Skillselect and chances for invite

voxtro

Guest Levimouse

Hi aldini

If you are applying for a visa that requires state sponsorship e.g 190 then you cannot be invited until you have that sponsorship. Once you have your sponsorship and a lodged EOI you will get invited straight away.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen
Yes applicants that have been approved for State Nomination are getting invited straight away - but due to the skillselect sytem not up and running properly yet - no one will be able to lodge any applications until 11 August.

My clever wifey has only gone and just passed her Ielts exam!

Ange, you're a brill lady and we all love you loads!!!!!!!! Si. Xxxxx

That's great news, congratulations Ange xx

Haven't heard anything from WA. I mailed them last week to inquire about the processing time and they replied that I should wait for the criteria to be announced. Well the criteria was announced on the 11th and still there is no "processing time" on the website or any communication.

We will just have to wait :dull:

Hi,

You are right. Wait is all that we can do. Yours should arrive first as you have applied on 2nd. Eagerly waiting to hear some good news for you ppl who applied earlier. Only then I can be a bit optimistic about myself. Fingers and toes Crossed!!!!

Guest aidini
Hi aldini

If you are applying for a visa that requires state sponsorship e.g 190 then you cannot be invited until you have that sponsorship. Once you have your sponsorship and a lodged EOI you will get invited straight away.

how could we make sure that we are among those selected ones?

And, where have you read that those who have not got their sponsorship letter will not be invited? I could not find it in the 1119 Booklet.

Edited by aidini

Is the SS still valid?

You will need to contact NT direct to ask this - if it is you will need to provide them with your EOI Id so that they can nominate you so you can receive an invitation to apply.

Thank for the msg. I chkd with NT they specified that ther are in process of finalizing their policy on NT nominations for new visa sub classes after which they would finalize the nomination.

NOT CLEAR WHAT EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!. I chkd their website it specifies new Visa Sub Classes. Shall write again.

Dear Levimouse

Thanks for your support. Cld you touch base on this with NT.

BTW I applied to NT long back and it took arounf 30 weeks for sponsorship. I guess i did'nt paid any fees.

Do you have any update on this

Guest Levimouse

Hi PTK

How frustrating about NT. I'm really sorry but I am no expert on this subject and really only know the rules for WA.

I think your best bet would be to email NT asap with your sponsorship reference details and request that they update you on the situation.

I cannot remember whether you had done an EOI already but if I were you I would lodge an EOI stating you want NT sponsorship.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi,

We received approval for our Victoria SS application yesterday. We lodged our application in March (I think), we only uploaded our skills assessment with them at the start of July. Our EOI is lodged so we are now waiting for invite. I am doing IELTS (General) on Friday for more points (as we weren't sure we'd get SS), we currently have 60 now (with SS). If I don't receive invite before Friday and get 8's overall in IELTS can I upload these results (10more points) to our visa application if the date of exam is prior to invitation? Also am I guaranteed an invitation since I have SS? I won't get the money back from IELTS now so I may aswell do it.

Has anybody received state sponsorship after 1 July 2012? or just applied and waiting for invitation?

I have :smile:

My SS application for NSW was lodged at the beginning of July and yesterday I received an invitation to apply so they managed to turn that around quite quickly. So now I'm just waiting for 11th Aug to be able to complete the application. Sooo excited!!

Guest alanandemma176

Hi Whelehan

Be very careful and dont submit your application untill you have your IELTS in place as they wont allow you to submit it after your application goes in, sadly having SS doesn't mean you will be automatically be invited to apply as it will go on the Occupational limits of the occupation you selected from the CSOL, they will be publishing a list of the Occupations and points scored by the people who have been invited to apply every month starting from August, this will give you an idea about how likely you are to get an invite for example if they have a max number of applications of 1k for builders for instance they will take the 1k highest scoring applicants, so if 1k applicants have 70 points then 60 points wont be invited until the next round and then only if there arn't higher scoring applicants.

While this is what I would say is not the most positive of ways of thinking, you need to be at least aware of what might happen, I would always do the IELTS as our first application failed because we assumed that being born and educated to degree level in english would give you the top marks for english ie superior, this was a very expensive mistake and one that meant that we have had to apply for SS again through the new EOI process and probably have to have another expensive medical, so just make sure you cross your I's and dot your T's, good luck

we have lodged our EOI with our IELTS score 8.5, lodged application for SS with SA and we have 70 points, we did have 80 points with the pre 1st July process but I hit 40 so lost 10

Hi alanandemma176, thank you for your post. This will be my second time doing the IELTS, I originally did the Academic test and received, 9,8,7.5,9 so because I got 7.5 in the reading I missed out on ten points (20 for all 8's). As it stands right now I have 60points and had assumed I would received an invite to lodge since I have Vic SS (from what our agent tells me and from reading this forum). I was just doing the IELTS again to get another 10 points in case we were refused SS.

Also, we were about to lodge a 175 at the end of June but CPA Australia wouldn't recognize my work experience because I had to one of their exams to get a positive assessment (they deemed me to only qualify post doing their exam and then any work experience became n/a), so that all meant we lost 10 points and couldn't lodge at that time. Luckily we had the VIC SS in the background and that became our Plan B.

Hi Sir,

I am looking for australian immigration under skillselect. I have over 8 years of IT experience and my ACS (Developer Pogrammer 261312) is done successfully. Also I got my IELTS score (L-8.5, R-7.0,W-7.5 and S-6.0) with overall 7.5, but my english ability will be counted at 6.0 (competent) level only.

Now my points test give me 60 points

Abhishek,

Why do you say that your ielts score would be counted as 6 and you will not receive any points for that in spite of you having an overall score of 7.5 which qualifies you for 10 points.

