Abbot govmint Gaffe Watch

Harpodom

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people are angry but that's not what you do when your a politician! That's what you do on a playground. So did he actually say that? Not sure if I find that funny or just mad

You are of course quite correct. Sadly we can only despair at the quality of politicians we have been lumbered with in this country together with the type of vote they hope to win over. Demure to the Indonesian and fake pretence at wanting to take the gloves to Putin. Who would be more than capable of expect of laying Tone out for the count in one round.

You have to look at who he is aiming it at. Bogan Australia his appeared fan base outside of the welded on Tories can associate with such talk.

I think even Abbot has overestimated how many bogans there are in Aus. I can't imagine the most bogan of bogans sending a message to someone they were going to have a few words with. He would have been a lot better to save his tough talk for when he actually meets Putin. He's going to look like a right plonker now whether he "shirt fronts" him or not. The press will be queuing up for the photo.:laugh:

It wouldn't be so free (at least for the '3 wise monkeys') if YOU had your way though, would it parley?

BTW, who are the '3 wise monkeys'? Am I one of them? I've always wanted to be a wise monkey!

Yeah, it's a good job for you that Australia hasn't got any camps in which it can illegally lock people up.

Oh, wait, hang on.....:chatterbox:

I think even Abbot has overestimated how many bogans there are in Aus. I can't imagine the most bogan of bogans sending a message to someone they were going to have a few words with. He would have been a lot better to save his tough talk for when he actually meets Putin. He's going to look like a right plonker now whether he "shirt fronts" him or not. The press will be queuing up for the photo.:laugh:

Nah Bogans love the tough talk from the clobbering cobber. Of course his actual dialogue with Putin will be somewhat different. Recall what he said about Obama before meeting him.

I'm surprised there wasn't a bit of square go at the referendum then lol salmond and darling in the wrestling ring :laugh:

You Scots had your chance to rumble in the jungle of an independent Scotland but blew it didn't you? What might have been. Could have been Rangers and the other lot.....it'll come to me....no sorry....slugging it out in parliament in the mother of all in house slug outs.

You are of course quite correct. Sadly we can only despair at the quality of politicians we have been lumbered with in this country together with the type of vote they hope to win over. Demure to the Indonesian and fake pretence at wanting to take the gloves to Putin. Who would be more than capable of expect of laying Tone out for the count in one round.

I don't know if judo expert cancels out boxing blue from uni, but both men are 'alpha males'. Why you prefer Putin, though, I don't know?

Paxman: sorry about that little misunderstanding Mr Lockey, now where were we?

Hockey: Oi! I'll fukken break yer fukken arm, it's HOCKEY! I'm the the fukken treasurer of Straya!

Paxman: Oh right! Sorry! I thought you were some sort of trade union official, you certainly come across like a tradesman...

Abbott and his trusted henchman Morrison where in no small part responsible for boat continued arrivals. (for those that see it that way) Having neglected possible alternative solutions out of supposed human rights concerns for the asylum seekers. Only to introduce worse on their watch.Despicable pair of tools the both of them. Opportunists and untrustworthy from which ever angle looked at.

Has that monsoon season finished yet? I thought the 'deluge' was going to start up again? Or perhaps Tony grovelled long enough and hard enough for Indonesia to start cooperating with Australia to stop the boats?

Paxman: So...er, Mr Hockey, I gather from what I think you just said that you are the treasurer in the Australian government?

Hockey: Yeah mate, I'm fukken treasurer, what the fukk are you gonna do about it?

Paxman: Weeeeell, our researcher tells me that you've been rather gaffe prone of late. For example, you've insinuated that...(shuffling of paper)....'poor people don't drive cars'

Hockey: The WORDS mate, I'm sorry 'bout the fukken WORDS

Paxman: Yeeeeees, so you're sorry that your words were so ill conceived that you managed to cause great a great deal of offense to a huge swathe of your electorate?

Hockey: $hit yeah!

Paxman: But what about the sentiment Mr Hockey? Do you still believe poor people don't drive cars?

Hockey: Look mate, I don't know where your goin with this but I thought I was here to discuss how brillyant the Strayan economy is!

Paxman: YEEEEEEEES, well. It's not so 'brillyant', since you became treasurer, is it? Our researcher tells me that manufacturing is in terminal decline and the one possible area of manufacturing growth, that of the renewable energy sector, has been dealt a blow by the fact that your government is trying to tamper with the renewable energy target AND you yourself have described windfarms as.....(shuffling of paper)....'utterly offensive'?

Hockey: Thats total bull$hit mate, none of thats fukken true!

Paxman: sorry about that little misunderstanding Mr Lockey, now where were we?

Hockey: Oi! I'll fukken break yer fukken arm, it's HOCKEY! I'm the the fukken treasurer of Straya!

Paxman: Oh right! Sorry! I thought you were some sort of trade union official, you certainly come across like a tradesman...

Nothing wrong with being a tradie, but Joe Hockey is a private school educated lawyer and government minister married to an top investment banker, and probably from a similar background to Paxman.

Has that monsoon season finished yet? I thought the 'deluge' was going to start up again? Or perhaps Tony grovelled long enough and hard enough for Indonesia to start cooperating with Australia to stop the boats?

Bribed them no doubt like the billions that went to PNG and Nauru. Amazing how a spot of torture and ill treatment of the illegal kind can impact even on desperate people.

Bribed them no doubt like the billions that went to PNG and Nauru. Amazing how a spot of torture and ill treatment of the illegal kind can impact even on desperate people.

That's the way! The nastier we make it for illegals, the less they will want to come in through the 'back door' and the easier it will be for the official refugees to get in. Nobody likes queue jumpers, no matter how good their excuses sound.

Listening to how much you seem to hate Australia, it's surprising that you have not turned off more than a few of our PIO prospective 'new chums' from coming to OZ, unless of course they have had a gutful of the same thing in the UK? Perhaps that is why UKIP is gaining so much support from the two major Pommie parties?

That's the way! The nastier we make it for illegals, the less they will want to come in through the 'back door' and the easier it will be for the official refugees to get in. Nobody likes queue jumpers, no matter how good their excuses sound.

AS well you know you naughty man, there are no such things as queues nor illegals claiming asylum.

Listening to how much you seem to hate Australia, it's surprising that you have not turned off more than a few of our PIO prospective 'new chums' from coming to OZ, unless of course they have had a gutful of the same thing in the UK? Perhaps that is why UKIP is gaining so much support from the two major Pommie parties?

I'm speaking forever as the real patriot not thinking how some shock jock or right wing government or journal directs me. After all not Soviet Union, much as you right wingers would love it to be. Freedom of expression being an important part that enables clear thinking to critique bad policy and government.

Not a case of My country, Right or Wrong, I'm afraid. Indeed a real patriot.