Hi everyone :) I am very new to this but thought this feed would be ideal for advice & help

My boyfriend and I are just waiting to hear from the Caseworker.

We have lodged the 189 visa for Brisbane Australia.

We showed our EOI on the 20/06/2014 - We had our Positive skills assessment 26/06/2014 - had our Invitation to apply on the 28/07/2014 - lodged on the 29/07/2014

We have our medicals booked for the 16th of this month and I have all the paperwork ready to send for our PCC'S even though we have not had to go ahead from our caseworker, very keen to get everything done as soon we are hoping to move to Australia late October.

Immi site and our migration agent have said the current processing time is 3 months.

Is it likely that we will have our visas by then?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

thanks so much in advance

Keighley :) xxxxx

Hi,

you dont have to wait for Case Officer to tell you to get the your PCC´s. Its better to get them now, upload them because if they are not there when CO is assigned he/she will ask for them, then you have to apply for PCC´s, wait for them to arrive, upload them, wait for CO to come back to your application. You will delay your visa grant by at least a month if you dont get PCC´s before CO is allocated.

Processing times are a guideline only, they aim to process 75% of applications within 3 months. Current times are around 3 months, but some people get it sooner, some later. If you have a straightforward case you should get it within 3 months. There is a bit of a backlog at the moment as the start of July is busy time for visa apps. Im 8 weeks waiting so far, hoping i will get the grant within the next month.

Good luck

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya Gaz84,

Great, thanks for the advice makes sense to get them done soon.

I will make sure I send the forms off for our PCC'S today first class :)

Hope you get your visa soon,

I think the waiting is the worst part of the whole process and I have only just started, hopefully it will be a quick 3 months

All the best in your new life in Ause

Keighley x

Thanks @hansu88 and @kellyv - so if the round closes on 25 August it is likely that they would notify successful invitations within a few days of 25/8? Presumably unsuccessful applicants get no notification and go into the next round. Based on the data on the immi website I am HOPING to get an invitation in the 25/8 round (I know it isn't guaranteed). My current visa expires 30/8 so I'm trying to work out when/whether to book flights. All my stuff is ready to submit a decision ready application once I receive an invite but it is scary how close it's going to be. I'm just trying to work out when I would find out so that if I am unsuccessful I will need to book flights back to the UK and head home while I await the invitation and processing. If I get my application in before my current visa expires then I automatically go onto a bridging visa and can stay in Aus while my 189 gets processed. In my case every day counts and I'm just trying to get as much info together as I possibly can. Thanks again for your help :)

@Becstar, I like to think of worst case scenarios (I am sure it won't happen to you). If you don't get invite before 25th, your tickets are going to be awfully expensive so I would suggest that you buy a refundable airline ticket. In US, airlines like southwest have free refunds in case our travel plans change. Its just my opinion.

Aw thanks David

:) thanks for ur message

My boyfriend is a qualified electrician and has done everything he needs to, to enable him to work as a trainee electrician for 6 months before applying for his license :)

I am in the wedding industry so hope to carry that on as a career once we arrive

We have not got jobs yet but going to be looking closer to the time and if nothing comes about we would like to settle in brisbane first and then look for work

Sent off PCCs today so hopefully wont be too long

See your moving to the sunny coast, we have an apartment booked there for christmas :)

Are you just waiting to hear from the case officer now?

keighley xxx

Hiya Shelley - my name is Sarah and I'm new to this site, I was just wondering if you used an agent or if you applied direct.. You must be feeling really excited..

Cheers Sarah xx

Hi Sarah,

I applied without an agent. I'm feeling excited (and a little nervous!!). Have you lodged your visa application yet

Shelly x

Hi Sarah,

I applied without an agent. I'm feeling excited (and a little nervous!!). Have you lodged your visa application yet

Shelly x

Hi Shelly,

I have been a silent follower of this thread, Our timelines are almost similar. Timelines below, Have you got any news on a CO allocation?

Positive Skill assesment: 6th May 2014 (ACS) - Onshore

IELTS(10th May 2014) : S & R:9, L:8, W:7.5

EOI: 24th May 2014

Invite & Applied: 9th June 2014

Frontloaded docs incl PCC & MED: 15th June 2014

Medicals: 27th June' 14 (Myself), 1st July 2014 (Wife & Daughter)

CO: Waiting

Edited by arunm86

Hi Guys, Im an July 11th 190 lodger, but wanted to say, that DIAC sent an automated responce to me today saying they have adjusted a few things of my application.. nothing major, but they have or are looking it would seem:) only 4 weeks after lodgement. Again probs nothing,but I thought id share

Hi Guys, Im an July 11th 190 lodger, but wanted to say, that DIAC sent an automated responce to me today saying they have adjusted a few things of my application.. nothing major, but they have or are looking it would seem:) only 4 weeks after lodgement. Again probs nothing,but I thought id share

I think they seem to be looking at your application.

