• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi. Why September? Were did you get this info?

At the moment DIBP is processing those applications that were applied in Mar-Apr so as we can see it takes 2 or more months for an application to be processed. Hence, those who applied in May-Jun will be processed in late Aug or later. It's pure mathematics and nothing more. As for the priority you can read an 31th Jul update about timelines on DIBP website where it's written that 190th visas are in higher priority that 189th ones.

Edited by 4kusnik

At the moment DIBP is processing those applications that were applied in Mar-Apr so as we can see it takes 2 or more months for an application to be processed. Hence, those who applied in May-Jun will be processed in late Aug or later. It's pure mathematics and nothing more. As for the priority you can read an 31th Jul update about timelines on DIBP website where it's written that 190th visas are in higher priority that 189th ones.

Probably you're right. But still there are many cases when people lodged their apps in May-June and were granted in June-July. Anyway, we can only wait.

Hi Shelly,

We lodged our 189 app on the 26th June after skills assessment and IELTS etc. Police checks are done and dusted as are the medicals, just waiting impatiently! Any news on the progress of your application? Very new to the thread lark, haven't really bothered with the forum side of things. Now everything has been completed it's nice to know other folk have some good information to impart.

Any idea how to get all the info at the bottom of the screen, ie dates of sections completed?

Rich

We have looked at the page over the last 6 weeks or so and it still says March :-(. Some threads I've read say that people have received a 'direct grant', any idea what this is? I know that the processing time is longer as we are group 4 priority. Have you completed your meds and police checks? It's hard trying to balance everything, jobs and house sale etc....

We have looked at the page over the last 6 weeks or so and it still says March :-(. Some threads I've read say that people have received a 'direct grant', any idea what this is? I know that the processing time is longer as we are group 4 priority. Have you completed your meds and police checks? It's hard trying to balance everything, jobs and house sale etc....

Hi rgp72!

Direct grant is when you get the visa without having been allocated a co. Usually it happens in straight forward applications with all the documents frontloaded including pcc and medicals

We hope to get one but you never know :)

Hi Shelly,

We lodged our 189 app on the 26th June after skills assessment and IELTS etc. Police checks are done and dusted as are the medicals, just waiting impatiently! Any news on the progress of your application? Very new to the thread lark, haven't really bothered with the forum side of things. Now everything has been completed it's nice to know other folk have some good information to impart.

Any idea how to get all the info at the bottom of the screen, ie dates of sections completed?

Rich

No progress on our application so far, it's been just over 8 weeks since we lodged. I'm keeping everything crossed we hear within the next 4 weeks but who knows. I find the forums really useful for asking questions about the visa process or Australia in general.

To get the info at the bottom of the screen with your details on click 'settings' at the top right of the page, then 'edit signature'. Hope this helps.

Shelly x

Hey guys - how long after the end of the expression of interest deadline did you receive your invitation to apply? I don't think i'll make the cut for the EOIs being submitted by 11/8 (it's now second and fourth Mondays) but I'm hoping to make the cut for the round 25/8. I'm just trying to estimate how long it will be before I would get an invite if i am successful in that round (i know it's not guaranteed!). thanks - and well done!

Hey guys - how long after the end of the expression of interest deadline did you receive your invitation to apply? I don't think i'll make the cut for the EOIs being submitted by 11/8 (it's now second and fourth Mondays) but I'm hoping to make the cut for the round 25/8. I'm just trying to estimate how long it will be before I would get an invite if i am successful in that round (i know it's not guaranteed!). thanks - and well done!

My invitation took me 3 and a half months. But my occupation had reached its ceiling that's why it took so long. If the occupation hasn't reached its ceiling yet then it shouldn't take that long to receive an invitation. As far as I know, you can check it by matching your points and visa date of effect in the regular invitation rounds.

OMG!! Is this the first grant for the people who lodged in June?? Congratulations :-D I bet you're so excited right now!

It's got to be a good sign that the rest of us are getting closer. It can't be too many weeks longer (fingers and everything firmly crossed!).Did you upload the Form 80?

Does anyone else know of anyone other then our lucky friend 'Pasteypoms', who has recieved a grant, direct or otherwise for a June lodgement??? Oh the wait.....I'm sooo impatient!

