Abbot govmint Gaffe Watch

Harpodom

I've been reading the posts on this thread and a few, very few are quite amusing. However the purpose of the thread is to knock Tony at all and every opportunity.

What do you want for christ sake? Rudd/Gilard/Rudd back again or heaven forbid that muppet Shorten running the show. Tony is doing the best he can with what he's got to work with or, what was left for him to work with.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These 'Liebs' don't like it up em do they?

Julie Bishop lashes ABC over 7.30 shirtfront skit

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/julie-bishop-lashes-abc-over-730-shirtfront-skit-20141116-11nnb8.html#ixzz3JGuAQRmi

Isn't the ABC supposed to be neutral, at least in its supposedly 'serious' news programmes? It wasn't even funny anyway.

I've been reading the posts on this thread and a few, very few are quite amusing. However the purpose of the thread is to knock Tony at all and every opportunity.

What do you want for christ sake? Rudd/Gilard/Rudd back again or heaven forbid that muppet Shorten running the show. Tony is doing the best he can with what he's got to work with or, what was left for him to work with.

I was just thinking about the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd governments last night. I'd ask anyone to try to be objective about it. Look at Australia's political history and that of similar countries. How many times has the ruling party rid itself of their leader, whilst in government, supposedly because of his incompetence, then realized his replacement was even worse, so got rid of her too, and replaced her with the original leader, all to no avail. Talk about 'gaffes!'

And then look at some of the truly awful things that Krudd and Juliar actually did, Pink Batts, Craig Thompson, Peter Slipper, etc., and Tony Abbott's supposed gaffes are miniscule. It's like comparing someone getting a parking ticket to The Great Train Robbery!

The ABC have really gone downhill.

Bring back Kerry O'Brien.

I don't know about that! I love listening to 702, especially in the arvos, and to JJJ, and RN. I prefer 702 to 2GB, to be honest, but I don't like the ABC's anti-Liberal stance. It still 'irks' me that they kept calling that climate change group who went to Antarctica to prove that the ice was melting and then their ship got stuck in the ice, a 'tour party.'

Newsradio is OK too, a bit like 'Five Live', without the football. Talking about 'Five Live', I might tune into Radio 4 on line later and try and get back into 'The Archers'. I had a mate in England who listened to it, and I thought I'd give it a go, and was instantly hooked.

If you haven't listened to the Archers for a while, you may notice a few changes - new editor (ex Eastenders and Footballers Wives I think) that isn't to everyone's liking :wink:

....Why should we be ashamed of what Australia has become? I'm certainly not ashamed, nor do I bear any ill will towards the various peoples who invaded and conquered Britain. Perhaps you think we should demolish and destroy all evidence of Roman and Norman Britain?

Just as a point of order, I think it comes down to whether the "invading" peoples have actually conquered the "sitting tenants" when they arrive or not. For instance, in New Zealand the Europeans actually had some sort of battle with the Maoris, hence they don't have to (not saying they shouldn't, but don't have to) acknowledge the "original owners of the land" in the same way that we should in Australia, as the settlers here just moved in and took over, without ever "winning" the land for themselves. The terms in inverted commas are probably not the correct ones I should use, but this is the gist of how it was explained to me. Similarly I think the Romans fought a bit of a war (wasn't it with Boudicca and her tribes?) for ancient Britain - so they "won" the right to live there rather than just taking it.

A comment I read yesterday probably sums it up well also "Respect is the key. The lack of respect shown by politicians driving a right-wing agenda is going to lead to more and more conflict. How insane to dismiss marginalised people and make them feel inferior. "

The British did fight various battles against the Aborigines. Not that that makes any difference. Hitler did not have to fight when he took control of Czechslovakia and Austria but he did when he invaded Poland.

Boudicca led a rebellion long after the Romans had invaded Britain and the Romans did have to fight to gain control just as the Normans did. Not that it makes any difference to the people who are conquered.

I hadn't realized that the Abbott Govt has changed the general policy towards Aborigines?

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse and there couldn't possibly be another gaffe...Christopher Pyne has started a petition to save ABC jobs in his own electorate.... cuts to the ABC forced by the cabinet of which he is a member. :wacko:

The hypocrisy and self interest is breathtaking.

https://www.change.org/p/chairman-james-spigelman-ac-qc-and-the-board-of-the-australian-broadcasting-corporation-abc-the-abc-must-not-close-its-production-house-in-adelaide

Worth signing it just to give Whining Pyne a serve....as many have already done. :laugh:

I heard Pauline Hanson is making a comeback.. perhaps its to net those disillusioned Lib right wingers at the next election.. perhaps its a sign of the inevitable downward slide...

"Please explain...."

Hopefully she'll split the right wing bogan vote and draw the numbers away from the Lying Nasty Party

Most if not all MP's have responsibilities to their own electorates, which at times must clash with their ministerial responsibliities, when they are in government? And if the ABC has a facility and workers in his electorate, maybe some of them lobbied him?

Any one of us could write to our MP with a problem, which might be caused by government policy. Tania is my MP and she is in opposition at the moment. Naybe she is lobbying the government to close the ABC in Adelaide, so that more jobs are safe in Ultimo, which is probably also in her electorate.

I don't know why the ABC is so sacrosanct, that is must never be the subject of any cuts? The ATO, my employer, has also been the subject of cuts, as the government tries to balance the budget.

Those three independents who kept Julia Gillard in power certainly lobbied for benefits for their electorates as the price for voting with her?

Most if not all MP's have responsibilities to their own electorates, which at times must clash with their ministerial responsibliities, when they are in government? And if the ABC has a facility and workers in his electorate, maybe some of them lobbied him?

Any one of us could write to our MP with a problem, which might be caused by government policy. Tania is my MP and she is in opposition at the moment. Naybe she is lobbying the government to close the ABC in Adelaide, so that more jobs are safe in Ultimo, which is probably also in her electorate.

I don't know why the ABC is so sacrosanct, that is must never be the subject of any cuts? The ATO, my employer, has also been the subject of cuts, as the government tries to balance the budget.

Those three independents who kept Julia Gillard in power certainly lobbied for benefits for their electorates as the price for voting with her?

It must get tiring pushing that turd uphill all the time!

I know its an old gaffe, but this one simply won't go away, so lets take some time to bask in the glory of the gaffe that will prove to be Abots undoing:

Tony Abbott dogged by interview with SBS' Anton Enus about ABC cuts on eve of election

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/tony-abbott-dogged-by-interview-with-sbs-anton-enus-about-abc-cuts-on-eve-of-election-20141120-11qc97.html#ixzz3JaPDvYJY

Archived