I thought I'd got over it!

Quoll

Got to stop going to the gym on a Monday morning! Last week I was there when Phil Spencer was showing a couple around some "desirable" residences in Sydney - Auburn and Campbelltown were two of the places - WTF was he thinking? A third place, just as undesirable has slipped my mind (best thing for it!). I was laughing hysterically on the treadmill! Not a good look!

Fast forward to this week (same time, silly me!) and there was Phil showing a couple of blokes "desirable" properties in Adelaide - I felt sick, physically ill - and it wasn't the treadmill! The dry barren aspect just brought back all that I found alien. There he was showing (I assume) the wonderful view from the patio - yuck! Paul Keating's ar*e end of the world personified! Regularly walking miles through lush green, vibrant spring colours (got to love the daffs and cowslips) it just highlighted for me how much I hate the harshness and appreciate the mellow! More therapy needed obviously!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest 47403

Better off in the gym Quoll the elderly have been advised not to exercise outdoors due to the current poor air quality in the UK.

I've only watched that program once recently, was the other day in perth. I thought the apartments were nice but she was very fussy, well I would be too if I was spending that amount of money! Did anybody give you funny looks for laughing, that's happened to me a few times lol

Better off in the gym Quoll the elderly have been advised not to exercise outdoors due to the current poor air quality in the UK.

image.jpg

And from the other side

image.jpg

Taken yesterday about 2pm cough cough splutter (sorry its sideways)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes you saw the pics I took in Jedburgh which was not that far from the boarder. It was patchy but most of our journey from Leicester to beyond the Scottish boarder was foggy like that.

Coming home was a laugh, we came down the A68 through the Northumberland Nationl Park, we were on a heart stopping roller coaster road, very steep approach to blind summits and stomach churning drop in the other side ha ha there was a lot of oooooh ing and arrrrrr ing I can tell you. Maybe the visit to the meringue tea rooms beforehand didn't help lol.

Edited by Metoo

Yes you saw the pics I took in Jedburgh which was not that far from the boarder. It was patchy but most of our journey from Leicester to beyond the Scottish boarder was foggy like that.

Coming home was a laugh, we came down the A68 through the Northumberland Nationl Park, we were on a heart stopping roller coaster road, very steep approach to blind summits and stomach churning drop in the other side ha ha there was a lot of oooooh ing and arrrrrr ing I can tell you. Maybe the visit to the meringue tea rooms beforehand didn't help lol.

My brother plays rugby for Jedburgh & that rollercoaster road passes my village (Bellingham) & I used to drive that road every day to work to Newcastle

Stacey, are you going to the Commonwealth Games. ?

No I'll be away. Kinda glad, Glasgow will be soooo busy, not that I go in very often anyway. My friend was saying there was something on in Glasgow a few weeks ago related to the games and the train had to stop because there were so many people standing at the train station right at the edge that the driver refused to go near. It'll obviously be good for Glasgow tourism though and jobs for a little while

I think I know which road your talking about, I'm sure we went that one last time I was in Dave's lorry lol. Yeah it's not nice when it's foggy! I remember one time we were just near the border and the weather was lovely and we got over to Scotland and it started raining heavy like 2 mins later lol typical! Was funny though because this guy was zooming past in his car without a roof :laugh:

My brother plays rugby for Jedburgh & that rollercoaster road passes my village (Bellingham) & I used to drive that road every day to work to Newcastle

Ha ha, bet you looked forward to the snow (not) I think it was more scary yesterday cos of the fog.

We were laughing on the way into Jedburgh because you pass so few houses, Internet dating must be the thing cos you have a very long walk to find your neighbour never mind finding a boy/girlfriend.

Got to stop going to the gym on a Monday morning! Last week I was there when Phil Spencer was showing a couple around some "desirable" residences in Sydney - Auburn and Campbelltown were two of the places - WTF was he thinking? A third place, just as undesirable has slipped my mind (best thing for it!). I was laughing hysterically on the treadmill! Not a good look!

Fast forward to this week (same time, silly me!) and there was Phil showing a couple of blokes "desirable" properties in Adelaide - I felt sick, physically ill - and it wasn't the treadmill! The dry barren aspect just brought back all that I found alien. There he was showing (I assume) the wonderful view from the patio - yuck! Paul Keating's ar*e end of the world personified! Regularly walking miles through lush green, vibrant spring colours (got to love the daffs and cowslips) it just highlighted for me how much I hate the harshness and appreciate the mellow! More therapy needed obviously!

The view from the top of Mount Lofty looked pretty green to me after a long dry Summer.

The A68 is horrible even in the sunshine! All that up and down rollercoasting. We used to have to drive it when I was pregnant and the memory of the overwhelming nausea has stayed with me for 20 years - every time I drive on it now it comes back!

We've had a horrible week here weatherwise. I think it's decided to go straight from March back to November!

The A68 is horrible even in the sunshine! All that up and down rollercoasting. We used to have to drive it when I was pregnant and the memory of the overwhelming nausea has stayed with me for 20 years - every time I drive on it now it comes back!

We've had a horrible week here weatherwise. I think it's decided to go straight from March back to November!

this is exactly what I said yesterday, it was like mid winter again. A big shock really considering I was out cutting the grass in vest and shorts just a few days ago. Gotta love the British weather :mad:

this is exactly what I said yesterday, it was like mid winter again. A big shock really considering I was out cutting the grass in vest and shorts just a few days ago. Gotta love the British weather :mad:

We had a beautiful March - perhaps that was summer!

It is absolutely gorgeous here when the weather's good and, thankfully, we're far enough east to be dry a lot of the time - the rain gets dumped over Cumbria before it gets here! :wink: You wouldn't know it from this week, but the countryside is beautiful when you can see it!

I don't want to get involved in this debate , but I cant help it .....

I was looking on a bit envious watching the footy the other day ...clear blue sky , packed arena , with an aerial view of Adelaide, and I thought that looks great

on the downside I only need to see the aussie landscape , ( not seascape ) , and like you , it jolts me back to reality .....not for me

It's great to be happy where you are.

I am in Brisbane and don't identify with "dry barren aspect" at all as it is really lush around here (most of the time). Just adding that in case anyone things all of Australia is as Quoll describes it.

I was just about to ask what gym you go to, then I read the rest. Knowing Phil Spencer was in the gym would defo motivate me to go! Something nice to look at, as long as he didn't bang on about Oz....If there was a show called "Phil Spencer- Wanted down under" I might be tempted to watch it, as long as it wasn't about Oz! ;-)))))

It's great to be happy where you are.

I am in Brisbane and don't identify with "dry barren aspect" at all as it is really lush around here (most of the time). Just adding that in case anyone things all of Australia is as Quoll describes it.

No of course not! Brisbane is lush but too hot for me. Canberra was apparently quite green for a while recently too but that long drought really set things in my psyche and we were holding our collective breath about whether there'd be water in the dams. Just bad associations is all - and the south east really did look horribly barren. I couldn't face that again I think.

I was just about to ask what gym you go to, then I read the rest. Knowing Phil Spencer was in the gym would defo motivate me to go! Something nice to look at, as long as he didn't bang on about Oz....If there was a show called "Phil Spencer- Wanted down under" I might be tempted to watch it, as long as it wasn't about Oz! ;-)))))

Don't have the sound on!!!!