Without me going through many threads, what are people meaning by the 'front loading' of documents?

I've put in an EOI and had an invite this morning so been through the application and expected at some point to have to upload documents I've been collecting over the last few months. When I got to the end I could submit and pay a small fortune but wanted to hold off to check everything over again and see exactly what I'd be doing after paying the fee.

The only document I am waiting on is my UK Police Certificate as only sent that off when I had my IELTS results back. I also haven't had medicals. Just wondering what exactly comes next when I pay the fee as from the last few posts it seems the PCC and medical can wait until after. I have passports, marriage cert, drivers licence, IELTS, skills assessment, Oz Police Cert all pdf'd, plus even got references from previous UK jobs.

Just seemed to be far too easy to get to the submit stage (even though its months in the making) and still wonder what happens next? :elvis:

Edited by mikeyd

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, the front loading usually refers to the submitting of the police checks and medicals prior to being asked for them. Looking at other threads, if all these are completed in advance then some have had instant decisions when being allocated a case officer. No guarantees obviously, and your entry into Australia must be within one year of police checks/ medicals dependant on which runs out soonest. Also, if you get a refusal then you've spent a lot more than you needed to. We front loaded our meds/police checks.. In for a penny as they say... Hope this helps.. :)

Hi, firstly good luck to everybody waiting for a response from immi, i hope you don't have to wait to long. Secondly, I am not yet ready to apply to immi as I have only just sent off my skill assessment but I have started to fill in forms and gather evidence to try and be ready when my skill assessment is complete. Looking through the forms, it asks that anybody over the age of 18 included in the visa needs to prove functional English. Can anybody advise on what info they submitted? My husband does not have any paperwork relating to his secondary education. I also wanted to seek advise on whether or not to get cracking with medicals and police checks before we apply for visa or wait until we have been invited?

Any advise appreciated, Cheers.

Hi, from what I have read, (though don't take this definitive) it's dependant on which country you are from. If your British, Canadian, USA I don't think you're required to prove it. Though if you do, for whatever reason, then IELTS is the English testing route.

With regards to the meds etc, I wouldn't do them until after submitting your visa application (after receiving your EOI invitation). The meds and police checks are only valid for a year.. Hope this helps..

Hi, firstly good luck to everybody waiting for a response from immi, i hope you don't have to wait to long. Secondly, I am not yet ready to apply to immi as I have only just sent off my skill assessment but I have started to fill in forms and gather evidence to try and be ready when my skill assessment is complete. Looking through the forms, it asks that anybody over the age of 18 included in the visa needs to prove functional English. Can anybody advise on what info they submitted? My husband does not have any paperwork relating to his secondary education. I also wanted to seek advise on whether or not to get cracking with medicals and police checks before we apply for visa or wait until we have been invited?

Any advise appreciated, Cheers.

Hi, I did complete IELTS test, even though I am English and was educated here. This is because I wanted to get points for superior english which you can get if you score a minimum of 8 in each of the sections of the test. So don't bother is you are form and educated in an english speaking country unless you need the points - it costs about £145 each time you take it.

For medical checks and so on, I applied for police check when before I submitted my EOI, but waited for invite before doing my medical. The are only valid for a year.

Good luck

Hi guys, does anyone know how long it should take for the medical information to appear on your immi account? The medical centre we used in Edinburgh sent the details to the immigration dept on the 4th August, is it normally a couple of weeks? Also the listing of information has changed positions slightly......... I think we check too much!! ;-)

Rich

Hi guys, does anyone know how long it should take for the medical information to appear on your immi account? The medical centre we used in Edinburgh sent the details to the immigration dept on the 4th August, is it normally a couple of weeks? Also the listing of information has changed positions slightly......... I think we check too much!! ;-)

Rich

The medical centre we used took 2 weeks to upload our results, it might be worth giving them a call to check. Otherwise you can log in to the emedical account using your HAP ID and name to see if it's been uploaded yet.

The changes in the order of documents you have uploaded (is that what you mean?) doesn't mean anything as far as I can tell. This has happened to me on the same day as uploading it so it can't have anything to do with a Case Officer.

I got to know from my agent that even though they are processing Mar/Apr file at the moment, once they finish Apr there won't be much of backlog as state sponsored 190 category almost dried up by Apr. so fingers crossed and hopefully it will move at much faster rate in few weeks time.

anyone knows how to check if your Meds came positive; emedical site doesn't reveal results. Don't tell me that you need to wait for your CO.

