TV Presenter Arrested

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

The BBC says its veteran TV and radio presenter Paul Gambaccini has been arrested on suspicion of sexual offences.

The broadcaster said the 64-year-old Gambaccini, who has worked at the BBC for four decades and is one of Britain's best-known music presenters, was questioned on Tuesday.

The BBC said he was released on bail later that day.

Police didn't confirm the report, saying only that two men, aged 64 and 74, were arrested as part of an operation probing historical sexual abuse.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/19646292/bbc-host-held-on-suspicion-of-uk-abuse/

I am getting a little fed up with the media and what now appears to be a sensationalist witch hunt.Obviously, some have committed horrible crimes and are being duly convicted and some have not and are not, but their images are forever tarnished.

Innocent until proven guilty - oh my goodness, I agreed with Sprintman.

What did the media do wrong ?

Haven't they just reported the facts, ie his arrest and the reasons for the arrest.

I am talking about the media as a whole. It appeals to the lowest common denominator in people, the media keeps churning it out and the masses just lap it up.

Guest The Pom Queen
Actually the title of the thread has been changed, it said something completely different before.

Yes it was as I didn't think the title "another dirty filthy" was appropriate because, as you said, he hasn't been found guilty as yet.

Guest The Pom Queen
No ones names should be splashed over the media until they are PROVEN guilty. Things like that you can't just recover from.

Totally agree. Everyone will always think he is guilty even if he isn't. Look at Kevin Webster I will never look at him the same again.

I would just like to know when / where / will this witch hunt ever end ..... Poor jimmy Saville guilty or not, the guy can't even be dug up to defend himself, I agree with the majority innocent until proven guilty .......

I remember when I was at school a teacher made a pass at me, but FFS I wouldn't dream of reporting him to the police now, even if he's not already dead, the shock would kill him .....

Making a pass, isn't a crime, although highly inappropriate for a teacher.

But if a girl goes to the police and reports a crime - sexual assault or rape, of course the police must investigate, and lay charges if sufficient casue exists.

I think he had other ideas ... I was 14 and on a school trip, I remember running off and I jumped over a stream, didn't know I was that much of an athlete ..... Not a crime agreed, but not nice for a 14 year old virgin ...

I think he had other ideas ... I was 14 and on a school trip, I remember running off and I jumped over a stream, didn't know I was that much of an athlete ..... Not a crime agreed, but not nice for a 14 year old virgin ...

Well that sounds like a crime to me. If he tried to rape a 14 year old he is a sicko.

I would just like to know when / where / will this witch hunt ever end ..... Poor jimmy Saville guilty or not, the guy can't even be dug up to defend himself, I agree with the majority innocent until proven guilty .......

I remember when I was at school a teacher made a pass at me, but FFS I wouldn't dream of reporting him to the police now, even if he's not already dead, the shock would kill him .....

ha..he actually was dug up! His grave was getting too vandalised..so they moved him.

the worlds changed, the law may not of, but for all intents and purposes, these days people are guilty until proven innocent.

the media trash the human right to a trial, and are never brought to book on it.

and freedom of speech? if i were to directly offend an individual on a public forum, especially if they were able to prove themselves a minority, i could find myself arrested!

welcome to the new world huh

Archived