I Quit my job!!

Phoenix16

Think I just want to get it off my chest!! I've never ever in my whole life quit a job, a Pommie thing me thinks!!

I worked 9 to 2, 3 days a week in the centre of Freo, PERFECT!! Unfortunately not, I would actually say the 'bullying' world although I don't say it lightly, I'm a tough cookie and I can fight for my rights but phew!!! Funnily enough, I'd just completed 2 years service and was their longest serving member of staff at a time they are justifying their attrition rates to the board!! I refused to complete an exit interview, there simply was no point!!

Good news is, I feel like I've got my life back!!!!

Thanks for the kind words!! It means so much... I can honestly say no regrets!! As it's turned out Hubby need quite a serious op on his spinal column in the new year, so that's booked in for early jan and I'm here to be the nurse he dosnt want!! Surgeon says 4 days in hospital 2 weeks recovery at home, hubby thinks 1 day in hospital and at work 5 days later, my toughest challenge coming up!!

Think I just want to get it off my chest!! I've never ever in my whole life quit a job, a Pommie thing me thinks!!

I worked 9 to 2, 3 days a week in the centre of Freo, PERFECT!! Unfortunately not, I would actually say the 'bullying' world although I don't say it lightly, I'm a tough cookie and I can fight for my rights but phew!!! Funnily enough, I'd just completed 2 years service and was their longest serving member of staff at a time they are justifying their attrition rates to the board!! I refused to complete an exit interview, there simply was no point!!

I love this, why on earth do companies think you want to do this? if they cant work out why you left then more fool them.

Good for you! I hope something comes up when you need it. I'd be inclined to write directly to the Board and explain that you declined an exit interview but in your opinion, these are the things which could be improved to enhance employee retention, then list them dispassionately. Wait til you've got your reference from them first!

I love this, why on earth do companies think you want to do this? if they cant work out why you left then more fool them.

They don't really want to know why you leave!! Exit interviews are just a joke, it's a HR process that can only be effective if the company listens, I had nothing to lose, I was leaving and basically not in need of a future reference, but HR did ask me if I was leaving because if the 'common denominator', I.e shonkiest manager I've ever witnessed, I did say yes, but to put it down on paper would have possibly rendered me an embittered member of staff, despite the massive fall out rate, wasn't prepared to be that number,

Wow good for you! Xxx

Good for you. Sometimes the best action is to simply extract yourself from the situation and you have done that. Life too short.

Good for you. Wonder what area your in? All too common and quitting a job to retain your sanity is hardly a Pommy thing. Of course with the need for referees and the like many feel for obvious reasons to need to keep employers on side.

The job I had in oz, two years was pretty much max for employees too! Most people I know did wish to do the exit interview with HR involved, so they knew how bad the organisation/ management etc was. And so they know what they need to work on..they knew already but just helps when it's put in writing!

All too few feel they can't complain though if they want another job. They (the previous employer) can make it very difficult to move on giving out a negative reference over the phone, with the former employee being none the wiser, just thinking it strange that they are not getting interviews for jobs they are more than qualified for.

All too few feel they can't complain though if they want another job. They (the previous employer) can make it very difficult to move on giving out a negative reference over the phone, with the former employee being none the wiser, just thinking it strange that they are not getting interviews for jobs they are more than qualified for.

Most people had already got other jobs secured, so then handed their notice in...then exit interview.

Idiots

Their loss your gain

well done

Well done...

What were you doing?

Sorry to say this, but I was quite pleased to read this (sorry, I dont mean it) but I always wondered if we should have moved to Freemantle, we visited and loved it, a kind of laid back, hippy, chilled out friendly existence we thought....but based on your experience it just sounds like everywhere else in Australia!

Archived