Abbot govmint Gaffe Watch

Harpodom

Ah of course, a true statesmanlike move. That will make Australia look such a civilised country when Abbott "aggressively shoulder bumps" Putin to the front of his body!! :biglaugh:

You couldn't make it up sometimes.....

I love the idea of Abbott trying this and Putin putting him in a headlock and repeatedly shouting "Who's the daddy, who's the daddy?!!"

On the floor of the U.N. :smile:

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should not get so worked up Parley! From the moment that Tony Abbott was elected as leader, the left underestimated him, abused him, laughed at him, wrote letters to the Fairfax Press mocking him, scoffing at the possibility of him becoming PM, just as they did before John Howard became PM and how long did he reign?

Those people on here who criticise Tony Abbott for standing up to 'Stalin lite' are the same ones who lauded Chamberlain and despised Churchill.

This 'shirtfronting' business comes across like the playground bully trying to look tough in front of his mates, all rather pathetic really and hopefully people will see through these goonish antics

Hmmm, I can think of a few who won't! :wink:

You should not get so worked up Parley! From the moment that Tony Abbott was elected as leader, the left underestimated him, abused him, laughed at him, wrote letters to the Fairfax Press mocking him, scoffing at the possibility of him becoming PM, just as they did before John Howard became PM and how long did he reign?

Those people on here who criticise Tony Abbott for standing up to 'Stalin lite' are the same ones who lauded Chamberlain and despised Churchill.

They will be making him wear a crown of thorns and crucifying him next! Poor, put upon Tony!

This tony abbott thing..... it's diverting in itself.

yes the man is a buffoon, im sure this is a deliberate move, so everyone has a target.

the point is a damn robot with no name could be in charge.

what i have a problem with is THE POLICIES not the man!

I think it's important to seperate the two, other than a couple of sound-bites, everything that has been recently done to harm this beautiful (and it is beautiful) country has been done by THIS GOVERNMENT not the clown hanging out of the sunroof waving.

I will try in future to focus more clearly, I don't want to give the wrong impression that this is one guy.

"they wrote letters to the fairfax press mocking him" the uneducated probably wrote to the murdoch press too lol

oh and as for the shirtfronting, hopefully it's away from the media and I can get tickets. I wouldn't pay much for them though, I wouldn't want to be disappointed.

yes the man is a buffoon, im sure this is a deliberate move, so everyone has a target.

I think it's important to seperate the two, other than a couple of sound-bites, everything that has been recently done to harm this beautiful (and it is beautiful) country has been done by THIS GOVERNMENT not the clown hanging out of the sunroof waving.

I will try in future to focus more clearly, I don't want to give the wrong impression that this is one guy.

"they wrote letters to the fairfax press mocking him" the uneducated probably wrote to the murdoch press too lol

oh and as for the shirtfronting, hopefully it's away from the media and I can get tickets. I wouldn't pay much for them though, I wouldn't want to be disappointed.

You are quite right. The 'uneducated' i.e. Liberal voters, DO write letters to the most popular papers in Australia, just as they also listen to, and call up, the top-rating radio announcers like Alan Jones and Ray Hadley.

I can't really believe that you are naive enough to think they write letters and call up Alan and Ray to tell them how much they hate Tony Abbott?

Yes but if we accept your view (which I mostly agree with) that Abbot and his cabal of gaffe-bots are simply mouthpieces, then what (or who) is driving all this anti environment/anti climate change/anti press freedom/anti civil rights/anti human rights/pro mining/pro bigotry divisive agenda??!

Answers on a post card please

The 3 wise monkeys are very lucky though to live hear.

If they carried on so vindictively in Russia or Iraq or many other countries they would be very sorry indeed.

They are lucky Australia is such a great free country.

I think there may be one 'independent' national newspaper left in Russia, now that Putin has either closed them down or murdered the journalists.

I noticed that the ALP Opposition has been supportive of Tony Abbott's 'shirtfronting' because they share his frustration at lack of cooperation from Putin over the investigation into the MAS plane, which, remember, was shot down by Russian backed rebels, using Russian supplied (and probably operated) arms.

Of course, the left has hated Tony Abbott even more for standing up to Russia ever since that atrocity.

Yes but if we accept your view (which I mostly agree with) that Abbot and his cabal of gaffe-bots are simply mouthpieces, then what (or who) is driving all this anti environment/anti climate change/anti press freedom/anti civil rights/anti human rights/pro mining/pro bigotry divisive agenda??!

My guess would be lobbyists.

This isn't such a strange thing, most higher government panels in the US require large amounts of cash to even sit at the table, why should things be so different here?

For a capitalist country, letting those who are successful in business effectively run the country can only be a good thing.

