Skillselect and chances for invite

voxtro

Guest DingDangDoo

Walkwater,

So what am i up against for 190 visa?

I currently have 55 points and will have 5 for state sponsorship.

What are the challenges for me?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walkwater,

So what am i up against for 190 visa?

I currently have 55 points and will have 5 for state sponsorship.

What are the challenges for me?

Hi DingDangDoo, I am also in the same position, have only 55 points.

I only meet the requirement of WA and ACT for SS and have applied to WA. You go through the requirements of all the States to see whether you can meet those requirements. Then decide which State you would want to apply for SS.

I think it's hard to get SS from VIC and NSW.

Edited by walkwater

Guest DingDangDoo
Hi DingDandDoo, I am also in the same position, have only 55 points.

I only meet the requirement of WA and ACT for SS and have applied to WA. You go through the requirements of all the States to see whether you can meet those requirements. Then decide which State you would want to apply for SS.

Yes i meet the requirements for SA, infact i got SS in June but it expired because i was waiting for IELTS.

Yes i meet the requirements for SA, infact i got SS in June but it expired because i was waiting for IELTS.

Oh okay. I don't know how it works, that if SA will again grant SS second time. But if you can get the SS, then you will straightaway receive the invitation to apply for the visa.

Guest abhishek
Hi Kim,

This is how my understanding goes.

Limit is fixed for number of invitations issued per month (say 5k with 1k allotted for 190 visa).

The system will issue the invitations to the applicants in the top 4k ranking and to 1k 190 applicants.

However in those 4k applicants, if the occupational ceiling of any applicant is reached(including for 190 visas), they will not receive the invitation this year. The system will then pick the application with the next best points.

Occupational ceiling acts as a secondary filter. Say all the applicants in the top 4k rankings are accountants (of course hypothetically assuming), 4k being withing the quota of 10.4k for accountants, all 4k accountants will be invited and no other occupations will be invited in that round.

Rohit

Hi,

I have checked one more Migration blog, which will clarify on further issues. Check this link:

http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2012/06/18/why-you-should-submit-an-eoi-on-1-july-2012/

Like question is a about to know how many invitations will be sent each month. To search the question use the string

"

I have a question related “the number” of invitations in each round. Would you please inform, is there any limitation that only certain number of invitations will be provided in each round of invitation? I mean only a limited number of invitation will be provided in each round?

For example, in Software Engineer occupation you have ceiling of 100. Up to August 30th, 90 people submitted EOI. So at the time of first round on invitation all 90 people will get invitation as it is not reached the occupation ceiling to 100. Or among 90 only 20/30 people will get invitation and rest of them will get at the time of second round of invitation.

"

The answer to above questions is given by Miranda as below:

"

In response to your questions – The number of invitations issued will be controlled and matched to the desired outcomes of the migration program.

For the independent and family sponsored visas, invitations are issued to the highest ranked EOIs and not by occupation. The nominated occupation on an EOI is only relevant in relation to the occupation ceiling.

Before an invitation is issued, the system will check the nominated occupation on that EOI. If that EOI has nominated an occupation where the occupation ceiling has been reached for that occupation group, then that EOI will not receive an invitation.

The occupation ceiling will not impact the number of invitations issued. It will only impact those EOIs where the occupation ceiling has been reached and therefore no further invitations for that occupation group can be issued in that program year.

"

This further mystifies things. So suppose if highest Ranked EOI is of 75 points ( So Rank (R1) :75, R2-70, R3-65 and R4-60) like this ranks are defined.

Now it is clear invitations will be issued every month, and it will give invitations to the Highest Ranked EOIs and not by occupation. Does that mean highest ranked R1 or max R2 will receive invitation, and their are less chances of R3 and absolutely no chance of R4 (i.e. 60 points) to receive invite.

But according to one blog which explains about "Occupation Ceilings and Invitations" I think lower ranked EOIs should also get chance.

Check link: http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2011/12/13/skillselect-%E2%80%93-rankings-and-invitations-explained/

Need to clarify these points as there will be many guys who will have either 65 or 60 points under (2613)- Software and Applications Programmers (ANZSCO Code). Whether they will receive invitation or not???

As I am pretty sure that in 2613 category people with score > 65 will not be much.

Abhishek

Guest Levimouse

It seems we have no clear answer here and will only be able assess our individual situations when the august reports come out.

Imagine a situation where diac only invited those with 70 points but some occupations only had people applying with 65 or under? That occupation pool would miss out.

Guest abhishek
It seems we have no clear answer here and will only be able assess our individual situations when the august reports come out.

Imagine a situation where diac only invited those with 70 points but some occupations only had people applying with 65 or under? That occupation pool would miss out.

