commuters 'crying, begging' to board trains

simmo

, myself and my neighbors got through that period because of the help and assistance from others, thank god i did not have to rely on the members of this forum, I would not have survived.

actually, if we were able, most of the regular PIO members would have helped out as quickly and with as much assistance as possible.

There will have been lots of bickering, put downs and leg pulling, but most would work together and the job would have gotten done.

And they dont have that kind of heat in WA all the time?! People need to man up.

I lived in wa for 20odd years without air con and survived. But I would have used it if I had it. It is not something you enjoy, it is something you just get through. Used to give me awful headaches till I realized I needed gallons of water. Seemed to keep them at bay. Obviously, don't drink too much water as that can kill ya too apparently.

I lived in wa for 20odd years without air con and survived. But I would have used it if I had it. It is not something you enjoy, it is something you just get through. Used to give me awful headaches till I realized I needed gallons of water. Seemed to keep them at bay. Obviously, don't drink too much water as that can kill ya too apparently.

Water is toxic if you can absorb about 600ml per kilo of body weight as it dilutes the cells so much that chemical reactions cannot occur.

But you have to absorb this much, not drink it.

I would think it would be a physical impossibility to drink 60 litres of water if you weighed 100kg let alone absorb it all.

The back teeth would definitely be floating!

Sometimes you have to accept life can be uncomfortable. You also need to plan to your ability.

I will be going back to work in just over a week. The scrum that is the Tanzanian immigration- there is no other way of describing it - might last 4 hours in 40 plus with 100% humidity as maybe three jumbos land with 2 immigration officers deal with a system that Fred flintstone would be ashamed of. So, you know, this is what I need to do or not do.

People need to stop relying on those around them to provide for their needs and start doing some planning for themselves.

I am disgusted at some of the attitudes of members of this forum, People are suffering and people will die because of the extreme weather and all some can do on here is to turn it into an us versus them argument. Just under 12 months ago My home was hit by a tornado, myself and my neighbors got through that period because of the help and assistance from others, thank god i did not have to rely on the members of this forum, I would not have survived.

The community on here is a lot stronger than you think and people have been helped with a huge amount of things including places to live - free. Even though we most have never met each other in person.

Water isn't enough, a common mistake. Electrolyte fluid available everywhere does the job, but I'm sure you know that now.

Sometimes you have to accept life can be uncomfortable. You also need to plan to your ability.

I will be going back to work in just over a week. The scrum that is the Tanzanian immigration- there is no other way of describing it - might last 4 hours in 40 plus with 100% humidity as maybe three jumbos land with 2 immigration officers deal with a system that Fred flintstone would be ashamed of. So, you know, this is what I need to do or not do.

People need to stop relying on those around them to provide for their needs and start doing some planning for themselves.

Spot on! Poms in general seem so used to the govt doing everything for them they struggle here.

Guest Guest16631
The community on here is a lot stronger than you think and people have been helped with a huge amount of things including places to live - free. Even though we most have never met each other in person.

........very true stormy........

..........so it's sad to read the very small minority who seem to have little empathy for others.....

........,, we are lucky .......to be part of the PIO community and know that most on here would hold out the hand of friendship......ime....!

I feel for all people who are distressed in a weather situation. However it well known that heat is a real problem as people who are old or ill cannot drink enough to keep hydrated in the heat. Our fires in my view are a lot worse than 6 foot of snow. You can wait to be dug out.

I do not think a bush fire coming at people at high speed is anything like being in snow. Just like we are supposed to carry wool blankets in our cars here for fire reasons people in cold weather have to make the same arrangements for the cold.

The devastation in the country today is terrible, human and more so the animals standing in the paddocks burnt and suffering and waiting for someone to come and put them out of their misery.

How can you compare.

Easily. People die of cold too. Why this constant competition?

Damn you and your reality!

That is appeciated Baz. His reality.

And they dont have that kind of heat in WA all the time?! People need to man up.

I note that you are loving living in Australia. Well done to you. I do actually mean that. But that cliched nonsense of 'man up'? How do you say that to a baby, or a toddler, or an elderly person who may have to come out and do their own shopping?