Cheers,

VK

Guest abhishek
Hi Whelehan

Be very careful and dont submit your application untill you have your IELTS in place as they wont allow you to submit it after your application goes in, sadly having SS doesn't mean you will be automatically be invited to apply as it will go on the Occupational limits of the occupation you selected from the CSOL, they will be publishing a list of the Occupations and points scored by the people who have been invited to apply every month starting from August, this will give you an idea about how likely you are to get an invite for example if they have a max number of applications of 1k for builders for instance they will take the 1k highest scoring applicants, so if 1k applicants have 70 points then 60 points wont be invited until the next round and then only if there arn't higher scoring applicants.

While this is what I would say is not the most positive of ways of thinking, you need to be at least aware of what might happen, I would always do the IELTS as our first application failed because we assumed that being born and educated to degree level in english would give you the top marks for english ie superior, this was a very expensive mistake and one that meant that we have had to apply for SS again through the new EOI process and probably have to have another expensive medical, so just make sure you cross your I's and dot your T's, good luck

we have lodged our EOI with our IELTS score 8.5, lodged application for SS with SA and we have 70 points, we did have 80 points with the pre 1st July process but I hit 40 so lost 10

Hi,

I would like to know how much applicant will be invited every month will it be a fixed number suppose 1k?

I have applied for 189 visa on 01st July, with 60 points in (2613) category i.e. Software Engineer. Here the ceiling is 5610.

What are my chances of getting 189 visa?

Abhi

Abhishek,

Why do you say that your ielts score would be counted as 6 and you will not receive any points for that in spite of you having an overall score of 7.5 which qualifies you for 10 points.

Cheers,

VK

VCK, IELTS points for Australian immigration are not based on the overall score they are based on the individual scores. To get 10 points you need at least 7.0 in each of the four sections. To get 20 points you need at least 8.0 in each of the four sections. Although IELTS provide an overall score this has no relevance for Australian immigration (perhaps some other countries or institutions use it for something). Please don't post misleading advice.

Edited by Ken

Guest aidini

I have been assessed as "Instrumentation and Control Engineer" ANZSCO 233999 (Engineering Professionals not elsewhere classified), and the limit is 540 for 2339. Unfortunately, this code contains 7 subgroups,so in best case 77 applicants may be selected from 233999 till July 2013.

I need to get state sponsorship in order to pass 60 points. So, do you think choosing a specific state would be determinant and effective?

(I have applied for South Australia sponsorship)

Guest aidini

South Australia immigration webpage:

"The standard processing time for state nomination applications is 8 weeks (this can change depending on the number of applications on hand at Immigration SA). This page is regularly updated with current processing times."

Does it mean that applicants will not be nominated for the first round?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi alanandemma176, thank you for your post. This will be my second time doing the IELTS, I originally did the Academic test and received, 9,8,7.5,9 so because I got 7.5 in the reading I missed out on ten points (20 for all 8's). As it stands right now I have 60points and had assumed I would received an invite to lodge since I have Vic SS (from what our agent tells me and from reading this forum). I was just doing the IELTS again to get another 10 points in case we were refused SS.

Did you take the General IELTS test the second time? If yes - did you find the reading/writing part easier than the Academic IELTS test?

• 1 month later...

Hi my hubby has 55 points on a 190 & we have just applied for Vic SS. He has submitted his EOI, (but lost 5 points as we ticked yes for something that should have been no, so we did have 60 when we applied for SS until we realised, hence y we lost 5 points)) Do you know if the 5 points for SS are included in the 55 points calculated by EOI or do you get the 5 points on a successful SS outcome? He is sitting his IELTS for the 3rd time on saturday to boost his points as we are not sure,,,,,try'n to get 8's,,,Not easy.lol,

Any help would be Gr8

Tracey

Hi my hubby has 55 points on a 190 & we have just applied for Vic SS. He has submitted his EOI, (but lost 5 points as we ticked yes for something that should have been no, so we did have 60 when we applied for SS until we realised, hence y we lost 5 points)) Do you know if the 5 points for SS are included in the 55 points calculated by EOI or do you get the 5 points on a successful SS outcome? He is sitting his IELTS for the 3rd time on saturday to boost his points as we are not sure,,,,,try'n to get 8's,,,Not easy.lol,

Any help would be Gr8

Tracey

you get 5 points upon being approved for state sponsorship.

Hi Tracey, we are in a pretty similar dilema, although I've just received a refusal on our 175 lodged in May so have to start the process again - with lawyer's help I think this time. I have read on the Vic gov site that you have to apply for SS before submitting your EOI therefore would take this as including the 5pts in the overall mark.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/225920/State-Nomination-Occupation-List-for-Victoria-September-2012.pdf

If I am mislead then I'll have to have my husband resit the IELTS too as he scored 8+ in all but 1 section (where he scored 7.5). It's not a straight forward test as my husband said in the reading section he scored less on, he was asked for an answer to a question that was completely unrelated. Seems that they certainly make their money on that, especially as my husband appeared to be the only Englishman taking the exam - beggars belief how anyone whose first language isn't English to get through it.

I will run this past the lawyer I'm dealing with and share any feedback.

Carol

Guys I searched 13 pages and found nothing relating to the ENS (186) visa.

RSMS is the #1 priority and I see that #2 is ENS (Employer Nomination)

--Occupation ceiling applies to ALL visa subclass (i.e. 189/190/186/187)

--Do RSMS/ENS require to submit EOI? There is already someone showing an interest?

--Do RSMS/ENS require a "Points test advisory letter" from VETASSESS as well? (In addition to positive skills assessment)

Thanks Guys!

Bonza