189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers all,

Agent has said just PCC and Medicals. I have sent all the other paperwork through already and it seems we have ticked everything off the list :)

The best news is . . . . no Form 80!!!!!!!!!!! woooooo hooooooo

Hey congratulations how fantastic not long now, so hopefully we should get our case officer soonish xx

Does anyone know how to contact the department when you have not been assigned a CO? i have tried looking online but no email addres sor phone number (outside of australia)

I can't see any email address on my correspondence, don't depend on the phone number, I was once on it and was on hold about 30minutes, in the end I just gave up. Try the contact us in your immiaccount.

hey, wat exactly is form 80? I did my EOI for 189. expecting ita by 24th Feb.

I have already applied for PCC. Waiting for ITA to do medicals.

But wat exactly is form 80 that everyone looks worried abt? I havent seen anything like that in the aus immi website.

I am based in mumbai, india.

hey, wat exactly is form 80? I did my EOI for 189. expecting ita by 24th Feb.

I have already applied for PCC. Waiting for ITA to do medicals.

But wat exactly is form 80 that everyone looks worried abt? I havent seen anything like that in the aus immi website.

I am based in mumbai, india.

If you google form 80, the first result is the form itself, and can be found at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

Reading reports, it seems that immi are making this form compulsory, so it's worth getting a head start on it.

VISA IS DEFINITELY GRANTED- GOT THE EMAIL!!!!!! Entry prior to August 11, 2014!!! WOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

I uploaded form 80 and within couple of hours the grant came!!!! OMG, CANNOT BELIEVE I AM AN AUSSIE PR!!!!

Congratulation!!! What an amazing result! Melbourne is waiting for you now:) it's gonna be cold winter when you get here!

VISA IS DEFINITELY GRANTED- GOT THE EMAIL!!!!!! Entry prior to August 11, 2014!!! WOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

I uploaded form 80 and within couple of hours the grant came!!!! OMG, CANNOT BELIEVE I AM AN AUSSIE PR!!!!

Congratulations, really pleased for you. Australia has its newest permanent resident.

Thank you, Coolbreeze!! I am so chuffed! I logged into immi account and it had document status changed to received, and minutes later, i received the grant letter.

Yours will be very quick too. After medicals and form 80. I wasn't asked form 80 but i uploaded anyways. Was a task!

Can't wait for the january gang to get their visas!!!!

Thank you, Cherrygn. I can't wait!!! THe sad part is where I am now (Canada) is so so so cold and if i were to move in July, I will have had the winter for the better part of 12 months preceding my arrival in melbourne!! argh!

Already looking into jobs!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!

If you google form 80, the first result is the form itself, and can be found at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

Reading reports, it seems that immi are making this form compulsory, so it's worth getting a head start on it.

hey thanks... i can see why ppl seem to be hating the form 80.. just reading the questions took so much of my time...

Thank you, Coolbreeze!! I am so chuffed! I logged into immi account and it had document status changed to received, and minutes later, i received the grant letter.

Yours will be very quick too. After medicals and form 80. I wasn't asked form 80 but i uploaded anyways. Was a task!

Can't wait for the january gang to get their visas!!!!

hey! congrats on the grant!

so u print out the form 80, write in it, and then scan-upload it, is it?

im surprised that they dont have an online form for this.

correct me if im wrong.

Hey all! Congrats to those who have been granted PR!

:biggrin:

We submitted our EOI for 189 visa around 4th Jan 2014, got invited on 12th Jan 2014 and lodged on the same day. We didnt use an agent as they add $$$ to the cost and why when you can do it yourself?!

We had pretty much got most documents ready, so uploaded them straight away at the time of lodgement but we had to wait a bit for the police checks to come back and we needed a letter from our landlord for evidence of our defacto. We didnt get anything certified we uploaded colour scanned originals of all docs. Once we had police checks and letter from landlord we uploaded straight away.

Around this time a link popped up to organise the medicals and print off a referral letter which we did.

Sometime last week we had email that was headed "GSM Adelaide Team 4' opened it up and it was from our newly designated case officer hooray! He had attached an email that said what documents they needed. All that was required was Evidence of Health e.g medicals! We had these done on Tuesday (11th Feb) so are now just waiting to hear!

Its been so quick so far we cant believe it! Just hope it doesnt take too long for the medicals to come back! I read somewhere there is currently a back log but its hard to know!

So hopefully next time i post here we will have PR......GOOD LUCK to everybody else in the same boat xxx :wink:

OMG, all these grants are getting me EXCITED!!!! I lodge tomorrow (was awaiting payday!!!), everything ready to front load and medicals will be done next week! Congratulations everyone who has their grant, and good luck to those who are still waiting!!!!

I don't know how to do the timeline at the bottom, but this is mine currently:

TRA June 2011 - IELTS 20.12.13 - EOI 06.01.14 - Invitation 27.01.14 - Apply 20.02.14......

You're right, the exchange rate has proved very useful over the last few days. My CC was charged 3,280...Very happy :)

How are you progressing Vandeux? PCC and Meds arranged ?

I am having to wait for immi tech support to sort out an issue with our online account (unable to add docs for partner). I think I have uploaded everything needed (other than meds, PCC) for my part. Just need a CO to add all the docs outstadning....here's to waiting :)

Hi.. How do u know that case officer has been allotted

OMG, all these grants are getting me EXCITED!!!! I lodge tomorrow (was awaiting payday!!!), everything ready to front load and medicals will be done next week! Congratulations everyone who has their grant, and good luck to those who are still waiting!!!!

I don't know how to do the timeline at the bottom, but this is mine currently:

TRA June 2011 - IELTS 20.12.13 - EOI 06.01.14 - Invitation 27.01.14 - Apply 20.02.14......

Go to settings and change your signature.

Great news! Congrats. Get going. Police checks are easy to do. Medical people were busy so taking about 10 days to book. Form 80......you will love that :-). Just get into it and it isn't that bad. The holiday bit was the only tricky bit. No probs.

Keep us updated!!!

Great news! Congrats. Get going. Police checks are easy to do. Medical people were busy so taking about 10 days to book. Form 80......you will love that :-). Just get into it and it isn't that bad. The holiday bit was the only tricky bit. No probs.

Keep us updated!!!

Im going to go online and book meds in a min and we will go through the forms later today once kids are sorted, they r off on half term so bit manic at mo. Our house is on the market and I have a shipping company coming today to give us a quote so it's all systems go! Soooooo exciting xx