176 lodged in April 2012

jag

Hi DhakaGreetings,

1. No confusion, but you may have to show proof of "genuine and continuing relationship" since you both are living in different countries. We showed marriage photos, joint accounts to show proof. Think about this a bit, explain in your cover letter and show enough proofs. Also read about genuine and continuing relationships and what that means.

2. PCC's are only valid for 6 months as per my info. So no, these will not be usable.

3. PCC will be required in UK since she is currently residing there. check http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Your bangladesh pcc will be required and the CO may request her bangladesh pcc as well

Thank you vmayank!!! The info is helpful.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi DhakaGreetings,

1. No confusion, but you may have to show proof of "genuine and continuing relationship" since you both are living in different countries. We showed marriage photos, joint accounts to show proof. Think about this a bit, explain in your cover letter and show enough proofs. Also read about genuine and continuing relationships and what that means.

2. PCC's are only valid for 6 months as per my info. So no, these will not be usable.

3. PCC will be required in UK since she is currently residing there. check http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Your bangladesh pcc will be required and the CO may request her bangladesh pcc as well

Arn't PCs valid for 1 year?

Arn't PCs valid for 1 year?

Yes.

Oh and do we get an email when a CO is assigned?

If the CO needs any more information then you'll get an e-mail if not he/she may directly move to a grant. Since you front-loaded pretty much everything, you should get a direct grant, fingers crossed.

Guest Skyline

Hi,I lodged my application last april 26 and yesterday I was already allocated a CO.My question is,why is it froms 80 and 1221 is not on our docs list?does it mean that we don't need to fill it out?Thanks

Hi,I lodged my application last april 26 and yesterday I was already allocated a CO.My question is,why is it froms 80 and 1221 is not on our docs list?does it mean that we don't need to fill it out?Thanks

The CO will ask if it's required by not everybody is asked to do it. I had a look and those forms are quite time consuming, so I'm going to wait and see if I'm asked to do them.

Hi,

as 'do a geographical' mentioned - you may not even be requested for one. However, do start filling those up when you have time and get them ready - in case your CO decides that you need one.

Those have to be filled if the case officer asks for them and not everybody is asked to fill those.

BTW did the case officer ask you for some documents in his mail or was just an email to inform you that you have a CO ?

Hi,

This is a nice forum & thanks for everyone who contributed for the benifit for others. I too lodge my VISA applicatio in April & waiting for CO. Below are the updates of me.

IETS
: 07 May 2011|
VIC SS
Applied: 24 Jan 2012 |Granted 23 Apr 2012|
176 Lodged
: 27 Apr 2012 |
Meds
: 1 May 2012|
CO
:
Waiting
|
PCC
:
Waiting
|
Gran
t:
Waiting

Guest 2AussieBoys

Hi All,

Can I join yee?! I lodged my 176 on 24th April (WA SS) through my agent. So she has received an acknowledgment email and a few docs attached about the visa application and when I check my application online the status is "being processed further" and then it has each family member below and medical stuff required.

Does this mean I have been assigned a CO and they will, in turn request the medicals in due course via email to my agent? Sometimes I think I'm at a dis-advantage using an agent as I don't feel in control of my application (and yes I am a control freak!!!).

Guest 2AussieBoys

Hi and thanks "doing a geographical" - yes I saw the part where it says a CO has not been allocated but I also saw on another 176 string (think it was the March gang) someone saying that when you see "being processed further" on your status it means a CO has been assigned - why cant I just relax about it all?!

Hi and thanks "doing a geographical" - yes I saw the part where it says a CO has not been allocated but I also saw on another 176 string (think it was the March gang) someone saying that when you see "being processed further" on your status it means a CO has been assigned - why cant I just relax about it all?!

It's hard to relax isn't it? I keep telling myself to chill or my blood pressure will be through the roof when I have the medical!

Guest 2AussieBoys

Yes it's soooo hard - but then it's our futures we're talking about here and a chance at what will hopefully be a fantastic new life for us all. I see most of us are heading to WA!! I have a bottle of bubbly at home waiting to be opened WHEN we get our visa's and Oz here we come!!

Guest 2AussieBoys

Hi Davo99 - I'm hoping to have my visa in early June well before the changes in July come into effect. Maybe I'm not being realistic but a lot of the guys on previous threads seem to be getting their visa's within weeks not months at the moment.

Dear All,

Though I did not get any email for CO allocation, however when I logged in today, I found that on document checklist all requirements are met except Medical & PCCs (I have not submitted them as yet, I am HR country applicant).

Regards,

Dear All,

Though I did not get any email for CO allocation, however when I logged in today, I found that on document checklist all requirements are met except Medical & PCCs (I have not submitted them as yet, I am HR country applicant).

Regards,

Great :) I guess this message will bring some relief to people waiting for a CO :biggrin:

Hi,

This is a nice forum & thanks for everyone who contributed for the benifit for others. I too lodge my VISA applicatio in April & waiting for CO. Below are the updates of me.

IETS
: 07 May 2011|
VIC SS
Applied: 24 Jan 2012 |Granted 23 Apr 2012|
176 Lodged
: 27 Apr 2012 |
Meds
: 1 May 2012|
CO
:
Waiting
|
PCC
:
Waiting
|
Gran
t:
Waiting

Welcome to PIO...! Please update ur signature which would be easier for others to have a look on ya.

Settings -> Edit Signature

Guest thehoe5
Haha you're right! I do that quite often on this forum, not always that clear which 'reply with quote' button relates to the post you're replying to.

Yes, was very pleased with the Vetassess turnaround - I had a birthday which was coming up which would have affected my points score and therefore requested priority processing. I was shocked at how quickly they turned it round. Worth a try for anyone else in the same situation. You look as though you're in the final stages of your application - not long to go now. Best of luck.

Liking the location in your avatar by the way, study geography / earth science in the past?

Hi thebokke,

This is great about the priority processing, did you have to pay more? Hubby has his prac skills test June 2nd and we couldn't get an earlier date but we are worried we wont get results back in time for getting visa in! We have SS WA app form sat waiting with agent ready for when we get results back so we will be hanging by a thread!! Really want our 176 in before the deadline but seriously think we're pushing it!! #stressedouttothemax :arghh:

Hi Everyone,Got our CO assigned on 2nd May, have been asked for medicals and pcc (from both India and UK). Now, getting the PCC's done for India - Does anyone know how long it takes? and the Process in general?Thanks,vMayank

Hi Everyone,Got our CO assigned on 2nd May, have been asked for medicals and pcc (from both India and UK). Now, getting the PCC's done for India - Does anyone know how long it takes? and the Process in general?Thanks,vMayank

If you are in India , then you can use the following portal.

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/applyForPcc

If you are outside India , then contact the nearest Indian embassy, they will issue it to you.

Hi thebokke,

This is great about the priority processing, did you have to pay more? Hubby has his prac skills test June 2nd and we couldn't get an earlier date but we are worried we wont get results back in time for getting visa in! We have SS WA app form sat waiting with agent ready for when we get results back so we will be hanging by a thread!! Really want our 176 in before the deadline but seriously think we're pushing it!! #stressedouttothemax :arghh:

Hi thehoe5,

No I didn't have to pay anything extra, just a form to fill in to ask for priority processing. I didn't have to do a practical as my skills assessment was for a profession rather than trade, so that may change things. Best of luck and hoping you get everthing in before the deadline!

Archived