176 lodged in April 2012

jag

Dear friends,

Today I received the VISA GRANT. Thank you verymuch for all forum members..........!!!!!!! Wish you all the best !!!!!!!!

Congrats GenSen - Great!! Thanks for putting both your status of Met and Grant, gives a better indication of the process.

I was wondering when my documents started to go to Met :)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 2AussieBoys
Hey 2Aussieboys - great news and enjoy ! I can see that you are an accountant as well. So what are your travel plans? All the best!

Cheers

Hey subs - yep boring Finance eh (although I knew it had to be good for something!!) Hoping to head to Perth end of this year as my son will be due to start Pre-Primary in Feb 2013. How about you?

Congrats GenSen - delighted for you.

STRESSED ! I was supposed to get my visa granted today ,now the co wants more evidence of earnings in the last 10 years ,because my books show low earnings they say I have been working part time . Don't know what to do ,all this money down the drain

Let's just say I keep it to the minimum, I think the dream could be over.

Minimum wage? Do you have a limited company - do you also pay dividends?

Has the CO said specifically what they want/need? Could you do a stat declaration?

I dont have a limited company ,used too many moons ago ,i'm a sole trader .

They say that because my earnings are low that i'm working part time ,they hav'nt asked that ,they told me ?

just going through our family tax credits at the mo and it clearly stats hours worked 30 hours per week

I had similar thing Ade

Try not to lose heart. it might still be ok.

I sent additional letters /declarations and all I could get my hands on. They kept asking for more. In the end I just emailed them and and said I didn't have any further evidence. My CO referred the case to a manager for a decision based on what was there. It took a long time but I have just been asked for meds which is progress.

Millie x

Well that's positive news :biggrin:

Hopefully that will count as acceptable evidence.

Do you have an accountant? If so, would they do you a letter? Not sure what else to suggest. I know it's easy to say (i am not an optimist by nature) but try not to worry too much. Sleep on it, you may have a "lightbulb moment".

Let us know how you get on - good luck.

Hi Millie ,

i've done all the meds ,this was the last kick of the game , I've given them everything I have

Hi Ade

Do a statutory declaration to say you worked those hours for that amount of time. Why not also get a fellow colleague, someone who has known you in business for a long time to write a letter / do a declaration.

Millie x

Hi Ade,

Do you do you tax returns online? If so print them off, then send them your tax credits letters and a stat dec from someone you have worked with just to state you work on a full time basis. It will be fine, you just need to do a bit more leg work for that

Visa :confused:it will be worth it. Give us a call if you need anything, remember stay positive!

Sporty

No not yet , haven't done anything ,need to ring the inland revenue .

Hi Millie,

Great news, I hope everything runs smoothly for you. If anyone deserves a visa, you do.

Sporty x

I dont have a limited company ,used too many moons ago ,i'm a sole trader .

They say that because my earnings are low that i'm working part time ,they hav'nt asked that ,they told me ?

just going through our family tax credits at the mo and it clearly stats hours worked 30 hours per week

Hi Millie,

Great news, I hope everything runs smoothly for you. If anyone deserves a visa, you do.

Sporty x

Aaww thanks Sporty

Your post just reminded me of the IELTS days :biggrin:

Seems like ages ago now. Glad you got your visa!!

Millie x

Noooooooooooooooo not Ielts!!! had a horrible flash back then! What a nightmare :biglaugh:

Sporty x

Aaww thanks Sporty

Your post just reminded me of the IELTS days :biggrin:

Seems like ages ago now. Glad you got your visa!!

Millie x

Hi Ade,

Do you do you tax returns online? If so print them off, then send them your tax credits letters and a stat dec from someone you have worked with just to state you work on a full time basis. It will be fine, you just need to do a bit more leg work for that

Visa :confused:it will be worth it. Give us a call if you need anything, remember stay positive!

Sporty

Does the stat dec need to witnessed by a solicitor and the person who has signed it .

No ours were only signed by the person who wrote it, not witnessed by a a solicitor. Just make sure it is done on letter headed paper. Do a stat dec yourself as well and tell your agent that it's all you have as proof. The inland revenue can take up to 12 weeks to send out your work history. If you have bank statements from the business use these aswell.

Have you do any sub contracting work?

Sporty x

Does the stat dec need to witnessed by a solicitor and the person who has signed it .

Inland revenue faxed me my work history within 10 mins and when I did a stat dec and had to place my hand on a book and repeat what the solicitor said.i suppose everyones experiences are different.but if it'll help I have the direct number to the department that helped me out :-) I will try to dig it out if you need it.

Archived