I don't think so, that occupation pool will not miss out.

Just check this link below (I have already shared this in one blog), it talks about how invitation will be issued:

http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/page/5/

Search with the string: " How do you receive an invitation?"

check the answer for Independent migration and Family sponsored Migration.

If this Occupation Ceilings and Invitation flow chart is correct, than there are chances on invite at lower score also.

Hope for the best !:rolleyes: .. wait for 01st august invitation round!

Guest abhishek
I don't think they will do anything. As I said before if you search on this forum for 'state sponsorship' there are loads of posts on this issue. Someone posted a really good bit of info - which was an email from the State government to someone who was going to move out of state. They put the guilt trip on (rightly so) but essentially said they wouldn't do anything.

Hi Kim,

Can u share that link indicating email from State government related to person moving out of the state on 176/190 visa.

Abhishek

Hi DingDangDoo, I am also in the same position, have only 55 points.

Hi, you applied for WA SS right? I just wanna know. Is it not that WA SS is closed until new criteria for SS will be published by them ? Correct me if I am wrong. I too am on 55 points and with 5 points from SS, i manage 60 points for 190. WA has my occupation on its list. I am just waiting for new criteria set out by WA in future. Btw, when did u send the SS application ?

Thanks

Hi, you applied for WA SS right? I just wanna know. Is it not that WA SS is closed until new criteria for SS will be published by them ? Correct me if I am wrong. I too am on 55 points and with 5 points from SS, i manage 60 points for 190. WA has my occupation on its list. I am just waiting for new criteria set out by WA in future. Btw, when did u send the SS application ?

Thanks

Yep, I have applied for WA SS. They started accepting the applications from 2nd July and I applied for the SS on the samea day. Their occupation was updated on 5th Jul with only Office Manager and Retail Pharmacist taken off the list. And the full list is now appearing on their site(though the heading says list for 2011-12).

Guest alanandemma176

Hi all

under the new skill select process you dont apply direct to the territory government for SS, you fill in the EOI indicating the state or states that you wish to be considered by and they then look at your EOI and then they inform DIAC that they would be prepared to sponsor you so it cuts out the need for you to approach the State directly

Guest Levimouse

I'm not sure this is correct I'm afraid. From what ive read WA still require you to apply direct but once you've done the EOI.

Hi all

under the new skill select process you dont apply direct to the territory government for SS, you fill in the EOI indicating the state or states that you wish to be considered by and they then look at your EOI and then they inform DIAC that they would be prepared to sponsor you so it cuts out the need for you to approach the State directly

No this is not how it works.. You still apply for the State sponsorship and pay them the fee regardless of if they decide to give you SS.. LODGE YOUR EOI then APPLY TO THE STATE.

Guest abhishek
No this is not how it works.. You still apply for the State sponsorship and pay them the fee regardless of if they decide to give you SS.. LODGE YOUR EOI then APPLY TO THE STATE.

This is true.. first Apply EOI.. select your state... and than go to state website and apply for SS.

I think for 189/190 visas fee will be same i.e. AUD $3060, that need to be paid only when u get invitation :biggrin:.

Otherwise till submission of EOI it is free of cost.

Also some state for SS also charges fee for sponsorship (Like NSW) others like SA and Vic are free of cost!

Guest alanandemma176

Yep you are right and I was wrong, you still have to apply for state sponsorship through the states web site, although thats not what the DIAC web site says, just been on the SA website and it now states that once you have lodged your EOI you can then apply for the state sponsorship but its closed untill the 17th July for maintenance, which is typical, I do wish they would have one joined up message on the new skillselect process

Guest The Pom Queen
When will the Skillselect start to invite forward any sensible ideas no guessing enough fantasy island candidates on this form

just an honest educated guess please no look boss it's the plane nonsense

I don't think members have a crystal ball

Guest The Pom Queen
Why are you bothering with your quote do you feel empowered by your status on here?

I do actually as I can choose who I want on MY forum thank you.

You are very lucky I replied because with your rude attitude I can't imagine many others wanting to bother:wub:

When will the Skillselect start to invite forward any sensible ideas no guessing enough fantasy island candidates on this form

just an honest educated guess please no look boss it's the plane nonsense

Why are you bothering with your quote do you feel empowered by your status on here?

Ever heard of asking nicely? For your information, Kate (the person you've just abused) goes out of her way to help members of this forum (which she just happens to own, and without her personal input would cease to exist).

I don't normally get worked up about posts but yours quoted above are so bloody rude, I think its best if you tried using some manners rather than being so offensive.

Guest The Pom Queen
Leave the guy alone he is only asking before you lot are jumping on the bandwagon get a life

ADMIN NOTE: This is rsg2369