forgot he needs to STFU: let the rest of his cabinet do the gaffes and make him look statesmanlike by comparison.

Tony Abott, Prime Minister, Scotland's Quasi First Minister, Minister for Women, Captain Australia, Shock Jock Star Guest, Prominent Coal Rights Activist and 'Shirtfronter'...........5 points

Joe Hockey, Treasurer and Minister of Aesthetic Beauty and Official Arbiter of What a University is Allowed to Invest in.........2 points

Christopher Pyne, Education Minister and Vice Chancellor of the University of Hard Knocks.........1 point

Ian Macfarlane, Industry Minister and amateur horticulturalist..........1 point

Ewan Jones, Fat Cat and Minister of Tough Love......nul points

Tony Abbott wasn't talking to Putin, he was talking to Australians about Putin.

A shirt front is like a hip and shoulder bump, where you bump someone aggressively to the front of the body, where they haven't seen it coming.

Ah of course, a true statesmanlike move. That will make Australia look such a civilised country when Abbott "aggressively shoulder bumps" Putin to the front of his body!! :biglaugh:

You couldn't make it up sometimes.....

Its lucky Hitler isn't alive.

No doubt you would all take his side against Tony Abbott too.

So far I have seen you all criticise Tony Abbott for taking a stand against ISIS and now Putin.

I suppose its lucky Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and others aren't around any more.

I don't think we are criticising him for taking a stand against Putin, just for HOW he is planning to do it! For goodness sake, the man is a total embarrassment

And to be fair, I think Abbbot and Hitler would probably be great pals, they have so much in common

That I a vile offensive thing to say.

How dare you compare Tony Abbott to a man who organised the murder of millions of Jews.

You really disgust me sometimes with what you come out with.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

your right, one of them was a politician with the power and finesse to convince the electorate that invading countries and having a race of people lower than them was the 'norm'

have you known a politician since with such a golden tongue and such power?

most of the nazi party thought they were the good guys.

in comparison our tony probably needs help to tie his own laces. jesus, the bloke needs a war to get a budget through!

please don't confuse this and think i like hitler, i'm just open minded enough to know he must have been a great politician, to do what he did.

Instilling fear in the public (to distract them from a vile, nasty offensive budget), threatening the media if they step out of line, introducing custodial sentences for journalists who report on ANY security operation EVER, demonising a group of voiceless defenceless people whilst sticking up the rights of a *mineral*, trying (unsuccessfully) to unlock world heritage protected forest for logging, saying people have a right to be bigots, criticising a university for divesting in mining, saying wind farms are 'utterly offensive', poor people don't drive cars and that scientists are precious petals who should just STFU.

Does the above sound like the 'adults are in charge'? Or does it sound like they ran out of actual ideas?

Ah of course, a true statesmanlike move. That will make Australia look such a civilised country when Abbott "aggressively shoulder bumps" Putin to the front of his body!! :biglaugh:

You couldn't make it up sometimes.....

And Putin reacts with a judo move in which we witness Abbott sprawled out on the deck on his back. All rather embarrassing.

Edited by flag of convenience

And Putin reacts with a judo move in which we witness sprawled out on the deck on his back. All rather embarrassing.

This 'shirtfronting' business comes across like the playground bully trying to look tough in front of his mates, all rather pathetic really and hopefully people will see through these goonish antics

Instilling fear in the public (to distract them from a vile, nasty offensive budget), threatening the media if they step out of line, introducing custodial sentences for journalists who report on ANY security operation EVER, demonising a group of voiceless defenceless people whilst sticking up the rights of a *mineral*, trying (unsuccessfully) to unlock world heritage protected forest for logging, saying people have a right to be bigots, criticising a university for divesting in mining, saying wind farms are 'utterly offensive', poor people don't drive cars and that scientists are precious petals who should just STFU.

Does the above sound like the 'adults are in charge'? Or does it sound like they ran out of actual ideas?

Clueless government. Not burdened by ideas at least. Rather predictable moves. Lousy chess players. Akin to an out of control Billy Cart without breaks on a steep decline clueless how to correct let alone stop. All very sad though.

This 'shirtfronting' business comes across like the playground bully trying to look tough in front of his mates, all rather pathetic really and hopefully people will see through these goonish antics

A quick flick by Putin would I expect remove Abbott's bravado for a few minutes at least. It is sad as it is pitiful. I'm afraid the decent of this country with be long and hard.

I'm sure Putin will be literally $hitting himself at the prospect of being 'shirtfronted' by Captain Australia at the G20. What DOES it mean? Is it the opposite of being 'shirtlifted'?

Abbot's increasingly desperate attempts at ingratiating himself with the bogan battler true blue vote ('Team Australia', everything being described as 'unAustralian' or 'not barracking for the home side') and now this unfathomable claptrap, suggests to me that he may be suffering from some sort of acquired brain injury. From his boxing days perhaps?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/13/tony-abbott-says-he-will-shirtfront-vladimir-putin-over-downing-of-mh17

Tony Abbott says he will ‘shirtfront’ Vladimir Putin over downing of MH17

Well our Tone would describe himself as 'man's man.'