Short sighted...?

paul1977

Why is it that everyone seems to have so many holidays cars and nights out? Stratford is buzzin every night and people seem o have plenty to spend...in fact I would say people seem to have more possessions new cars and disposable income than ever.

Thanks to the Coalition ? One minute you say the 'Nasty Party' has hit the working man and then you say they seem to have more disposable income than ever before.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many of you have read the whole article?

just spent the past 25 mins reading it.....there is no doubt some of what is said is true....you cant argue with facts....however there is a considerable amount of scaremongering taking place culminating in a headline of "let us show you how to preserve your wealth"....but to get this info you have to register with them to be advised of investments they say are safe and could possibly even earn you a nice tidy sum......in doing so you get 3 free issues....however they have concealed amongst all the fanfare that you have to pay £89.95 for the pleasure and if your not completely happy with the magazine you can cancel at anytime....Im sure some will....but like a lot of this stuff some people will forget or wont be bothered and then on top of that all the bl##dy unauthorized sales calls and emails you will receive when this company sells on your info.

Im not slating the facts...most of the facts are true...but these are just trying to cash in on the furore of it all.

just spent the past 25 mins reading it.....there is no doubt some of what is said is true....you cant argue with facts....however there is a considerable amount of scaremongering taking place culminating in a headline of "let us show you how to preserve your wealth"....but to get this info you have to register with them to be advised of investments they say are safe and could possibly even earn you a nice tidy sum......in doing so you get 3 free issues....however they have concealed amongst all the fanfare that you have to pay £89.95 for the pleasure and if your not completely happy with the magazine you can cancel at anytime....Im sure some will....but like a lot of this stuff some people will forget or wont be bothered and then on top of that all the bl##dy unauthorized sales calls and emails you will receive when this company sells on your info.

Im not slating the facts...most of the facts are true...but these are just trying to cash in on the furore of it all.

True.. But they are trying to run a business I suppose.. The article still worries me nonetheless!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Jeez that's a worrying article.

When they said they likened the UK to the Titanic, I thought that was a bit melodramatic, lol.

Spot on, gullible people will read the article and think the sky is falling and sign up for whatever it is they are selling.

When they said they likened the UK to the Titanic, I thought that was a bit melodramatic, lol.

yeah, ..................no icebergs in the UK yet, despite the gloomy weather reports.......................did someone mention UK weather? ..................cue PB

the article wouldnt look out of place on one of those TV shopping channels....."but wait!....theres more" etc etc

the facts are not up for debate....how they are presented is my issue and they are without doubt as was suggested, not impartial......its just scaremongering and sensationalizing in epic proportions.......as well as trying to sell you something.

Jeez that's a worrying article.

Paul , get your head out of your arse ....i have been receiving e mails from an american company for 3 years saying exactly the same thing ......stop fretting , you live in perth .......you should worry about china hitting major problems , as has just been announced on CNN ......if one goes , we all go

I know very little about finance but there are there are that many vested interests in london it wouldnt be allowed to fail

At least it stated that the coalition have tried to tidy up the mess .....to halt the bloody runaway train ....or shall we borrow some more money ?

No, they will borrow more than Labour did in 13 years and they had GFC to contend with as well

Yeah,"still" labours fault that the coalition are borrowing more than Labour did,ok yeah....

I agree. The public sector should be cut back to the size it was pre-1997. Then the UK might have a chance at generating a surplus to repay the deficits accumulated by the last administration.

Best regards.

Yeah,"still" labours fault that the coalition are borrowing more than Labour did,ok yeah....

In simple terms then.. If you divorce you still pay for your wife long after its done. Remember they had 12 years in power. It's a very long time. And if they have done a wonderful job why you moving to Australia.

It is such a shame to read posts where people are so ready tyo put down their country of origin. True the UK has its issues and there are things that could always be changed. However, if you look at any place there will be issues, something that you do not like. It is true that the UK has been in a very bad recession and there are positive signs that it is coming out of it, be that slow signs at the moment. All you need to do is look at the exchange rate of the pound against the dollar, to see positive signs.

The UK is not finished by a long short there is still a bit of life left in the old dog yet.

In simple terms then.. If you divorce you still pay for your wife long after its done. Remember they had 12 years in power. It's a very long time. And if they have done a wonderful job why you moving to Australia.

Probably for the weather like most people.

Thats how i felt,they ARE running a business,the facts/stats look very worrying tho!

That's what I thought too at the end, when they try and get you to buy a subscription. They also point out how many great people they have working for them. If their previous predictions were so good the people that are still working should all be sat on their bum, somewhere nice, soaking up the sun, not still working for money week, or whatever it was.

When you see articles like this with all the facts and graphs with it it's powerful stuff though. The stories about what really happens when banks collapse and the economy goes bad are eye opening. I've heard the term "financial meltdown" used too much ever since the GFC without ever thinking about what really happens. You get the feeling that everything will carry on exactly the same but, having seen on the news, people queuing outside banks in Cyprus and stories about people not being able to get their money it brings it home a bit. I was too young, or not interested, when other countries like Argentina were going through the nightmare, so didn't take much interest. I can remember the 70's and how bad it was.

People weren't nearly as well off then though so a little tightening of belts was probably a bit easier to take. My parents had lived through the war so a little bit of financial hardship wouldn't have seemed too bad.

Now people expect to do better than their parents, have mobiles, a car, a house, laptops. A lot harder to tighten the belt now. A lot of people wouldn't know how to cope if they had to lose their mobile phone.:cry:

The whole makeup of the UK's population has changed too, which is more of a worry IMO. There are loads more people now who don't want to tighten their belts a bit for the good of the country, those are the ones that will affect the social structure if things get bad.

It is such a shame to read posts where people are so ready tyo put down their country of origin. True the UK has its issues and there are things that could always be changed. However, if you look at any place there will be issues, something that you do not like. It is true that the UK has been in a very bad recession and there are positive signs that it is coming out of it, be that slow signs at the moment. All you need to do is look at the exchange rate of the pound against the dollar, to see positive signs.

The UK is not finished by a long short there is still a bit of life left in the old dog yet.

'tis a shame you changed "dag" to "dog", as the UK can be a tad daggy ... :-)

Best regards.

So that shows you what a bloody mess got left behind. God help the uk if labour have another bash at it.

And reverting to the Labour Party is the most likely outcome in 2015, is it not?

As that notable journal, The Sun, said at the 1992 election in contemplation of a LP/Kinnock victory, will the last person to leave the country turn the light out?

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/pictures/image/0,9353,-10104389507,00.html

Best regards.

Archived