Hi,

I applied from England and I am a british citizen. I am a nurse. This is my first email from a co, and was informed in this email that she was my allocated case officer. She was requesting the 2 birth certificates as these 2 were not full ones (didn't have parents names on them) so i was able to get copies of them today and i will get them certified tomorrow and then email them to the case officer. Just annoyed at myself that I didn't even notice/think about them not being 'full' birth certificates. Hopefully this will be the only things needed and the next email will be a grant?!?!?!

Hi Spratnat!!!

Very good news about the co!!!

When did you apply for the visa?

Good luck to you!

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everybody!

I have been a silent follower of this thread and I must say it has helped me build patience throughout the application process. Thanks Shelly for creating this thread and thank you guys for keeping it active and sharing your experiences!

I'm thrilled to inform you that I HAVE BEEN FINALLY GRANTED THE PR VISA TODAY! :hug:

Here are some details -

Visa subclass: 189 SI

Occupation code: 233512 (Mechanical Engineer)

Onshore applicant

Applied on: June 10 2014

Front loaded docs on: June 21 2014

No CO, direct grant by Adelaide team

Keep the faith guys - wishing you all a speedy grant! Cheers! :smile:

Congrats!!!!!

Hi everybody!

I have been a silent follower of this thread and I must say it has helped me build patience throughout the application process. Thanks Shelly for creating this thread and thank you guys for keeping it active and sharing your experiences!

I'm thrilled to inform you that I HAVE BEEN FINALLY GRANTED THE PR VISA TODAY! :hug:

Here are some details -

Visa subclass: 189 SI

Occupation code: 233512 (Mechanical Engineer)

Onshore applicant

Applied on: June 10 2014

Front loaded docs on: June 21 2014

No CO, direct grant by Adelaide team

Keep the faith guys - wishing you all a speedy grant! Cheers! :smile:

Congrants for getting the visa and thanks for providing the details.

I am eagerly waiting for the case officer to be assigned or the direct grant. Eaeatch day passes with great difficulty. Every saturday I will think may be next week I will hear something from the immigration department.

Congrants for all those who got the visa and all the best to all those who are waiting

Hello all

we are about to do an EoI - for nursing

We have a solid 60 points based on qualifications, IELTS, & age. My wife is the applicant, and has loads of experinec, but we think we kight just miss out on getting points for experinec as she has been part time, and I gather time off on maternity leave isn't counted

We just wanted to know if:

60 points is good enough to be invited to apply?

and whether it's best to avoud risking adding points for experince if it might fall ust shy of the 20 hours per week limit.

any info much appeciated!

Thanks

Matthew & Nicola

Hi guys,

Been an avid reader on this forum, thanks to everyone who have been a regular poster on this forum.

I have got my invitation on June 6th, but yet to hear from DIMA.

Me and my wife have invested so much time and money to move to Oz. Its been more than a year's preparation to get all the necessary documents in order.

i can wait to get any communication or even a direct grant(if lucky).

Need help on two small things here:

1. During my visa application, i forgot to add my address that i have stayed in Australia earlier, should i upload form 1023 without getting an CO?

2. Did you guys load form 80 without the CO asking for one?

All the best to everyone here!!

Hi sen05,

I have uploaded Form 80 (it took some time to complete), just in case if the CO needs it and avoid delay. I have not been assigned any CO yet. As for updating your info, then I think you can update your information as long as you have not been assigned a CO. That's according to my agent.

Hope that helped.

Thanks

Yasir.

Hi guys,

Been an avid reader on this forum, thanks to everyone who have been a regular poster on this forum.

I have got my invitation on June 6th, but yet to hear from DIMA.

Me and my wife have invested so much time and money to move to Oz. Its been more than a year's preparation to get all the necessary documents in order.

i can wait to get any communication or even a direct grant(if lucky).

Need help on two small things here:

1. During my visa application, i forgot to add my address that i have stayed in Australia earlier, should i upload form 1023 without getting an CO?