Thanks @hansu88 and @kellyv - so if the round closes on 25 August it is likely that they would notify successful invitations within a few days of 25/8? Presumably unsuccessful applicants get no notification and go into the next round. Based on the data on the immi website I am HOPING to get an invitation in the 25/8 round (I know it isn't guaranteed). My current visa expires 30/8 so I'm trying to work out when/whether to book flights. All my stuff is ready to submit a decision ready application once I receive an invite but it is scary how close it's going to be. I'm just trying to work out when I would find out so that if I am unsuccessful I will need to book flights back to the UK and head home while I await the invitation and processing. If I get my application in before my current visa expires then I automatically go onto a bridging visa and can stay in Aus while my 189 gets processed. In my case every day counts and I'm just trying to get as much info together as I possibly can. Thanks again for your help :)

Thanks @hansu88 and @kellyv - so if the round closes on 25 August it is likely that they would notify successful invitations within a few days of 25/8? Presumably unsuccessful applicants get no notification and go into the next round. Based on the data on the immi website I am HOPING to get an invitation in the 25/8 round (I know it isn't guaranteed). My current visa expires 30/8 so I'm trying to work out when/whether to book flights. All my stuff is ready to submit a decision ready application once I receive an invite but it is scary how close it's going to be. I'm just trying to work out when I would find out so that if I am unsuccessful I will need to book flights back to the UK and head home while I await the invitation and processing. If I get my application in before my current visa expires then I automatically go onto a bridging visa and can stay in Aus while my 189 gets processed. In my case every day counts and I'm just trying to get as much info together as I possibly can. Thanks again for your help :)

When I got my invite it was on the day, i.e. I received an email on the 9th June (the 2nd Monday). In fact, due to the time difference I received it in the UK on the 8th June although it was the 9th June from where it was issued from. This was the case even though it was a national holiday and the immi office was closed so I assume it's an automated system.

Please help, do I need to have all payslips and or P60 for ten years certified by a JP ? I am applying for a 189 visa. Do they all have to be colour copies ?

Thanks

We gt a couple of pay slip from the beginning, middle and end of each period of employment. If you've been with the same place for a large number of years I would get a couple of wage slips from each year.

I haven't got any of my evidence certified by a JP, instead you can upload a colour scan of the original documents.

Hope that helps x

@shellyk66 - thank you so much for the info. That means it is realistic for me to wait until 25 August to decide to buy a flight out of Australia or not! I know it will make it expensive if I have to leave but less than paying for a flight I don't use. Fingers crossed!

Well done again on your visa! :)

You're welcome @Becstar. As far as what I've experienced so far, exact time for getting an invitation can't be known exactly until you actually receive one. I've also completed my Masters from Australia, and after I read your story I was amazed to know that it resembles my story exactly. I was also waiting for my invitation when I was there, but unfortunately didn't receive it before my visa expired. Finally, I received the invitation when I came back home and lodged an offshore application. Always remember an onshore application from Australia will take weeks rather than months (for offshore applications) to get an approval. As far as I know, a person in Australia can overstay their temporary visas by 28 days legally after the expiry date of the visa. However, they are not allowed to lodge an online application during this time, but paper application can still be lodged. Some short stay visas might also exist that you would be able to apply for while you're there. Hence, I suggest you to see a registered immigration lawyer there in Australia who would know the best, and who would be able to find ways for you to stay there for some more time just in case if you don't receive an invitation before your visa expires, and you still want to stay there while lodgement of the visa. All the best for everything.

Hi everyone :) I am very new to this but thought this feed would be ideal for advice & help

My boyfriend and I are just waiting to hear from the Caseworker.

We have lodged the 189 visa for Brisbane Australia.

We showed our EOI on the 20/06/2014 - We had our Positive skills assessment 26/06/2014 - had our Invitation to apply on the 28/07/2014 - lodged on the 29/07/2014

We have our medicals booked for the 16th of this month and I have all the paperwork ready to send for our PCC'S even though we have not had to go ahead from our caseworker, very keen to get everything done as soon we are hoping to move to Australia late October.

Immi site and our migration agent have said the current processing time is 3 months.

Is it likely that we will have our visas by then?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

thanks so much in advance

Keighley :) xxxxx