457 Visa Timeline - June 2013 [Sydney]

jDv

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would share our timeline to see if anyone else has heard anything more on their application based out of the Melbourne office

have been advised that the processing standard times have gone out the window due to huge influx in applications for 457 in June in order to get in before the 1st July changes

27/5 application received and processing commenced

27/5 application fee received

4/7 further information received from MA

18/7 application processed further

nothing heard since!!!!!!

we are now sitting at 9.5 weeks and am from low risk country with no medical required as far as we are aware. Have been advised by immi that priority processing given to doctors and nurses applications ( which isn't us)

anyone have a similar time line or application date? Finding it impossible to find out how much longer we are likely to have to wait for grant.

Any info or experiences would very appreciated!!!!!

Edited by hubbardmonster

Finally ,my visa has been granted today .. I am so pleased .. Good luck everyone who is still waiting ...

Brilliant news congratulations! Seems they are really busy as someone mentioned earlier as everyone was trying to apply before the new changes!

still no news on my nomination so looks like Monday again now arrgghhhh nervous times ahead!

Hope for some good news soon and congrats to all who had visas approved

xx

Hubbardmonster - that does seem a ling wait considering you dont need medicals. I applied on 30may, had medical on 3rd june, results sent 10june and then visa finally granted on 10july. I had nearly a 6wk wait and im a nurse so mine might have been dealt with bit quicker, but it felt like a life time. Have you got a case officer? If so just keep emailing to ask bout your visa. Good luck. Jess

Well another day done and still no nomination grant!! So next week is week 5, dread to think how long my actual visa will take although this has been lodged just need to add all my evidence which will b done once I have the nomination grant!! Anyone had any news today? Will keep you updated hopefully next week will be my week haha x

No news today....now starting to chew my fingernails. We need to know so that we can actually get on with things, as opposed to moving things from room to room and not actually getting much done.

Well there's one thing, the charity shops have received approximately 10 bin liners of good quality clothes so far!!

Hi all, this is my first post to the site.

Hope you are all well congratulations to those who have their visa granted.

i am too waiting for our visa. Our MA sorted it for us, it was sent to the Brisbane office and lodged and paid for 20th June 2013. We are still waiting as the status is still processing commenced. We don't need medicals for my husbands work so its pretty straight forward. Again we are checking the status every morning and night!!!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. X

Well another day done and still no nomination grant!! So next week is week 5, dread to think how long my actual visa will take although this has been lodged just need to add all my evidence which will b done once I have the nomination grant!! Anyone had any news today? Will keep you updated hopefully next week will be my week haha x

Hey Sara, I think we are in the same boat! My nomination was lodged on the June 14th and I still haven't heard anything! Fingers Crossed for us both!

Hey Sara, I think we are in the same boat! My nomination was lodged on the June 14th and I still haven't heard anything! Fingers Crossed for us both!

yes it does sound the same! I've just checked and still no news!! Keep me updated on you're process, where is it you're heading? Hope we both get the good news soon!!

yes it does sound the same! I've just checked and still no news!! Keep me updated on you're process, where is it you're heading? Hope we both get the good news soon!!

Im currently based in Melbourne. Was originally working part time on a working holiday visa but got offered a full time position :) How about yourself ?

I just hope this nomination gets sorted out soon coz its doing my head in :(

Im currently based in Melbourne. Was originally working part time on a working holiday visa but got offered a full time position :) How about yourself ?

I just hope this nomination gets sorted out soon coz its doing my head in :(

Yeh it's winding me up tracking it every hour and not seeing anything different! Will be living in Perth, have u filed you're part of the visa application? We have but not yet uploaded all the evidence, hoping once the nomination gets granted the wait for the actual visa won't take as long but then again I didn't think the nomination would take 5 weeks as the employer has sponsored people before! A few people have mentioned with the changes that came into effect on 1st July that alot of people put in for their visa to avoid paying the new charges so maybe that's holding our applications up! Are you using an agent? We are doing it ourselves!

Hope you hear something soon I have a feeling maybe our nomination will be processed at the same time! One more thing do you have a case officer yet? I still don't!?!

best of luck!!!

Yeh it's winding me up tracking it every hour and not seeing anything different! Will be living in Perth, have u filed you're part of the visa application? We have but not yet uploaded all the evidence, hoping once the nomination gets granted the wait for the actual visa won't take as long but then again I didn't think the nomination would take 5 weeks as the employer has sponsored people before! A few people have mentioned with the changes that came into effect on 1st July that alot of people put in for their visa to avoid paying the new charges so maybe that's holding our applications up! Are you using an agent? We are doing it ourselves!

Hope you hear something soon I have a feeling maybe our nomination will be processed at the same time! One more thing do you have a case officer yet? I still don't!?!

best of luck!!!

yes our company has also sponsored people in the past so I don't understand why it is taking so long. Luckily work has helped me out with the application with their MA. They've submitted everything on my behalf, and I think the only thing that's outstanding is my Medicals which I may not need. I spoke to the MA today and its true that there is a massive backlog so normal processing time is out of the window.

I'm not sure if I have a case officer yet as I didn't want to keep asking lol.. Have you got one yet? Our timing should be the same!

Thinking Positive for us both! :)

yes our company has also sponsored people in the past so I don't understand why it is taking so long. Luckily work has helped me out with the application with their MA. They've submitted everything on my behalf, and I think the only thing that's outstanding is my Medicals which I may not need. I spoke to the MA today and its true that there is a massive backlog so normal processing time is out of the window.

I'm not sure if I have a case officer yet as I didn't want to keep asking lol.. Have you got one yet? Our timing should be the same!

Thinking Positive for us both! :)

Nope no case officer as of yet!! So it's still at the minute sat waiting!! When the update says further processing commenced that's when you have been assigned a case officer according some other people's experiences! Yes definatly stay positive and really hope this week will be the week haha, will keep you updated :)

Has anyone had an update this week so far? I was hoping this would be my week (now 4 1/2 weeks since application) : ((

Hi

no! No progress as of yet I'm on my 5th week and 1 day starting to get really anxious now waiting but suppose that's all we can do wait wait and wait!! No news is good news so think positive and u will soon have ur visa and this will be a distant memory ha!! Good luck and hope you have some news soon!

Keep us updated as will I :)

Morning all!

We got our visa granted this morning! Now feeling a whole mix of emotions! Looking for flights this afternoon.

application submitted on 24th June 2013, Nomination approved on 3rd July 2013 Visa granted 17th July 2013 so 3 and a half weeks from start to finish!

Now it's action stations!!

Hope you all hear something very soon!

E & N x