176 lodged in April 2012

jag

Still awaiting my PCC from Pune, India :cry:

Got the PCC for my wife for both UK and India pretty quickly, but my India PCC is taking tons of time!! sob sob, last thing on the checklist this is...

Also, none of my documents are MET yet, should I be worried?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 2AussieBoys

Hi All, well mine and my kids medicals are finalised, my husbands isn't as the system didn't seem to log them eventhough they were signed off and all by the Doctor on Tuesday. So I've literally been back and forth with the medical centre and health strategies. My head is completely melted at this point and my moronic agent was telling me to be patient - so if I'd taken the patience route I'd be sitting here none the wiser that the medicals for my husband didn't go through. I tell ya she'll be getting a strongly worded email when all this is over with (if I haven't jumped off the nearest cliff by then!).

Please tell me it will be all worth it in the end??!!!

Hi vmayank - I think it takes a good few days for the "met" part - it certainly has with any of my documents so far.

Hi AussieBoys, I am curious to know how the issue on medical center able to view only 3 out of 4 applicants was resolved. In my case, something simmilar has happened - the medical center can only see myself (primary) but not the secondary applicants (wifey and 2 kids). I send my CO an email on this and he wanted me to check with Health Strategies - emailed to them and also Immi IT and now awaiting a resolution.

I wish your pending police clearances are all done fast and you get the grant ! Cheers

Hey,

I have the same issue with the kids not showing up - do you have the contact details for Immi IT and Health Strategies please?

Pleased to see you are almost there! :biggrin:

Hi All, well mine and my kids medicals are finalised, my husbands isn't as the system didn't seem to log them eventhough they were signed off and all by the Doctor on Tuesday. So I've literally been back and forth with the medical centre and health strategies. My head is completely melted at this point and my moronic agent was telling me to be patient - so if I'd taken the patience route I'd be sitting here none the wiser that the medicals for my husband didn't go through. I tell ya she'll be getting a strongly worded email when all this is over with (if I haven't jumped off the nearest cliff by then!).

Please tell me it will be all worth it in the end??!!!

Hi vmayank - I think it takes a good few days for the "met" part - it certainly has with any of my documents so far.

Oh is it.. ok, good to have some realistic expectations, thanks :)

It is definitely all worth it in the end - Just check out the latest pictures of Australia and the beaches and it all looks much better

https://www.facebook.com/SeeAustralia

Wish you the best 2AussieBoys!

Had my medicals done on 24.05.2012. However the clinic was not an eHealth clinic, even though on the DIAC list of panel doctors it is listed as an eHealth clinic. So the medicals will be sent by the clinic through registered mail, will have to wait some more till they reach DIAC . Anyone knows how long does the manual method of medicals takes ?

Wooo Hooo - got the email this morning informing us that we'd been granted a 176 visa!!!!!:jiggy: Really pleased, it's been a stressful process but really glad we did it ourselves, wouldn't have been able to do it without all the great support here on PIO. Hope the rest of the April crowd still waiting don't have to wait much longer!!

Wooo Hooo - got the email this morning informing us that we'd been granted a 176 visa!!!!!:jiggy: Really pleased, it's been a stressful process but really glad wedid it ourselves, wouldn't have been able ro do it without all the great support here on PIO. Hope the rest of the April crowd still waiting don't have to wait much longer!!

Amazing!! No doubt dop en tjop tonight then :wink:You must be stoked hey. Congrats and all the best with all the arrangements etc

Amazing!! No doubt dop en tjop tonight then :wink:You must be stoked hey. Congrats and all the best with all the arrangements etc

Thanks Jars, yes super stoked! Cue a big babalas tomorrow.....!!

Good luck and hope yours all goes to plan.

Ps - how long did your SA birth certificate take? Just found out I need a new one with an apostille stamp on it before I can get married in a few months time! SA High Commission website is saying 6 months which is a no-go. Found these guys who will do it in less than 3 weeks... http://www.safasttrack.com/, but they charge ££££'s for the privilege. Doesn't look like I have a choice though.

Thanks Jars, yes super stoked! Cue a big babalas tomorrow.....!!

Good luck and hope yours all goes to plan.

Ps - how long did your SA birth certificate take? Just found out I need a new one with an apostille stamp on it before I can get married in a few months time! SA High Commission website is saying 6 months which is a no-go. Found these guys who will do it in less than 3 weeks... http://www.safasttrack.com/, but they charge ££££'s for the privilege. Doesn't look like I have a choice though.

Babalas - eish! :biglaugh:

Well, the birth certificate was another story all together! Man, o man - talk about insufficient! They originally said 6 weeks, then after 3 weeks my folks contacted them and was told no, it takes 3 months. But oh, they couldn't find any record of my request either!! After lots of pleading a kind sole in Pretoria sorted it in 3 or 4 days. If i was you I would apply now! Not sure of the safasstrack - don't think they'll be able to do much more than you would but you never know. Do you still have any relatives in South Africa? Get them to join the looooong qeues in Home Affairs and do it for you.

Good luck!

Guest 2AussieBoys

Well I GOT MY VISA!!!! It was granted this morning. Australia here we come!! Over the moon and the bottle of bubbly is in the fridge cooling for this evening. Best of luck to all who are waiting.

Well I GOT MY VISA!!!! It was granted this morning. Australia here we come!! Over the moon and the bottle of bubbly is in the fridge cooling for this evening. Best of luck to all who are waiting.

Congrats 2AussieBoys, awesome feeling isn't it?! Enjoy that bottle of bubbly...

Congratulations 2AussieBoys!! Wish you a great new beginning!

btw, Is the visa an e-Visa in VEVO or does one have to get it stamped?

Congratulations 2AussieBoys!! Wish you a great new beginning!

btw, Is the visa an e-Visa in VEVO or does one have to get it stamped?

Depends how you've applied, if online it's an e-visa and no need for a stamp in the passport. You can check it on the VEVO pages, although I've had a problem with the VEVO system despite being granted visas.

Guest satsblr
Hey 2Aussieboys - great news and enjoy ! I can see that you are an accountant as well. So what are your travel plans? All the best!

Cheers

@ Subs,

Congrats on the grant of the Visa !! :biggrin:

As i am also from bangalore, can you please suggest to which hospital you have been for medical check up, was it Fortis (bannerghatta rd) or Elbit? Can you share what was the cost you paid for the same. If possible the doctor name?

Thanks in advance !

I woke up this morning to the news that mine has been granted!!! :biggrin:

Absolutely delighted. There were moments went I felt this moment would never come, especially during the RPL and tracking down the references.

Many thanks to everyone on here who has helped, and good luck to everyone that is still waiting.

I woke up this morning to the news that mine has been granted!!! :biggrin:

Absolutely delighted. There were moments went I felt this moment would never come, especially during the RPL and tracking down the references.

Many thanks to everyone on here who has helped, and good luck to everyone that is still waiting.

Congrats fella!

Hi Satsblr, I went with Fortis as that was near my part of town. They have a standard process, please call their reception and ask for an appointment. Doctors are not fixed and it takes about 2-3 hours for all the tests.

All the best.

Archived