• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all,

Good day to all!!!

i have lodged my visa and front loaded all docs in july (except form 80 , which i will upload today) ..

I was going through the 189 may lodged thread and the visa grants seems to picking up..

Hopefully all in june gang would get it soon allowing us in a july to be pushed up the que..

cheers

Hi, We had our Visa granted this morning, Huge relief due to my daughter's circumstances, Good luck to everyone else waiting, Hope it's not too much longer for you all.

Woow. what a speed !! In three weeks. You are the first that I know of getting a grant for June applicants.

Hi All,

Just got this from the forum and happened to relate the same apathy as to what others are going through. We too lodged our 189 application at the same time and we are sill awaiting CO's to be assigned. Must say it's been a very long hard wait of 9+ weeks even after filing it from onshore. We have been told that it may take until September end as there is a heavy pile of applications to be completed.

Date lodged : 13 June 2014.

Uploaded all the docs. MEDS appointment booked on for 19 Aug 2014.

Thanks,

Abhi

Hi Ceddy,

Congratulations. Can you please let me know whether you were informed that the case officer is assigned or all of a sudden you have received an email with visa grant. Do they asked for additional documents. By the way you applied for PR from which country. Have you submitted the bank statements if so for how many months. Thank You

We lodged ours on the 8th July and we're awaiting a CO to be allocated. We're also very nervous as we lost money on the first attempt through not being able to get everything done on time. And as we understand it this is our last opportunity. So fingers crossed. We're already in WA on hubby's 457, but aiming to get the 189 done and then relocate to Melbourne.

Regarding Australian Immigration caring about exceptional cases. The reality is they never care. They have forced women who were pregnant to board planes to ensure visa compliance and seeing what they are doing to certain refugees makes it very clear Australian immigration generally don't care about human needs and exceptional circumstances.They are many cases where the immigration became cold hearts and just said "we have to follow the rules" even the rules means very harmful situation for families and children so please don't expect empathy from Australian Immigration.They clearly lack it.So if you think explaining your exceptional circumstances to Australian will help, trust me they never care.Its wasting time trying to explain your personal problems to your case officer.At end they will use the very personal circumstance information against you!:mad:

Hi all,

firstly great thread Shelly.

i did find this link showing allocation estimated times ....although, not completely sure if they are in regards to CO allocation.

any ways here is the link for all of you.

https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

this link shows (last updated on July31st) that last allocation was for the application made on 10 march .

Wish all you folks the best of luck .

i however have just submitted my application on 12th august so I am guess the waiting is inevitable, if I am reading this link correctly ..

the speed at which the cases are moving can best be assessed when they update this link again by end of August...

thanks again folks .

all the best

Edited by Shanky
wrong spells and reomvign some content and moving to another thread

Hi all,

firstly great thread Shelley.

i did find this link showing allocation estimated times ....although, not completely sure if they are in regards to CO allocation.

any ways here is the link for all of you.

https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

this link shows (last updated on July31st) that last allocation was for the application made on 10 march .

Wish all you folks the best of luck .

i have my concerns about the non-immigrating dependant...the 1220 seems to contain a lot of information that I cannot fill like for example estimated date of travel and blah....this is for my mother .

i however have just submitted my application on 12th august so I am guess the waiting is inevitable, if I am reading this link correctly ..

the speed at which the cases are moving can best be assessed when they update this link again by end of August...

Please do let me know if this 1220 is completely mandatory in case of a non-migrating dependant .

thanks again folks .

all the best

Sorry I can't help with your question Shanky. I've seen the visa estimates shown on the immi website stating 10th March (as of 31st July) but going by the spreadsheet and other posts I'm hoping that is on the very conservative side as a lot of people seem to have received grants who lodged their applications some time after 10th March. I can only hope! The website also still states that the 189 is taking 3 months to process so I'm hanging on to this and hope I'll hear in the next few weeks.

It might be worth posting a fresh thread regarding the 1220 and the 'non-immigrating dependant', it'll open your question up to more people.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for a quick reply shelly , and hey sorry spelt your name wrong there .

