Why is Perth so Boring, Expensive?

StevieF8

Guest guest17301
$50 dollars for a night out in Perth...lol.....where did you go fiona? The local takeaway.

What can I say, I don't need to spend a lot to have fun..inventive you see....maybe its the company too...irish girl can talk the hind leg of a donkey... dont rely on vast quantities of overpriced booze and pay entry into overated dives...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a little like losing one's virginity. First time it's a big deal....but gets easier each time after that......psychology is a very over subscribed study these days......hope your eldest expectations matches the reality....

She is only 15 so may well change her mind although given some recent exposure to depression, anxiety and suicide amongst very close friends she has emerged as a bit of a rock for some of her friends. I think she would be quite good at it but who knows. You know what teenagers are like, she may well want to be a beauty therapist tomorrow!

Bottle of beer in Perth CBD = $7

$50 = 7 bottles of beer......

Not enough for a whole 'night out' but then I wouldn't go into town with only £35 in my pocket either

If people don't want to get ripped off with drinks then drink the local stuff.....no point going 10,000 miles and drinking something imported from Ireland, then complaining about the price

wow i didnt even realise you had sea world and wet n wild over there! stupid question but whats movieworld? learn something new every day! :laugh:

i dont think we have any decent theme parks in scotland, its all ones like alton towers and thrope in england. not my kind of thing though, im a big scaredy cat!

Just to go a bit further offtopic...........:wubclub:

i love rides,i went on this the night of me wedding to my ex,after a full day on the ale,superb it was,the fellah who ran the ride got on it with me(she wouldnt),after it finishes yer just hanging in the air,but he showed me how to spin it,yer just threw yer arms forward and legs back,span like a yo yo,loved it!like a big kid me:laugh:

[YOUTUBE]5ddRuTZzfrE[/YOUTUBE]

Just to go a bit further offtopic...........:wubclub:

i love rides,i went on this the night of me wedding to my ex,after a full day on the ale,superb it was,the fellah who ran the ride got on it with me(she wouldnt),after it finishes yer just hanging in the air,but he showed me how to spin it,yer just threw yer arms forward and legs back,span like a yo yo,loved it!like a big kid me:laugh:

[YOUTUBE]5ddRuTZzfrE[/YOUTUBE]

my idea of a nightmare! daves mate went on one of those, think it was at the T in the park festival. no thank you!! i went to florida and hardly went on a thing, waste of money. i hurt my back on a rollercoaster a long time ago, was at a local amusement park thats crap, every summer one of the rides break down! hopefully the rollercoasters a bit smoother now but i dont think i'll be going back to find out..

Guest guest17301

Just to say 7 bottles of beer in one night is more than enough! How much do you need! 4 drinks would be my limit and a few soft....Ive gone home with change from $50! Just drinks I mean, no meal....train home..or lift...no probs. OH used to complain when I gave him his 30 quid for a night out in UK too...had his own little secret stash and used to come in wrecked.....tut tut....the root of all evil is alcohol....

Not enough for a whole 'night out' but then I wouldn't go into town with only £35 in my pocket either

If people don't want to get ripped off with drinks then drink the local stuff.....no point going 10,000 miles and drinking something imported from Ireland, then complaining about the price

You kidding me, what type kf beer can you get out in a bar fir $7 dollars schooner glass of Hoegaarden, Leffe Blond or Leffe Brune at the Belgian Beer Cafe on Murray St will set you back $19 dollars, never drank the Aussie beer as it tastes just crap.

wow i didnt even realise you had sea world and wet n wild over there! stupid question but whats movieworld? learn something new every day! :laugh:

i dont think we have any decent theme parks in scotland, its all ones like alton towers and thrope in england. not my kind of thing though, im a big scaredy cat!

As you know I think a picture is worth a thousand words :)

Sea World

sw_Aerial_01_72dpi.jpg

Wet n Wild

690395-wet-039-n-039-wild-water-world-aqualoop.jpgWet-n-wild.jpg

Movie World

MovieWorldEntrance.jpg

stunt-man-show.jpg

lethal-weapon-the-ride4%5B2%5D.jpg

Guinness is nearly the cheapest draught ale on pubs

Guest guest17301
You kidding me, what type kf beer can you get out in a bar fir $7 dollars schooner glass of Hoegaarden, Leffe Blond or Leffe Brune at the Belgian Beer Cafe on Murray St will set you back $19 dollars, never drank the Aussie beer as it tastes just crap.

No way, Ive drank there had Leffe it was NOT $19!!!!!!

Just to say 7 bottles of beer in one night is more than enough! How much do you need! 4 drinks would be my limit and a few soft....Ive gone home with change from $50! Just drinks I mean, no meal....train home..or lift...no probs. OH used to complain when I gave him his 30 quid for a night out in UK too...had his own little secret stash and used to come in wrecked.....tut tut....the root of all evil is alcohol....

Gave him £30 ,yer mingebag:mad::laugh:,a day in town yer need a minimum about £70,whisky is good for me,it thins me blood......:wubclub:

Guest guest17301

thats what I dont get...a day of drinking at the footy followed by an evening of the same?? Id be dead..OH cant wait to go back to do that because he knows I cant whinge when its a once every 4 yr deal:laugh:

Guest guest17301
I'm quite partial to the odd stiletto myself but prefer not to actually be walked on with them......

I only wear thongs...:dull:

Drink Oz beer and it's cheaper than the stuff you have named there.....

You can't complain about the price if you are drinking imported ales....drink Carling in the UK and it's cheaper than Stella & Heineken

Imported beers are always more expensive

BTW - The Quarter on Hay, $7 for a bottle of Little Creatures

Hi Paps, sorry am also going off topic, here is a link to a new ride we have at Wonderland, OMG I went on it and was scared out of my life. This clip is very funny as it is an Australian DJ going on it....he works in Canada now....enjoy

Cheers

Karen

wow i want to go to movieworld!! looks like universal studios, loved it there.

i agree with fiona - 7 beers is more than enough! around £30 does me if im going on a local night out, i'll take around 60 if i was to go to glasgow or somewhere like that. im glad i dont drink much, dont know how men can spend near 100 on a boozy night out! theres so much better stuff to spend it on... like clothes or shoes :laugh:

I paid $9 a 440 ml can in Adelaide mate,went on the Tooheys old!

7 bucks a pint in my local and around most pubs , ale is taxed per strength so about 4% is gonna be cheaper than the 5.2 lager stuff. Drink a lot I pale ale here at home and I do the odd brew at ubrewit microbrewery

Archived