189 Visa Lodged January

tina0101

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my timeline so far:

27th Dec 2013 IELTS result. 27th Dec 2013 EOI submitted. 7th Jan 2014 skilled assessment (review) received. 13th Jan 2014 EOI invitation. Lodged application 20th Jan 2014. 21st Jan 2014 uploaded all docs. 24th Jan 2014 Medical.

I have to do a second test with my GP, but it turns out normal. Does anyone know that whether I would receive a notification from the Medibank (Melbourne) to confirm that I have passed my medical? Any help would be much appreciated.

We were told that we needed a HAP number from our CO to do medicals! I don't get how people can do theirs early without one.

As the above reply states, there is a link that says 'health examinations required' (something like that)and after answering the Yes/No questions you get the button that states 'print referral letter' - this contains the HAP ID. Your agent 'could' do this for you if you want to front load medicals

Here is my timeline so far:

27th Dec 2013 IELTS result. 27th Dec 2013 EOI submitted. 7th Jan 2014 skilled assessment (review) received. 13th Jan 2014 EOI invitation. Lodged application 20th Jan 2014. 21st Jan 2014 uploaded all docs. 24th Jan 2014 Medical.

I have to do a second test with my GP, but it turns out normal. Does anyone know that whether I would receive a notification from the Medibank (Melbourne) to confirm that I have passed my medical? Any help would be much appreciated.

How did you lodge yr EOI before u received yr skill assesment results?

How did you lodge yr EOI before u received yr skill assessment results?

Hi in3deep, I did my skill assessment when I apply for the graduate visa (I did not achieve the IELTS mark for PR so went for TR) . Therefore I already have the skilled assessment reference, and all I did was a review of my original assessment (received in a week).

Yeah I am . I was gonna front load but spoke to agent and he seemed reluctant. As it happens I have already done my police check as I needed it for QCT registration. That came back yesterday. Will order others this week I think. Then When CO is assigned I will book the meds.

Just hope it is the 3-6 week window for the CO!! Some are quicker and some are slower can;t predict

Hey guys,

I have applied for a EOI today 06/02/14 under General Accountant (221111) with 60 points. As the end of January there are still over 5000 spots available out of 9500. What are my odds getting an invite in the next round or two (10/02/14 or 24/02/14)??

I am new to here and I understand that it is a hard question to answer because its unpredictable nature. Would love to hear your experience or opinion in this matter?

@ coolbreeze, one guy from the forum next door has been contacted by co.

At least there is a movement already for jan application....

That is really good to hear. Im so pleased for him....I hope we all start getting one soon too.

I just want to know if I have uploaded everything they need, im so impatient!!!

Hi Everyone,

I lodged my application on 3rd of January- medicals were submitted to the DIAC by the panel doctor on 31st of January (all other documents were uploaded), but some say 'Received' and some say 'Required' (even though I have uploaded them!). I am assuming a CO has seen some of them and not the others.

However, to this date, no sign of a CO being allocated. Sigh! Any others with their stories?

C

Hi Everyone,

I lodged my application on 3rd of January- medicals were submitted to the DIAC by the panel doctor on 31st of January (all other documents were uploaded), but some say 'Received' and some say 'Required' (even though I have uploaded them!). I am assuming a CO has seen some of them and not the others.

However, to this date, no sign of a CO being allocated. Sigh! Any others with their stories?

C

If you have items saying 'received' then, yes, a CO has looked at them. Thus, you have a CO allocated??

If you have items saying 'received' then, yes, a CO has looked at them. Thus, you have a CO allocated??

Hi Coolbreeze, ONLY some items have the 'received' status, others still say 'required' (even though I have uploaded them). And CO has not looked at any of them. My medical link disappeared as soon as the medicals were submitted to the DIAC.

It's already been 4 weeks for me! My documents changed to Received status as soon as they were uploaded on the 7th, but other documents that were submitted after 7th still say 'required' status.

Anyway..if anyone has any updates, please share!

Update on my 189 application:

Have done my medical on the 24th Jan 2014, now in my Immiaccount it says:No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

All my documents are now display as received other than Health and Work experience (both status are as required). No CO has been allocated yet.

my timeline:

27th Dec 2013 IELTS result. 27th Dec 2013 EOI submitted. 7th Jan 2014 skilled assessment (review) received. 13th Jan 2014 EOI invitation. Lodged application 20th Jan 2014. 21st Jan 2014 uploaded all docs. 24th Jan 2014 Medical. 24th one medical test referred to my GP. 27th GP sent second test result to DIAC.

What I find confusing is this....

I uploaded the majority of my documents on 14th Jan and NONE say 'received', they all say 'required'. Anything I uploaded subsequently has simply said 'Required' next to it.

I have been told/advised and read on here that, the items say 'received' once a human being has actually 'received' and looked at them...

I am either completely wrong, or, people seem to have CO's after 2-3 days of lodging???? I am now really confused.