2. Did you guys load form 80 without the CO asking for one?

All the best to everyone here!!

Hello all

We have a solid 60 points based on qualifications, IELTS, & age. My wife is the applicant, and has loads of experinec, but we think we kight just miss out on getting points for experinec as she has been part time, and I gather time off on maternity leave isn't counted

and whether it's best to avoud risking adding points for experince if it might fall ust shy of the 20 hours per week limit.

Thanks

Matthew & Nicola

hi there Matt and Nicola,

i am also a nurse in the process of visa application. My advice regards the hours for experience would be not to add anything you think might cause the case officers to question it only delays things. And the fact is you already have 60 points, enough to be invited. Quick question though, is Nicola diploma or degree trained as the AHPRA have made things pretty tricky for those only with a diploma to register - in fact pretty impossible. Dave

Hello all

Thanks

Matthew & Nicola

Hi Matthew & Nicola,

I think it'd be worth starting a new thread to open your question up to the entire forum. We applied with just 60 points and was invited to apply within the next round of invitations. I'm not sure about your questions regarding part-time employment or maternity leave however you need to be really careful not to over claim points as it can result in a refusal of your visa. If you're not sure I think it's worth getting some free initial advice from a migration agent, my experience with Go Matilda was very good although we ultimately decided to do it all ourselves.

Good luck x

Thanks shelly. We have been given this same kind of advice a few times today on a couple of threads here and elsewhere on the web.

We have a solid 60 points with age, qualifications and IELTS so will go with that. We are speaking to an agent on a consultation basis, we'll see what they say.

Thanks again. Always much appreciated :)

Hi all. We are going to lodge our EOI tomorrow (Saturday 23rd)

Having not done this before, does anyone on here who has recently done this having any tips or good advice on doing this?

We are doing an EOI based on 60 points, made up of age, qualifications and maximum IELTS scare and an Anmac LOD (nursing)

Any advice most welcome

@robley - thanks!

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share an observation I've made. I've noticed this pattern that the 189 Visa applicants who are engineers seem to get their COs & grants a lot faster than the rest. I came across this thread as well http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/196210-189-190-visa-applicants-6384.html#post4999273 & apparently there is someone who lodged on the 23rd June, like me & has been assigned a CO yesterday, 21st Aug. I have not been assigned a CO as yet, unfortunately. Perhaps software engineers is one of the skills that is reaching its occupation ceiling so they're trying to clear these applications first? Hopefully more applications will be assigned to COs & more grants for the June applicants will be cleared soon.

Best wishes to all.

Kind regards,

N.

Hi Everyone,

I am glad to inform you all that I have granted the Visa Today.

Details:

189 Visa

Software Engineer

Working in Dubai

Citizen of India

Congratulations abdul264. I saw your post just as I posted my message. Best wishes!

Morning Everyone

I have just looked on the visa tracker and my row has been filled in with colour. I did not do this! does anyone know how I can unfill the coloumns as I have not had our direct grant

etc

And does anyone know what the colours mean?

Really appreciate your help

thank u xxx

Edited by Keighley Hughes

Hi all. We are going to lodge our EOI tomorrow (Saturday 23rd)

Having not done this before, does anyone on here who has recently done this having any tips or good advice on doing this?

We are doing an EOI based on 60 points, made up of age, qualifications and maximum IELTS scare and an Anmac LOD (nursing)

Any advice most welcome

@robley - thanks!

Have you done a skill assessment?

Can you provide evidence of work experience - Reference Letter, payslips, tax certs etc?

tbh you are probably better creating a new thread rather than posting in a visa lodged thread.

Morning Everyone

I have just looked on the visa tracker and my row has been filled in with colour. I did not do this! does anyone know how I can unfill the coloumns as I have not had our direct grant

etc

And does anyone know what the colours mean?

Really appreciate your help

thank u xxx

I cleared it for you!

I think the green row signifies grant and then each month has in a different colour in the grant date column.