Hey,

This is an interesting find, someone posted the link in the 190 visas lodged in July thread. It's a visa tracker where everyone can add their details and we can all see what's being granted when. It'd be great if everyone could add their details - there are separate tabs for 189s and other visas, make sure you're in the right spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Hi Guys!

New to this so bear with me... Paid our 189 Visa fee on 02/07/14 and have front loaded all the documents inc. police checks and had medicals on 14/017/14 although they are not showing on our Immi account as of yet? I read a thread earlier about checking the e-medical site using the HAP ID codes, so i will do that later when i get home from work. We haven't been allocated a case worker as of yet so we too are just playing the waiting game... Excited and nervous all at the same time! :cool:

Hi Guys!

New to this so bear with me... Paid our 189 Visa fee on 02/07/14 and have front loaded all the documents inc. police checks and had medicals on 14/017/14 although they are not showing on our Immi account as of yet? I read a thread earlier about checking the e-medical site using the HAP ID codes, so i will do that later when i get home from work. We haven't been allocated a case worker as of yet so we too are just playing the waiting game... Excited and nervous all at the same time! :cool:

I had nothing for ages other than the "organise your medical checks.." bit. Now, though, it has changed to say: "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection."

In my mind this either means they've got the medical and nothing further is needed, or, I didn't need the medical in the first place :P .. either way, I'm just waiting too :)

I had nothing for ages other than the "organise your medical checks.." bit. Now, though, it has changed to say: "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection."

In my mind this either means they've got the medical and nothing further is needed, or, I didn't need the medical in the first place :P .. either way, I'm just waiting too :)

Hello people!

I need help in choosing a visa company to go on a 189 visa to Perth Australia. I started the process in June with global visa and recently found out they've scammed be for £900, there we'll known for it I've recently discovered. So I'm looking to start again in the next week and any help would be great.

Shellyk666 I see your partners a joiner, I am too. Do you know what he had to do for the skilled assessment. A friend told me it's good to know before hand what you have to do before u get there but they change it from time to time.

Shellyk666 I see your partners a joiner, I am too. Do you know what he had to do for the skilled assessment. A friend told me it's good to know before hand what you have to do before u get there but they change it from time to time.

Hi JJ17

There are 2 parts to the Skill Assessment, the Training and Employment Check which is paper based documentary evidence, and either the practical assessment or a technical interview. There are Fact Sheets available on the Vetassess and Victoria Uni websites along with other information specific to joiners which you should read through. My advice is that they are not trying to catch you out, if you are a practising qualified joiner you should have no problems providing you are methodical with your evidence. The first stage is to familiarise yourself with the documentary evidence they require and gather all this together (such as CV, work references worded in a way that's acceptable for this purposes, accounts records, wage slips, NVQ certificates etc). If you have any specific questions feel free to send me a PM and I'll try and help.

Good luck

Shelly

Hi, We had our Visa granted this morning, Huge relief due to my daughter's circumstances, Good luck to everyone else waiting, Hope it's not too much longer for you all.

Lucky you! Hopefully everything would be alright to you and all who are waiting for visa granted.

Hi JJ17

There are 2 parts to the Skill Assessment, the Training and Employment Check which is paper based documentary evidence, and either the practical assessment or a technical interview. There are Fact Sheets available on the Vetassess and Victoria Uni websites along with other information specific to joiners which you should read through. My advice is that they are not trying to catch you out, if you are a practising qualified joiner you should have no problems providing you are methodical with your evidence. The first stage is to familiarise yourself with the documentary evidence they require and gather all this together (such as CV, work references worded in a way that's acceptable for this purposes, accounts records, wage slips, NVQ certificates etc). If you have any specific questions feel free to send me a PM and I'll try and help.

Good luck

Shelly

thanks!

Edited by hansu88

Hey,

This is an interesting find, someone posted the link in the 190 visas lodged in July thread. It's a visa tracker where everyone can add their details and we can all see what's being granted when. It'd be great if everyone could add their details - there are separate tabs for 189s and other visas, make sure you're in the right spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=0

great thanks for sharing.

Hi, We had our Visa granted this morning, Huge relief due to my daughter's circumstances, Good luck to everyone else waiting, Hope it's not too much longer for you all.

AWESOME! Congratulations Ceddy! Best wishes :)