Short sighted...?

paul1977

In simple terms then.. If you divorce you still pay for your wife long after its done. Remember they had 12 years in power. It's a very long time. And if they have done a wonderful job why you moving to Australia.

I think you will find the Tories have run out of ideas and are now going with the old chestnut of 'we'll blow house prices up again, and then everyone will feel richer'. All the problems we have started with Thatcher, not Blair - although he certainly didn't help. So if you want to blame anyone, blame her. To be fair to all parties, given the trouble in Europe, it would have been hard for any of them to make progress.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you will find the Tories have run out of ideas and are now going with the old chestnut of 'we'll blow house prices up again, and then everyone will feel richer'. All the problems we have started with Thatcher, not Blair - although he certainly didn't help. So if you want to blame anyone, blame her. To be fair to all parties, given the trouble in Europe, it would have been hard for any of them to make progress.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you'll find that the UK under Mrs T wasn't run at a budget deficit year after year ... she was (so far as I recall) a believer in living within your means.

The present incarnation of the Tory Party have not had the b****s to make tough decisions on cutbacks, blaming their inability to take the tough but necessary action on being in coalition.

Best regards.

so let's blame a women who's dead. Who then in your opinion should run the show...? And the IMF, Bank of England think the government are on the right track, stop listening to edd balls and listen to people who know more

so let's blame a women who's dead. Who then in your opinion should run the show...? And the IMF, Bank of England think the government are on the right track, stop listening to edd balls and listen to people who know more

It doesn't matter who is in government.

Oh yes it does

Well it doesn't really. The govt just controls who hurts. The recovery will happen regardless of who is in power. Just like the GFC would have happened if the Tories were in power. If you disbelieve that then you are a fool.

What happened to the financial sector under Thatcher? Did it shrink? It wasn't necessarily a criticism. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Hell, maybe it was. Kept us going for a long time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you'll find that the UK under Mrs T wasn't run at a budget deficit year after year ... she was (so far as I recall) a believer in living within your means.

The present incarnation of the Tory Party have not had the b****s to make tough decisions on cutbacks, blaming their inability to take the tough but necessary action on being in coalition.

Best regards.

I agree. The public sector should be cut back to the size it was pre-1997. Then the UK might have a chance at generating a surplus to repay the deficits accumulated by the last administration.

Best regards.

Yeah well theyre doing it,cutting "front line "staff left right and centre to pay back the deficit,cutting public spending in health,education,policing,welfare etc,yet the debt is estimated to be 1.5 trillion soon,so harder to generate a surplus while paying that back,especially without growth,which is what they were left with

Osbourne agreed with Labours spending plans up until 08,so im not sure the situation would have been "that" much different even if the tory party would have reigned in spending after the gfc hit.

Regards pablo

In simple terms then.. If you divorce you still pay for your wife long after its done. Remember they had 12 years in power. It's a very long time. And if they have done a wonderful job why you moving to Australia.

What has my wanting to move to aus got to do with what the Labour party did or didnt do?

What year will the tory party and the tory voters accept responsibility d'yer think,10 yrs time,20?

Theres a thread called "thatchers dead" or similar on here,do a search if youre that arsed,my view points havent changed since then,i cba going over it all again here,especially when youre coming out with absolute toffee like the highlighted,wtf!

Well it doesn't really. The govt just controls who hurts. The recovery will happen regardless of who is in power. Just like the GFC would have happened if the Tories were in power. If you disbelieve that then you are a fool.

Ok with the bnp running the country then...? There a legal political party

This government are useless and if the bookies are correct are heading for a massive defeat at the next election.....they are privatising the NHS, they will not invest to boost growth like the USA have done and are seeing the fruits....they do not care for the working man but only feather the nest of their fat pals...bankers and anyone with an income over one million a year total inept useless government.

This government are useless and if the bookies are correct are heading for a massive defeat at the next election.....they are privatising the NHS, they will not invest to boost growth like the USA have done and are seeing the fruits....they do not care for the working man but only feather the nest of their fat pals...bankers and anyone with an income over one million a year total inept useless government.

If people vote ukip at the next election, they are voting for a tory ukip coalition next time round

If people vote ukip at the next election, they are voting for a tory ukip coalition next time round

That would be horrendous....recession would really set in and the working man would really suffer, cameron and his fat mates can afford private education and health...they do not give a flying toss for the man on the street..

Archived