Citizenship ceremony. What to wear?

VERYSTORMY

Guest Guest16631

.......where is it going to be,..?............this sometimes has a bearing.....

........and would also like to add my congratulations.............to you both.........!

Hi guys

We have our ceremony next week and haven't a clue what to wear. Is it a suit job or a smart casual or even get away with shorts and t-shirt? Help?

Everyone looked smart/casual - some men wore shirt and ties, all the children looked well dressed ... not a pair of shorts or thongs in sight lol. Have a lovely Ceremony Mr & Mrs VS

I can't remember what I wore, and for some reason I did not even take a photo! I think it was on, or around, Australia Day, 1983, at Chifley Square. I'm not sure if the Australian Government still have offices there now?

I think if I was doing it now, I would wear my (new) suit. (I bought my first suit for thirty years this year!)

Hi guys

We have our ceremony next week and haven't a clue what to wear. Is it a suit job or a smart casual or even get away with shorts and t-shirt? Help?

I would go for the suit , can I come and watch, maybe take plenty off pics for you guys .....?

VS have you been able to fly in and out on your UK passport since the application was approved? I ask because my OH is flying back to the UK in October and we are able to apply 1 July. How long will you have waited for your ceremony since application ?

No problems at all. I did two trips since the grant and they never said a word.

Archived