Abbot govmint Gaffe Watch

Harpodom

I have asked you what was the landscape if not bush ?

If the Russians (or Indonesians) invaded would you write Sydney off as 'just glass, concrete And Tarmac?'

Of course you wouldn't. To do so would be grossly dismissive of the humanity that inhabits that environment.

Abbott's comments are evidence of a dismissive mindset that regards Australia's history as only beginning in 1788.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is factually right in what he said.

Even if the Aborigines were there for 40000 years, the landscape was still bush.

You can't really get away from the fact that white settlement was the defining moment in our history either, given for 40000 years before nothing really changed at all.

He is factually right in what he said.

Even if the Aborigines were there for 40000 years, the landscape was still bush.

You can't really get away from the fact that white settlement was the defining moment in our history either, given for 40000 years before nothing really changed at all.

Have you ever been on a cultural awareness course? i can recommend a good one for you. I think you - and Abbott - really need to engage brain before opening mouth sometimes.

Face facts parley, the man is a blithering incompetent. I hear that Cameron showed him up in Canberra today.

I guess this highlights what's wrong with the Australian democratic system.

We enforce the vote, meaning the unwashed masses with no interest in politics read the paper believe it and vote in this embarrassing buffoon to speak for us all.

Legal rigging of elections, pretty clever really.

That is not a fact. (do you know what a fact is ?)

Certainly doing a lot better job than his 2 predecessors.

Do you agree with that fact ?

No, because its not a fact, its your opinion.

Any objective observer would conclude that Abbot is a blithering incompetent, FACT.

We enforce the vote, meaning the unwashed masses with no interest in politics read the paper believe it and vote in this embarrassing buffoon to speak for us all.

All it takes is a few 3 word slogans repeated ad nauseam, and a compliant media, and voila!

Face facts parley, the man is a blithering incompetent. I hear that Cameron showed him up in Canberra today.

I'm actually liking Cameron more and more. Not just for showing Abbott up but his independent spirited recent visit to Sri Lanka where I take it he rather peed off the Colombo regime in insisting on visiting the Tamil region.

I blame the education system. Doesn't promote the notion of thinking for one self enough ....Thank goodness we at least have a Senate.

That is not a fact. (do you know what a fact is ?)

Certainly doing a lot better job than his 2 predecessors.

Do you agree with that fact ?

Far removed from factual. At least the others had consideration for the 'ordinary' people within policy formation. Far from perfect but compared to this lot who have nothing but disdain for ordinary people including the young, they were not so bad. Waiting for the "Come back Julia all is forgiven " call. I guess the floggings will need to be more sustained and increasing more brutal for the slumbering apathetic masses are crudely fully woken to the game being played out at their expense.

Showed him up? He made a (very good) joke about being 'shirtfronted' by Julie Bishop, or was there something else?

We can't do anything to redress the wrongs of having 'invaded' Australia in 1788, although you are welcome to wear your hair shirts and self-flagellate yourself into a hypocritical rage. Australia is what it is today because of the 'invaders', as are the US, Canada, New Zealand, and every country in South and Central America.

Why should we be ashamed of what Australia has become? I'm certainly not ashamed, nor do I bear any ill will towards the various peoples who invaded and conquered Britain. Perhaps you think we should demolish and destroy all evidence of Roman and Norman Britain?

[/b]

Seriously Parley?

An Indigenous people with a history and a culture which stretches back 40,000 years. So probably 39, 970 or so years before you arrived here. The first Australians.

But apparently they're invisible to you and Tones?

And you cry 'racism' when someone has the temerity to take the piss out of your adopted country. FFS :no:

And what about the history of the indigenous people of Britain, ie before the Roman Invasion? Why are we ignoring their plight, their history? As a descendant of the Norman invaders I feel at least the same measure of guilt for what they have gone through, as I do for the indigenous people of Australia.

And what about the history of the indigenous people of Britain, ie before the Roman Invasion? Why are we ignoring their plight, their history? As a descendant of the Norman invaders I feel at least the same measure of guilt for what they have gone through, as I do for the indigenous people of Australia.

You'd have a point if Cameron told his French and Italian counterparts, "to be honest, this place was an empty ****-tip before you guys launched your invasions...."