Well I truly hope for the same, as the estimates and what i am reading up on the forums seems to be pushing me way back in to the queue .

hope this all waiting game gets over quickly for all of us . And hey i guess you waited long and for all you know you might just hours away from the grant ( the ultimate hopeful that i am :-) ) ...all the best .

Regarding 1220 /on non-immigrating dependent i am moving it to another post, great tip .

And do keep us all posted on it .

Cheers

Shaw

Hi Spratnat,

All the best. Hopefully you will be the next one to get the visa. I am eagerly waiting for any email from DIBP. Very difficult time going on. Can you please let me know the below details if you dont mind.

1. When you applied and from which country. Which nationality do you already have

2. Is this the first email to you from your case officer. How were you informed that the case officer is assigned.

3. You are working as what.

Sorry for asking you these questions

Hi Shelly,

Im new to this (very helpful, almost addictive haha!)site. Hope everything's still going really well with your application process ahead of your big move. Just wondering if you could give me some steer please? Your visa application (189) and the skilled occupation is similar to our circumstance. My husband and I are currently making our way through copious amounts of reading about immigrating (this is something that we have wanted to do for years now - should have started then really with all this reading)

Anyway we feel visa app 189 is best suited to our needs/meeting requirements etc. My husband is a plasterer currently self employed, previous to that he was a tutor of plastering. Having read through the information, we are thinking that our next (first??) step would be the TRA assessment - Is this correct?

Are these the steps (please correct me if i'm wrong)

TRA (Skills assessment)

Await results

EOI

INVITE TO APPLY (during this time would you organise checks ie. Police and medical OR await for your reply???)

Hope ive not bombarded you with info and requests, its just we want to get everything right and try to do it ourselves to save money on an agent. Talking of MARAs did you have one??

Many thanks in advanced

Laura

Just checked the visa tracker looks like another successful applicant got their visa today, they had a direct grant and they applied the 3rd of june ;) xx

I was just about to say exactly the same thing, another from June granted today woohoo!! Feels like I'm constantly either checking this forum, the spreadsheet, my emails or my immiaccount lol

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I wonder who'll be next?

Hi Shelly,

Im new to this (very helpful, almost addictive haha!)site. Hope everything's still going really well with your application process ahead of your big move. Just wondering if you could give me some steer please? Your visa application (189) and the skilled occupation is similar to our circumstance. My husband and I are currently making our way through copious amounts of reading about immigrating (this is something that we have wanted to do for years now - should have started then really with all this reading)

Anyway we feel visa app 189 is best suited to our needs/meeting requirements etc. My husband is a plasterer currently self employed, previous to that he was a tutor of plastering. Having read through the information, we are thinking that our next (first??) step would be the TRA assessment - Is this correct?

Are these the steps (please correct me if i'm wrong)

TRA (Skills assessment)

Await results

EOI

INVITE TO APPLY (during this time would you organise checks ie. Police and medical OR await for your reply???)

Hope ive not bombarded you with info and requests, its just we want to get everything right and try to do it ourselves to save money on an agent. Talking of MARAs did you have one??

Many thanks in advanced

Laura

Hi Laura,

I'm just sent you a PM x

Hi,

I applied from England and I am a british citizen. I am a nurse. This is my first email from a co, and was informed in this email that she was my allocated case officer. She was requesting the 2 birth certificates as these 2 were not full ones (didn't have parents names on them) so i was able to get copies of them today and i will get them certified tomorrow and then email them to the case officer. Just annoyed at myself that I didn't even notice/think about them not being 'full' birth certificates. Hopefully this will be the only things needed and the next email will be a grant?!?!?!

Hi Spratnat,

All the best. Hopefully you will be the next one to get the visa. I am eagerly waiting for any email from DIBP. Very difficult time going on. Can you please let me know the below details if you dont mind.

1. When you applied and from which country. Which nationality do you already have

2. Is this the first email to you from your case officer. How were you informed that the case officer is assigned.

3. You are working as what.

Sorry for asking you these questions