Skillselect and chances for invite

voxtro

So do u think we might have a chance with 55 then their 5 or do u think they will be looking for 60 points clear first then their 5? I just hope I haven't been over keen to apply for SS and ruin everything......

I will have 55 points EXCLUDING SA SS. The only time the points matter is when you get invited to apply for the actual visa. 189, the more points the more chances of you being invited, 190 as long as you have SS you are automatically invited.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bhumikabarot

Hi Guys,

I have got everything with me.(i.e. SA approval, DIAC invitation, Skills assessment and IELTS score).

Now I am planning to lodge my 190 visa.

Can someone assist me on the financial capacity thing?

When we apply for SA SS, they ask us to select one point of financial capacity and we need to assure to have 30K$.

Family composition Total funds Cash or savings component

Main applicant plus one (1) dependent AUD$ 30,000 AUD$ 20,000

Does anybody have idea, at which stage of visa/process we need to show this money in our account?

Thanks,

Bhumika

Edited by bhumikabarot

Hi Guys,

I have got everything with me.(i.e. SA approval, DIAC invitation, Skills assessment and IELTS score).

Now I am planning to lodge my 190 visa.

Can someone assist me on the financial capacity thing?

When we apply for SA SS, they ask us to select one point of financial capacity and we need to assure to have 30K$.

Family composition Total funds Cash or savings component

Main applicant plus one (1) dependent AUD$ 30,000 AUD$ 20,000

Does anybody have idea, at which stage of visa/process we need to show this money in our account?

Thanks,

Bhumika

There is no showing of proof that you will have that amount in your bank account upon arriving in Oz, BUT it is good to have.

Guest bhumikabarot
HI,

bubbe2005 is right you don't need to show it,but just have it in mind incase they request for it.

Thanks dejavoo & bubbe2005 ...

I breathed a sigh of relief :biggrin:

I will have 55 points EXCLUDING SA SS. The only time the points matter is when you get invited to apply for the actual visa. 189, the more points the more chances of you being invited, 190 as long as you have SS you are automatically invited.

Yes but there is a min of 60 points (we only have 55) if we get an invite to apply if we are granted SS, will it be refused because we don't have the min requirement???? is it worth us even applying?

Guest bhumikabarot
Yes but there is a min of 60 points (we only have 55) if we get an invite to apply if we are granted SS, will it be refused because we don't have the min requirement???? is it worth us even applying?

Hi traceyandedd ,

Your points will be calculated including your SA points(5 points for sponsorship).

So if you score 55 points, you can apply for SA SS and get 5 points from them.

At last when you apply for visa, you will have 55 points+5 points(from SA) which leads to 60pts.

Thanks,

Bhumika

Hi All,

I am new here and I had a question regarding IELTS. To qualify for GSM State sponsored Visa, i need to get 7 Point Band score in IELTS.

I have a reasonably good English (if i say so myself). I am now confused. Should I prepare online for IELTS or should i go to an IELTS Coaching Center? The coaching center is expensive. However, if you all state that the Coaching center is better, then i will enroll for the same.

Regards

Guest bhumikabarot
Hi All,

I am new here and I had a question regarding IELTS. To qualify for GSM State sponsored Visa, i need to get 7 Point Band score in IELTS.

I have a reasonably good English (if i say so myself). I am now confused. Should I prepare online for IELTS or should i go to an IELTS Coaching Center? The coaching center is expensive. However, if you all state that the Coaching center is better, then i will enroll for the same.

Regards

Hi,

I have given IELTS exam 3 times and all of those by myself.

However, to get 7 bands in each module is not so easy..It needs preparation..

Coaching centers does nothing but ask you to prepare in front of them.

If you have ability to give time and dedication at your home then as per me there is no need of coaching..

Regards,

Bhumika

I thought that the IELTS is piece of cake and at the first attempt I only got 6,5 in overall.

After that, I studied a little bit on what sort of answers they want and today I received an overall score of 8.

BUT first I got 7,5 in speaking and this time only 7 even though I think the second time went much better. It's secret science!

Congratulations! Thats a very good score!

do you mean that you took the first attempt as the real IELTS exam? I though that there was a 3months gap btween test and re-test.

Did you go to a coaching center?

I thought that the IELTS is piece of cake and at the first attempt I only got 6,5 in overall.

After that, I studied a little bit on what sort of answers they want and today I received an overall score of 8.

BUT first I got 7,5 in speaking and this time only 7 even though I think the second time went much better. It's secret science!

Edited by tht

Is there? No..I took my first one in the end of August and the second one in mid September. ALTHOUGH my second TRF says "re-take NO" so probably they just erased my first results... well..they were very kind at the test centre and understood that I need to go to Australia before the winter, snow and freezing weather.