457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

Congratulations Niinstalls!!

Sarahsara, seems it can be done! Hopefully we haven't been assigned a CO who has just gone on holiday and our visas are just around the corner! Fingers crossed!

Yes congratulations on you're visa grant hope everything works out for you!! Yes Lou dower not long for us now!! Fingers crossed for this week!! Must be working threw the applications now!! Hope they get a shift on haha!

best of luck

x

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all!

We got our visa granted this morning! Now feeling a whole mix of emotions! Looking for flights this afternoon.

application submitted on 24th June 2013, Nomination approved on 3rd July 2013 Visa granted 17th July 2013 so 3 and a half weeks from start to finish!

Now it's action stations!!

Hope you all hear something very soon!

E & N x

Congratulations hope you and you're family will be very happy in Australia!! How exciting, can I ask did you complete the application or use an agent also where did you lodge it? I've lodged mine 11th June and still not heard anything! I shall be going to Perth! Anyway all the best over there xx

Sounds good! We are hoping to go on 28th August but we won't be unless we get our visa by 22nd July!! (We have to give 5 weeks advanced notice on things here). We are looking at being in Auchenflower for the first few months then Wynnum/Manly after that :) Exciting!

Congratulations hope you and you're family will be very happy in Australia!! How exciting, can I ask did you complete the application or use an agent also where did you lodge it? I've lodged mine 11th June and still not heard anything! I shall be going to Perth! Anyway all the best over there xx

We used my hubby's employers agent and the visa was lodged with the nomination at the same time on 24th June. Hope you both hear something soon x

Morning all!

We got our visa granted this morning! Now feeling a whole mix of emotions! Looking for flights this afternoon.

application submitted on 24th June 2013, Nomination approved on 3rd July 2013 Visa granted 17th July 2013 so 3 and a half weeks from start to finish!

Now it's action stations!!

Hope you all hear something very soon!

E & N x

Congratulations!!!! It's been 4 weeks for us today and heard nothing!!! Hope the move goes well for you and your new journey! Xx

Employer nomination approved, 457 visa + defacto partner (both British) application lodged 11th June with MA, still waiting for any kind of status change on the website, medicals not requested (yet!), maybe they can see I keep checking the status online thrice a day (at least) so are going to take their time!! Got flights on hold departing 5th August which need to be booked by 16th July as supposed to be starting job in Sydney on 13th August! So much to organise and so little time to do it in the closer the departure date gets ... just want approval now! Hate being in limbo! Lol!

11/06/2013 Application received - processing commenced

11/06/2013 Application fee received

Anybody had any experience or able to provide a 457 approval time frame for the Sydney office? MA says recently has been under 4 weeks, which for us should be by the end of next week (hopefully!) ...

:SLEEP:

I'm also in the process of a 457 and speaking to my MA today, I asked about submitting the visa and process times and was told that this time of year is crazy busy and would be submitting around August. Once this is done the turn around is pretty quick to receiving your visa. I hope so because I was supposed to start at the beginning of September! :laugh:

Well, I frantically checked my e-mails but no, nothing.....I'm even checking my spam folders to make sure I haven't missed it -saddo!!

:(

Hi any news for you yet? Still no news for me and I'm also checking my junk inbox just incase haha! Hopefully this week is our week I'm thinking positive so hopefully you have the good news soon!

Hi guys any update with ur applications, I was asked medicals n I sat for X-ray been a month now, and haven't heard anything since then , any ideas

Hi nope not heard anything over 6 weeks now, seems there is a massive back log of applications due to the changes that took place on the 1st July, I wouldn't worry too much just be patient I'm sure you're visa will be granted within the next few days if you have submitted you're xrays they will just have to make a decision just frustrating waiting isn't it. Best of luck hope it's soon, let us know how you get on..

Hi nope not heard anything over 6 weeks now, seems there is a massive back log of applications due to the changes that took place on the 1st July, I wouldn't worry too much just be patient I'm sure you're visa will be granted within the next few days if you have submitted you're xrays they will just have to make a decision just frustrating waiting isn't it. Best of luck hope it's soon, let us know how you get on..

Still haven't heard anything yet! I'm wondering why the nomination is taking so long!! AHHHHH :arghh:

Yea I think the same, it's more of depressing than frustrating , as I'm already working in a very good job employers are really good, I'm work really really hard. I got appreciations to save 6 figures amount in 5 months. I got a company to take home. The case officer indicated that she is happy to finaliZe ASAP , that was in mid of june we submitted everything in 4 days we were given only 7 days normally it is 28 days so I assumed that the CO I wants to approve that's y she gave 7 days. But nothing as yet they should approve it as its effecting my work thinking bout my future, it always happens genuine files get stuck n dodgy ones go through quickly.

Yea I think the same, it's more of depressing than frustrating , as I'm already working in a very good job employers are really good, I'm work really really hard. I got appreciations to save 6 figures amount in 5 months. I got a company to take home. The case officer indicated that she is happy to finaliZe ASAP , that was in mid of june we submitted everything in 4 days we were given only 7 days normally it is 28 days so I assumed that the CO I wants to approve that's y she gave 7 days. But nothing as yet they should approve it as its effecting my work thinking bout my future, it always happens genuine files get stuck n dodgy ones go through quickly.

Maybe try calling your case officer and see why the delay? I understand it's frustrating alot of us on here are going threw the same thing but just keep calm and positive knowing you will get your visa I don't see any reason why you shouldn't if like you say it's genuine, maybe you're case officer has taken some time off work for personal reasons etc i don't know and the only way you will is of u insinuate some contact regarding the hold up! Fingers crossed its approved soon. Keep us updated best of luck..

My app was submitted 20/6 and nothing has moved until today, it now says application being processed further. Fingers crossed!!

Good luck then! Hopefully it will be approved soon. :)

Sarahsara-no news my end, how about you? Sitting and waiting really isn't my style! Getting impatient! :)

Good luck then! Hopefully it will be approved soon. :)

Sarahsara-no news my end, how about you? Sitting and waiting really isn't my style! Getting impatient! :)

Nope no news!! Will be our day soon! I can't wait for the day to be over so I can check again tomorrow!! Awful waiting but I'm going with the theory no news is good news Lou so our visas are on there way!!

The message further processing commenced means you've been assigned a case officer so hopefully you're visa will be granted soon.. Fingers crossed for us all :)

My app was submitted 20/6 and nothing has moved until today, it now says application being processed further. Fingers crossed!!

Thats brilliant news! Fingers crossed! We also sent ours 20th June but have heard nothing. What job is it your being sponsored to do of you don't mind me asking?

03/07/13 medicals finalised. I have sent my references and insurance confirmation on the 5th oh july to MA. On 16/07/13 the immi web site said Information received which i belive is the references and insurance confirmation. Havent heard anything since. Kinda hoping to get approved this week...