You guys are nearer and dearer to DIBP than us, the 189 guys. :-)

Hi, Our agent emailed this morning to tell us we would be allocated a CO next week. She contacted Immigration on our behalf as my daughter is currently in Australia on a tourist visa, she had an accident that is going to prevent her flying home before her 3 months is up.

Skills assessment-Nov'13, IELTS8.5-May'14, Got a migration agent-May'14, EOI & Invitation-June'14, 189 Visa app-16th June 2014, Front Loading done-9th July'14

I think they seem to be looking at your application.

You guys are nearer and dearer to DIBP than us, the 189 guys. :-)

Actually it just depends. I know someone from China who applied onshore in June and got visa granted in less than 3 weeks. Another person i know in Australia got it granted it 10 days of Application. So technically there is no logical application path they follow.I applied myself on July 17 th and am still waiting for CO allocation.I also know of people who got CO allocation and visa grants for 190 visa later than 189 visas.

Hi,

Good luck with your new move. I've been in Perth for a year now and it's definitely the best move I've ever made.

My sister is in the beginning stages of immigrating and I'm wondering if any of you have used a migration agent or done it yourself?

All the best,

Hi Ceddy,

How did your agent contact the immigration? I've gotten my invite & lodged the 189 visa on the 23rd June 2014 but have yet to be assigned to a CO. I'm so worried now as the wait time is really really long. I've also engaged a lawyer/agent.

Kind regards,

N

Hi, Our agent emailed this morning to tell us we would be allocated a CO next week. She contacted Immigration on our behalf as my daughter is currently in Australia on a tourist visa, she had an accident that is going to prevent her flying home before her 3 months is up.

Skills assessment-Nov'13, IELTS8.5-May'14, Got a migration agent-May'14, EOI & Invitation-June'14, 189 Visa app-16th June 2014, Front Loading done-9th July'14

Hi Ceddy,

How did your agent contact the immigration? I've gotten my invite & lodged the 189 visa on the 23rd June 2014 but have yet to be assigned to a CO. I'm so worried now as the wait time is really really long. I've also engaged a lawyer/agent.

Kind regards,

N

Hi Ceddy,

Kind regards,

N

We inquired with agent regards my daughters situation,as we know she won't be able to fly until after her tourist visa expiry date.We needed to know the correct way to go about extending it as had previously been told if we were thinking of visiting OZ after 189 application to apply for our tourist visa before submitting, agent contacted GSM Adelaide, They replied saying we would be allocated a CO next week. I think we have been bumped up the list because of this.

We then had a general email from our agent saying that OZ are currently dealing with mid march applications, she added that because of our situation we will still be allocated next week.

We inquired with agent regards my daughters situation,as we know she won't be able to fly until after her tourist visa expiry date.We needed to know the correct way to go about extending it as had previously been told if we were thinking of visiting OZ after 189 application to apply for our tourist visa before submitting, agent contacted GSM Adelaide, They replied saying we would be allocated a CO next week. I think we have been bumped up the list because of this.

We then had a general email from our agent saying that OZ are currently dealing with mid march applications, she added that because of our situation we will still be allocated next week.

Hi Ceddy,

Oh dear. I've got a bit of a similar situation though mine is more about university enrolment, etc. Perhaps I should contact my agent again. I've sent them 2 emails & both replies mentioned that I'll have to wait for the immigration to contact them. Do you remember when exactly in June did you lodged your application?

Kind regards,

N

Hi NSB, My daughter is included on our 189, she was in full time education and as you know this is a requirement, She was due to start college this September in the UK, but obviously cannot now, October 1st is only a review date, she may have to stay a few months more ( my good friends are looking after her ), she dislocated her knee and has now got a DVT,If we are granted the 189, then she will do a TAFE course start of OZ next school year, then go to Uni.

We were advised to approach Immi, before contacting the Embassy regards her situation, If we are granted the 189 sooner, this would make more sense and uncomplicate matters, so fingers crossed.I am pretty sure, re-reading our agents email, that this is the reason we will be allocated CO next week.

Hi Shelly,

I have been a silent follower of this thread, Our timelines are almost similar. Timelines below, Have you got any news on a CO allocation?

