Going back to UK for no reason

jasepom

Moving back in my view was financial and emotional suicide.

Understandable... But do we really need to play this broken record again?? I have said it before and I will say it again- you need to move forward and stop dwelling on the past!

You made that conscience decision to move back to the UK and fair enough, it didn't work out for you. But at least you had the choice, others don't have this luxury.

Loads of people on this forum have given you valuable advice but you choose to ignore it. On all your repetitive one-liner posts you have never thanked anyone for their advice or support. Tbh, I think you are just enjoying the attention seeking....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moving back in my view was financial and emotional suicide.

You dont have to accept things as they are, it may not be permanent, look to positives, make changes where you can, being mournful does not help you and certainly wont help close ones, in fact it would make things worse. Aus, and the Uk are not bad countries to live in at all, opportunities in both. make the best of them they wont change for you so you have to adapt.

Sometimes you do things so stupid, like leaving Australia on a whim. Getting back to UK and thinking to yourself, why the hell did I do that ?

In my experience stupid people rarely question their actions.

• 4 weeks later...
Sometimes you do things so stupid, like leaving Australia on a whim. Getting back to UK and thinking to yourself, why the hell did I do that ?

jase , please don't associate your decisions with everybody elses .......I get it , you made a mistake ....WE ALL DO .....

We have had a few on here that have felt the same as you .

When I got back to the U.K . I fell further than you , trust me , I really pidgeon holed myself ....I really f....ed it up basically .

Its taken awhile , but now I look back and see what we have done as a family , its been immense, and iam glad I did it .

Here iam 53 , 2.30, workover for the day , few beers later ......living in a decent area ...in my humble opinion . taking everything into account , the best country in the world ...and if it aint the best country in the world , there are a few contenders just over the channel ...lovely jubbly

p.s you hate the uk ...I respect your opinion ......you love Melbourne , I couldn't stand it ....horses for courses ...each to their own

• 4 weeks later...
The homes aren't very nice there if you haven't the money. If you have the money yes you can live in a very nice terrace if that's what your after.

What's happening with you and your other half/kids then, are you going back to be with them or have you called it a day and are staying in Australia?

The homes aren't very nice there if you haven't the money. If you have the money yes you can live in a very nice terrace if that's what your after.

oh I see , happiness is all about the size of the house is it ....dear me

A bit of advice jase .....once again ....I deal with everyone from those who live in inner city terraced houses to those in houses worth £10 million with multiple luxury cars on the drive ......I have been doing this for 20 yrs ......do you know who the happiest , most contented group of people I meet ......

Generally those people between 50 -70 no debt ......and living in mobile homes in places like bridgnorth , kiddeminster and stourport ......they always appear to be on a permanent holiday and contented ...no massive garden to look after , and plenty of facilities...by the river , and surrounded by greenery .....just happy with life .....

......and living in mobile homes in places like bridgnorth , kiddeminster and stourport ......they always appear to be on a permanent holiday and contented ..

They also used to get the benefit of retaining their non-fixed abode status by shutting the caravan parks for 6 weeks a year and buggering off to Tenerife over winter :-)

A bit of advice jase .....once again ....I deal with everyone from those who live in inner city terraced houses to those in houses worth £10 million with multiple luxury cars on the drive ......I have been doing this for 20 yrs ......do you know who the happiest , most contented group of people I meet ......

Generally those people between 50 -70 no debt ......and living in mobile homes in places like bridgnorth , kiddeminster and stourport ......they always appear to be on a permanent holiday and contented ...no massive garden to look after , and plenty of facilities...by the river , and surrounded by greenery .....just happy with life .....

Although I definitely agree on the point you made there. Money can save you a lot of headaches and trouble. So, yeah it can certainly "buy you happiness". Will money alone make you happy? No. But if I have a simple house paid off, I can buy all my general expenses and only work for like 20 hours a week while still supporting my family, then that situation would make me more happy than working my ass off 60 hours a week and barely being able to pay for general expenses and a cheap mortgage.

It's a balance between how you get the money (ie working your ass off and other stuff you can't/have to do) and what you will do with that money. There is a threshold in which money becomes less and less of a happiness factor. And the price you have to pay in other fields of your life are not worth the extra money.

I have a picture in mind of my ideal reachable situation (also materialism wise). It does require a good amount of money, but nothing too overly expensive. Even if I would make a million dollars more...I wouldn't acquire anything else, because it wouldn't make me more happy. I would rather work less than make more money for example.

They also used to get the benefit of retaining their non-fixed abode status by shutting the caravan parks for 6 weeks a year and buggering off to Tenerife over winter :-)

not entirely true ...many of the sites I have visited are 12 month residency ....some even part own the land

Nice post Bunbury!I have friends who live in a forest in yurts,and they are some of the happiest people I've ever met!We were going to join them years ago but teenage daughters drew the line!:laugh:Like I've said before,a thread started years ago on this forum was by someone who had emigrated to Oz,built this apparently huge house,and then whinged that no family had come over to visit so they had no one to show it off to?Crisis or what?:twitcy:

Its terrible when you realise you gave up a great life for nothing.

Jase, I really worry about you - have you worked with a counsellor because, TBH this constant rehashing and probably reinventing of your past decisions isn't getting you anywhere! So, you screwed up - no reason not to move forwards. You want to live in Aus, get on with it. If you want to be with your family, put your big girl panties on and get on with it. We get it, we really do. You didn't like Aus, you moved, you didn't like UK you moved - no blame just the best decisions you could make at the time with the information you had available. Now, deal with it, move forwards! Blame and regret are a waste of time and energy. Please, see a therapist!

Archived