189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the spelling mistakes!! couldnt type quick enough :jiggy:

Congratulations Hannah!!!Brilliant news...Where u moving to and what's your entry before date? U must be ecstatiC!! i actually kept re-reading mine when i first got it to make sure it really is a grant letter lol.

x

We got PR today!!! SOOOOOOOO HAPPY! I keep jumping around! and im stuck at work!

:wink:

So in total 6.5 weeks its taken which is pretty amazing!

Good luck to those waiting to here im sure it wont be long

Heres to being an Australian Permenant Resident wooohoooooooooooo:biggrin:

Wow, that's amazing, congratulations!!!:jiggy:

I now have my head in a bucket as ours is taking forever..lol..:confused:

Thank you all !

I'm still buzzing over it all!

We are already in Perth been here about 1.5 years but were both on 457 visas. I'm a nurse and other half is an engineer and we didn't want to be sponsored by employer so we went for 189.

Really hope all those waiting will hear soon fingers crossed for you I'm sure it won't be long now Xx

Congratulations Hannah!!!Brilliant news...Where u moving to and what's your entry before date? U must be ecstatiC!! i actually kept re-reading mine when i first got it to make sure it really is a grant letter lol.

x thank you Chami ! Yeah sooooooo happy , I know what u mean I kept reading the grant letter too! Where are you moving to and when do you come out? X

Anyone else frustrated by the slowness of responses from their CO/updates to the immiaccount?

I was asked to provide extra information to support my work experience, most of which I've been able to provide but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all of it. No indication has been given as to how important this might be. I also uploaded Form 80 about two weeks ago but the immiaccount still says "requested".

x thank you Chami ! Yeah sooooooo happy , I know what u mean I kept reading the grant letter too! Where are you moving to and when do you come out? X

Hi Hannah2012- I used to live in Melbourne, so hping to move there but applying for jobs in Perth, Syd, Brizzy and melbourne....not wanting to leav this job i have here as it is a really good one without a job offer but i think it may be difficult! :-(

Thought I'd bring this post back up to the top...

Any updates from the January lodged gang? I imagine there are a few of you just 'waiting' for a decision from CO?

From me: Just waiting for Thai PCC's to arrive (ETA 13th March) - Our CO has been updating status to 'received' for any other additional docs uploaded within 1 day. Hopefully after Thai PCC we will have grant very quick after.

Where are the rest you at??

We've been amazed at the speed of our visa application based on the fact it said 12months on the website. We've taken our time completing everything as we're not in a rush but we submitted the application at the beginning of January, had a CO 30th January and are now just waiting for the medicals to clear!!!

Hey guys and girls,

we have our meds tomorrow morning so got everything crossed for that. PCC sent off and I got email saying they have received them. Form 80 completed too so now just tomorrow to get through then sit and wait for the most important email ever!! That all important, life changing, leaving party organising GRANT letter.

Please god don't let anything go wrong now!

Hey guys and girls,

we have our meds tomorrow morning so got everything crossed for that. PCC sent off and I got email saying they have received them. Form 80 completed too so now just tomorrow to get through then sit and wait for the most important email ever!! That all important, life changing, leaving party organising GRANT letter.

Please god don't let anything go wrong now!

Good luck for the morning. Provided you're all fit and healthy there should be no reason why your meds shouldn't be uploaded pretty quick.

Good luck for the morning. Provided you're all fit and healthy there should be no reason why your meds shouldn't be uploaded pretty quick.

thank you

we are all fit and healthy but my daughter was born deaf in one ear. So little nervous about what they might say? She copes absolutely fine with one good ear, excels at school and doesn't need any kind of support or aid. She doesn't know any different so I'm hoping the fact she won't need any medical input with this that all will be fine but still nervous!

thank you

we are all fit and healthy but my daughter was born deaf in one ear. So little nervous about what they might say? She copes absolutely fine with one good ear, excels at school and doesn't need any kind of support or aid. She doesn't know any different so I'm hoping the fact she won't need any medical input with this that all will be fine but still nervous!

Good luck tomorrow. It is painless. Took a few hours for the three of us but all fine :-). We just chatted with other visa applicants :-)

My German wife got her IELTS results yesterday. Non UK, US, IE passport holders need to attain 4.5 points, or undertake Aussie state English courses for around $2000. Anyway, she got 6 points, which is a fantastic result.

So, we're just waiting on her IELTS received status, and our family medical tests. I think we're only a matter of days away from a grant.

Hoping to apply in the next few weeks, sadly though my occupation requires me to travel to Australia first for my skills assessment. Has anybody else had this experience?

I have seen that some people on this forum got almost everything filled out, IELTS, medical completed all well in advance, in some cases even before they submitted the EOI. Would any of you recommend this action? I like to be prepared/forewarned/fore-armed as I hate paperwork!

PS good luck to all.