Positive Skill assesment: 6th May 2014 (ACS) - Onshore

IELTS(10th May 2014) : S & R:9, L:8, W:7.5

EOI: 24th May 2014

Invite & Applied: 9th June 2014

Frontloaded docs incl PCC & MED: 15th June 2014

Medicals: 27th June' 14 (Myself), 1st July 2014 (Wife & Daughter)

CO: Waiting

Hi

Yes our time lines are similar! No news on CO allocation unfortunately. It would seem that processing has slowed a little for 189s recently. The immi website suggests allocation of COs had only reached applications submitted on the 10th March (or something like that) but from other threads it appears that it isn't quite that bad!

!!!! Now that IS exciting! What kind of things were they adjusting??

After a while of there seeming to be little difference between the 189 and 190 processing times it would seem 190s are finally back to getting the priority processing they're entitled to. If only we could have met the 190 requirements....... :daydreaming:

Hi NSB, My daughter is included on our 189, she was in full time education and as you know this is a requirement, She was due to start college this September in the UK, but obviously cannot now, October 1st is only a review date, she may have to stay a few months more ( my good friends are looking after her ), she dislocated her knee and has now got a DVT,If we are granted the 189, then she will do a TAFE course start of OZ next school year, then go to Uni.

We were advised to approach Immi, before contacting the Embassy regards her situation, If we are granted the 189 sooner, this would make more sense and uncomplicate matters, so fingers crossed.I am pretty sure, re-reading our agents email, that this is the reason we will be allocated CO next week.

Dear Ceddy,

Thanx for replying. I'm currently awaiting for a CO as well but have not heard anything. I've lodged my application on the 23rd June. It's been a rather long wait time. I've gotten acceptance into higher education studies but it would make more sense for me to enrol as a permanent resident. The 2nd semester has just started in uni & I can't enrol as I'm still waiting for the immigration. I'm really afraid that I may not make it in time, etc. Did you have to produce any kind of documentation to your agent in order for them to make the call? My lawyers are aware of my situation & they've got my offer letter from the university as well. I'm wondering now if I should suggest to them to call in to immigration to inquire about my situation. What do you think?

Kind regards,

N

Hi, Sorry I cannot advise as I can only go on my own situation and what my agent has said. I would far rather have my daughter healthy and happy, than have a visa rushed through on medical grounds.Even though we will be allocated next week, there is still no guarantee that we will be approved, Agent said it was our 1st step before contacting the Embassy. I have photocopies from my daughters accident to her last doctor's appointment,I didnt need these for agent, maybe CO will want to see them, if not then my daughter has all the originals as these will be needed if she has to get an extension via the Embassy.

I have read through most of this site and cannot see any other thread of a similar situation to mine, have you looked through to see if anyone has been in a situation similar to yours.

The standard wait seems to be 3 months + and from reading other threads I have only seen 1 other from June that has been granted a visa.

Aw thanks David

:) thanks for ur message

My boyfriend is a qualified electrician and has done everything he needs to, to enable him to work as a trainee electrician for 6 months before applying for his license :)

I am in the wedding industry so hope to carry that on as a career once we arrive

We have not got jobs yet but going to be looking closer to the time and if nothing comes about we would like to settle in brisbane first and then look for work

Sent off PCCs today so hopefully wont be too long

See your moving to the sunny coast, we have an apartment booked there for christmas :)

Are you just waiting to hear from the case officer now?

keighley xxx

We front loaded all our documents and so fingers crossed we won't hear from a case office and just receive a direct grant - kind of tense waiting though!

Hi again,

We have sent off all paperwork to our migration agent who has sent to the immi apart from the medical info and the police certs even filled in and sent off the form 80 just incase it is requested.

Our agent says we could potentially have our visas in 10 weeks depending on the number of applications they are processing at any one time

I am hoping thats the case as we would love to able to fly over in October

It is def tense waiting, we have only been waiting a week so far and all i keep doing is googling and trying to find out how long other people have had to wait

Cant wait :)

xx

Edited by Keighley Hughes

Hi, Sorry I cannot advise as I can only go on my own situation and what my agent has said. I would far rather have my daughter healthy and happy, than have a visa rushed through on medical grounds.Even though we will be allocated next week, there is still no guarantee that we will be approved, Agent said it was our 1st step before contacting the Embassy. I have photocopies from my daughters accident to her last doctor's appointment,I didnt need these for agent, maybe CO will want to see them, if not then my daughter has all the originals as these will be needed if she has to get an extension via the Embassy.

I have read through most of this site and cannot see any other thread of a similar situation to mine, have you looked through to see if anyone has been in a situation similar to yours.

The standard wait seems to be 3 months + and from reading other threads I have only seen 1 other from June that has been granted a visa.

Hi Ceddy,

Thanx for responding. I'm still uncertain on what else I can right now but wait.

Thank you for sharing :)

Let us know when you've gotten your CO assigned.

Kind regards,

N.