176 lodged in April 2012

jag

Hi illuminati

Same story my side - still waiting for a CO!

You are not alone...

Still?! I thought there's a 4 week charter..? Have you contacted DIAC yet? (btw, nice to see a fellow South African on here :wink:)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats happening 'April submission' people?!

I've not given an update on my progress recently, so here goes. We had medicals last weekend at the Spire in Manchester, just checked the application status on the DIAC system and its saying medicals have been finalised!!! Just waiting for the police certificates to come through now and then hopefully we're home and dry!

One thing I did notice though was the Document checklist is still listing the medicals are 'requested' - I assume this is just the system which hasn't updated, anyone else had this?

For those applying from the UK - how long did you wait for the your police clearance certs to come through? Do they stick to the deadlines they qoute? Getting impatient but this application journey is almost over!

Davo - where in Durbs are you from bru?

Good luck to everyone still waiting...

Hello there - We got the grant today ! Here's wishing a speedy grant for the ones waiting patiently.

Cheers

Congratulations :) !!! Still no news from DIAC about the CO, I have mailed them asking the status, if no reply by Wednesday gonna call them......

Guest 2AussieBoys

Fantastic news Subs - congrats!! Turns out my DOB on my police cert was wrong so for the 3rd time I've to go and get another one - I would reckon we would have gotten our visas otherwise - ggrrrrrrrr.

Really great news though Subs.

howzit bokke!

Originally from Glenwood but living it in Umhlanga these days, you spend some time here?

Winter just hit us 15 degrees and I couldnt function :laugh:

Howzit bru, good to see some other saffers on these forums! I never lived in Durbs but went to school near PMB - my cousins are cane farmers on the North coast and my sister was at varsity in Durban and lived in Berea / Westville. I also had mates from Umhlanga and Ballito so spent some time there too, it's a nice part of the world especially Umhlanga, how come you're leaving for OZ?

I'm stuck in a freezing cold/wet UK so would hapily have a 15 deg winter! I miss the southern hemisphere rays!!!

Good luck with your application, hope all goes to plan.

Guest wayneb88

Hey All, Ive spent ages reading through all of this thread and its so exciting seen you all get through bit by bit! Me and my partner are just about to start our journey of the 176 through an agent and hope it all pays off seen as its costing us 6000euro in total! Could any of you advise is this alot compared to what you paid or about the same??

I know it will be worth it in the end as im only 24 and have a baby on the way in august and a 2 year old boy and they both really need better lives! And as a qualified bricklayer my skills are going to waste here!

Any help appreciated as you guys seem to know from been through the lot! :) Thanks! :biggrin:

Guest wayneb88

do you stil have to do ielts even though our native language is english?? seems a bit bizzare!

If you have enough points ,so it depends on age ,job ,and how long you have been in your trade .If you have 65 points or more your ok ,if not you have to do the dreaded Ielts .

its something they bought in last July, before that your passport was enough but now you have to do the test .My advice is if you have to do Ielts don't take it lightly ,I did and had to do it 4 times .it will be stressful at times just keep plugging away at it .

good luck with it all .

Guest wayneb88

Yeah we have 65 points thank god i was wondering because when the migrant agent sent me the lay out we didnt have that in there! :biggrin: one less thing to worry about! The whole thing is so nerve wreckin n stressful! lol

Awesome man! Such a small world! Up in PMB for business all the time!

Love Durbs but was blown away when I went to Aus for vacation! So I thought time to do something different while the door is still open (barely!)

Eish - hope your application flies through so you can get back to the warm weather!

Hey All, Ive spent ages reading through all of this thread and its so exciting seen you all get through bit by bit! Me and my partner are just about to start our journey of the 176 through an agent and hope it all pays off seen as its costing us 6000euro in total! Could any of you advise is this alot compared to what you paid or about the same??

I know it will be worth it in the end as im only 24 and have a baby on the way in august and a 2 year old boy and they both really need better lives! And as a qualified bricklayer my skills are going to waste here!

Any help appreciated as you guys seem to know from been through the lot! :) Thanks! :biggrin:

Spent a little more than that as well but it was the exchange rate that hurt me! R6.90 to the AU when I started - R8.10 when I paid!!!!

Archived