It starts to unravel somewhat when the same people are rowing against the tide, as in Australia.

This might not fit on a post card but I'm sure you already know all about it? Incidentally, wasn't Tony Abbott taught by Jesuits? Perhaps not?

Question: "What is the Illuminati conspiracy?"

Answer: The Illuminati conspiracy is a conspiracy theory which holds that there is a "global elite" society that is either in control of the world or is seeking to take control of the world. As with most conspiracy theories, beliefs regarding the Illuminati conspiracy vary widely. As a result, it is virtually impossible to give a synopsis of the Illuminati conspiracy. Popularized in recent books and movies, the Illuminati conspiracy has definitely reached "cult fiction" status.

If one were to attempt to summarize the Illuminati conspiracy, it would go something like this: The Illuminati began as a secret society under the direction of Jesuit priests. Later, a council of five men, one for each of the points on the pentagram, formed what was called “The Ancient and Illuminated Seers of Bavaria.” They were high order Luciferian Freemasons, thoroughly immersed in mysticism and Eastern mental disciplines, seeking to develop the super powers of the mind. Their alleged plan and purpose is world domination for their lord (who precisely this lord is varies widely). The Illuminati are alleged to be the primary motivational forces encouraging global governance, a one-world religious ethic, and centralized control of the world’s economic systems. Organizations such as the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and the International Criminal Court are seen as tentacles of the Illuminati. According to the Illuminati conspiracy, the Illuminati are the driving force behind efforts to brainwash the gullible masses through thought control and manipulation of beliefs, through the press, the educational curriculum, and the political leadership of the nations.

The Illuminati supposedly have a private board of elite, interlocking delegates who control the world’s major banks. They create inflations, recessions, and depressions and manipulate the world markets, supporting certain leaders and coups and undermining others to achieve their overall goals. The supposed goal behind the Illuminati conspiracy is to create and then manage crises that will eventually convince the masses that globalism, with its centralized economic control and one-world religious ethic, is the necessary solution to the world’s woes. This structure, usually known as the “New World Order,” will, of course, be ruled by the Illuminati.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/illuminati-conspiracy.html#ixzz3G5GqaEFs

My guess would be lobbyists.

This isn't such a strange thing, most higher government panels in the US require large amounts of cash to even sit at the table, why should things be so different here?

For a capitalist country, letting those who are successful in business effectively run the country can only be a good thing.

It starts to unravel somewhat when the same people are rowing against the tide, as in Australia.

The lobbyist excuse only goes so far IMO. What about the effect of Uncle Rupe? Remember how Abottt famously ran the idea of the PPL past him before consulting with his own colleagues? And isn't it strange how Smokin Joe's aversion to wind farms seems to mirror exactly the thoughts of Uncle Rupe?

At some point though, political leaders have to show some actual leadership.

I suppose you could say they've done that with asylum seekers, though it saddens me that the only form of leadership they have shown is to be so extreme and so cruel to asylum seekers that they see no option but to give up.

That's not leadership in my book, that's a grossly unfair form of short termism, deflecting the human misery elsewhere, while hiding the ongoing misery of the offshore prisons as if they don't exist, as if the people themselves no longer exist. The irony of doing that while sticking up for the human rights of coal is both hilarious and grotesque.

It will come back and bite Australia on the arse.

Where is the vision? What does this govt offer for the future of my children and grandchildren?

Ah of course, a true statesmanlike move. That will make Australia look such a civilised country when Abbott "aggressively shoulder bumps" Putin to the front of his body!! :biglaugh:

You couldn't make it up sometimes.....

You really don't understand Australians do you? How long have you been here?

Underestimated his ability in it being more lacking than first suspected. Those of the liberal persuasion, probably leftists to you, would continue to laugh and definitely abuse his antics, if it wasn't so dire on the impact on the nation. Time for a few more slogans, Tone, with the battlers and those doing it tough in mind.

I'm sure Putin will be literally $hitting himself at the prospect of being 'shirtfronted' by Captain Australia at the G20. What DOES it mean? Is it the opposite of being 'shirtlifted'?

Abbot's increasingly desperate attempts at ingratiating himself with the bogan battler true blue vote ('Team Australia', everything being described as 'unAustralian' or 'not barracking for the home side') and now this unfathomable claptrap, suggests to me that he may be suffering from some sort of acquired brain injury. From his boxing days perhaps?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/13/tony-abbott-says-he-will-shirtfront-vladimir-putin-over-downing-of-mh17

Tony Abbott says he will ‘shirtfront’ Vladimir Putin over downing of MH17

'I think she's got it. By George, she's got it!'

Team Australia backed by the Fairfax Press and 2GB is a guaranteed winner. I told you to listen to Alan, Ray, et al, and it sounds like you've finally taken my advice!