It's a lousy phrase.

This sentence is much better:

"good grief where is the empathy for our fellow man....?"

I must admit its been a bit too hot for only about 2 days so far for me this summer but I am pretty adaptable but I think when any extreme of weather stops everyday life it can be bad. If people lose homes for whatever reason its sad beyond belief whether your flooded in Cornwall or Brisbane whether your home is destroyed by winds or bushfires, can you imagine filthy grotty stinking water invading your home ruining it, or fire raising it to the ground all your worldly goods and memories gone. How can any of that make anyone smile.

........very true stormy........

..........so it's sad to read the very small minority who seem to have little empathy for others.....

........,, we are lucky .......to be part of the PIO community and know that most on here would hold out the hand of friendship......ime....!

Even to those who we've disagreed with on the forum....................meeting them IRL shows (should) how much you have in common, not how different you are

Easily. People die of cold too. Why this constant competition?

That is appeciated Baz. His reality.

I note that you are loving living in Australia. Well done to you. I do actually mean that. But that cliched nonsense of 'man up'? How do you say that to a baby, or a toddler, or an elderly person who may have to come out and do their own shopping?

It's a lousy phrase.

This sentence is much better:

"good grief where is the empathy for our fellow man....?"

Nice on Peccavi!Reminded me of a story one of my Adelaide mates told me recently.She was driving up around the Chain of Ponds road (I expect you might know this road Peccavi?)Anyway to anyone who does'nt its a nice drive up through the hills,but has alot of quite bad bends in the road.Anyway....she hit some spilt diesal on the road,skidded badly and ended up rolling her car.The car came to a standstill,so there she is,upside down in her vehicle,on the corner of an S bend of the road,not knowing if something was gonna come round the corner and hit her,or whether her car was about to explode,and not knowing whether she had any serious injuries.Usually a quiet road,she decided to ring herself an ambulance and the police,which she did.She then rang her dropkick of a bf,explained to him what happened?She started crying (Probably shock setting in)and her bf then said "Harden up Princess":arghh:So no Jack13 whatever your name is,please don't tell people to "Man up"Sounds very uncaring,not to mention immature!

Nice on Peccavi!Reminded me of a story one of my Adelaide mates told me recently.She was driving up around the Chain of Ponds road (I expect you might know this road Peccavi?)Anyway to anyone who does'nt its a nice drive up through the hills,but has alot of quite bad bends in the road.Anyway....she hit some spilt diesal on the road,skidded badly and ended up rolling her car.The car came to a standstill,so there she is,upside down in her vehicle,on the corner of an S bend of the road,not knowing if something was gonna come round the corner and hit her,or whether her car was about to explode,and not knowing whether she had any serious injuries.Usually a quiet road,she decided to ring herself an ambulance and the police,which she did.She then rang her dropkick of a bf,explained to him what happened?She started crying (Probably shock setting in)and her bf then said "Harden up Princess":arghh:So no Jack13 whatever your name is,please don't tell people to "Man up"Sounds very uncaring,not to mention immature!

...................I hope you meant her ex-boyfriend......

Water is toxic if you can absorb about 600ml per kilo of body weight as it dilutes the cells so much that chemical reactions cannot occur.

But you have to absorb this much, not drink it.

I would think it would be a physical impossibility to drink 60 litres of water if you weighed 100kg let alone absorb it all.

The back teeth would definitely be floating!

There have been a few ecstasy related water consumption deaths.

Water isn't enough, a common mistake. Electrolyte fluid available everywhere does the job, but I'm sure you know that now.

I was a competitive cyclist in my youth. I used to drink watered down oj with a pinch of salt. You can also use staminade, which is the only sports drink I credit. But you can get the same effect with watered fruit juice or cordial even at a fraction of the cost.

I was a competitive cyclist in my youth. I used to drink watered down oj with a pinch of salt. You can also use staminade, which is the only sports drink I credit. But you can get the same effect with watered fruit juice or cordial even at a fraction of the cost.

Used to work with a fell runner,he also done some mad 24 hr race in France,they used to drink flat coca cola,surprised me,but it does have caffeine in it doesnt it

Archived