189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

Vandeux - Let the waiting game begin for you guys! You shouldn't have to wait too long now...fingers crossed for you

Kellie23 - Good luck for the medicals which, I am sure it will be fine - Your daughters hearing impairment should not affect your application, as it is not exaclty going to cost the county huge costs in medical support etc.

jgroot - Glad it's all gone so smooth for you - let's hope you receive te good news soon :)

Chriscasse - You CAN NOT place an EOI without skills assessment and EOI as it requires the reference numbers from both. That is why we organise all of this before.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolbreeze, Sorry, my last post was poorly worded.

What I meant was, would anybody advise getting all the things out of the way such as medicals, police certificates, IELTS, etc done before the EOI? So that when the invitation is sent then all of the documents can be uploaded almost the same day.....without them actually being requested.

I am aware that I need to travel to Australia to obtain my skills assessment before submitting an EOI.

Edited by CaptainC

I certainly had most documents scanned in ready to go when I lodged, yes. I was just waiting to do the Medicals and PCC's after lodging as it is the date on these documents that dictate when you must arrive in Australia. In hindsight, as I am keen to go in July this year, I could have arranged all said times and front loaded them

Cheers Coolbreeze. The waiting for the Visa is almost done and then comes the lengthy wait to get on the flight :P

Chriscase, you could get it all done. The point about date of medicals and police checks being the date you have to validate your Visa is important. You may go out to get your skills assessed and then have to go out 6 months later to validate your visa. Could be tight. Just an idea.

we never had to fill out the form 81 or whatever its called that everyone talked about. never got requested and we got visa granted fine

Hi ya, just to let you know medicals went well (as far as we know) they said should not be a problem regarding my daughters hearing as she can hear perfectly with her one working ear and the doctor even said that they have had a child previously who didn't even have the actual ear there at all and all was fine. So now we join the waiting gang for that all important grant. Fingers toes and everything crossed.

good luck everyone xx

Thought I'd bring this post back up to the top...

Any updates from the January lodged gang? I imagine there are a few of you just 'waiting' for a decision from CO?

From me: Just waiting for Thai PCC's to arrive (ETA 13th March) - Our CO has been updating status to 'received' for any other additional docs uploaded within 1 day. Hopefully after Thai PCC we will have grant very quick after.

Where are the rest you at??

hey man.....was following up this forum since jan'14 and especiallu your comments coolbreeze :D

uploaded all the dox...status shows each doc as "Received".....CO asked for payslips,bank statement,form80 & medicals.....al uploaded and received within one day post uploading.......now waiting for the final thing....THE GRANT EMAIL :D

invited on 13-jan-14, loadged on 13-jan-14, CO on 12-feb-14, all dox including medicals on 28-Feb-14......now the waiting game is on ;)

We're a the same stage. All our final docs uploaded. Meds aren't yet "Received" though a new alert appears informing "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection." Which I understand means they've received our Medical reports.

So, hopefully Adelaide GSM Team 2 will do the honourable thing ASAP ;)

hey man.....was following up this forum since jan'14 and especiallu your comments coolbreeze :D

uploaded all the dox...status shows each doc as "Received".....CO asked for payslips,bank statement,form80 & medicals.....al uploaded and received within one day post uploading.......now waiting for the final thing....THE GRANT EMAIL :D

invited on 13-jan-14, loadged on 13-jan-14, CO on 12-feb-14, all dox including medicals on 28-Feb-14......now the waiting game is on ;)

Hey jagsforoz,

Hope all goes well, and yes, the waiting is horrible. I am, everyday, desperately wanting to call the Thai police department to check up on my certificates. Our medicals were uploaded on 20th Feb and then said 'received' on 28th Feb. I am pretty sure m whole future now depends on Thailand's police force.....

Not sure how I fell about that :)

I am so over the waiting now!! Have spent all day checking my emails in case OH has emailed me to say we've got it!! This is going to be a looooong week!!

:arghh:

I am certain you shouldn't be waiting too long now. I really thought we'd stay just one day apart (as with EOI, Lodge and CO appointment) BUT I think you and Vandeux will pip me to the post. Honestly, If you guys are around SA at any point in the future, get in contact!! :)

really man!!! unable to concentrate on work.....every single day i am checking my e-mail atleast 100 times lol!!!!!!!!!

hope you get your Thai PCC very very soon.........then we will be on same boat :P ..................."THE GRANT EMAIL" plz come soooooooooonnnnnnnn :D

keep posting buddy ;)

Davidrainey - my first trip to Oz will be when we move!! Fingers crossed in 181 days (1st September if I have done my Maths right and if the cats get their rabies all clear!). OH has been before so we're not going out there completely blind!! I know I'm going to freak out when we get the Visa - my poor OH!!!

Coolbreeze, if we're ever in the area we shall deffo go for a beer :-)

We got it!!!!!!!!

6 months from start to finish, what a slog! Hopefully it'll all have been worth it.

Credit to Adelaide GSM Team 2 who've been very efficient.

My advice for those still waiting for their Grant. Once your Work experience and Qualifications status has been changed to "Received" then the remaining documents are a mere formality, assuming there are no concerns or questions.

So anyone waiting for their police checks for example thinking of Thailand here ;) You're at the mercy of other bureaucracies, and once their system has processed it's own little chunk then for the GSM Teams they just want the right documents to process you as quickly as possible. Remember they have performance targets to meet.

Good luck to all the remaining January lodgements. I think our journey has only just begun :)

We got it!!!!!!!!

6 months from start to finish, what a slog! Hopefully it'll all have been worth it.

My advice for those still waiting for their Grant. Once your Work experience and Qualifications status has been changed to "Received" then the remaining documents are a mere formality, assuming there are no concerns or questions.

So anyone waiting for their police checks for example thinking of Thailand here ;) You're at the mercy of other bureaucracies, and once their system has processed it's own little chunk then for the GSM Teams they just want the right documents to process you as quickly as possible. Remember they have performance targets to meet.

Good luck to all the remaining January lodgements. I think our journey has only just begun :)

Huge congratulations x:cool:

We got it!!!!!!!!

Congratulations and all the best as a PR in Australia. When/where are you heading over? Or, are you already there?

We got it!!!!!!!!

Congrats man!!! ur timeline is giving me "fluttery" feeling....butterflies in stomach....heartbeat gone up!!:wink:

All the best !!!!!!!!

O.K people I can't take it anymore. I have been reading this thread religiously over the last few months for advise and it has been so useful and calming at times, when I've been unsure what to do. Anyway I had to post because I am sooooo close and the anticipation is killing me. I have added my time line below, everything is done I'm just waiting for the GRANTED email now. Is checking your emails at least a hundred times, even though you know it the middle of the night in oz, too much?

Eight years ago my partner and I had a dream to emigrate to oz, so I retrained and patiently gained work experience. I can't believe we are finally soooooo close, I feel sick :-)