176 lodged in April 2012

jag

That would be the online checklist, the one you get after making the payment. After that you can spend some time on the Form 80 and Form 1221, they may or may not be required. If done early, you can upload them if not wait for the CO to ask. Good luck!

EDIT: Your online checklist will look something like this: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/145539-176-lodged-april-2012-a-10.html#post1935787766

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, we did start on that last night but form 80 and 1221 were not on there. But we have just received an email (albeit an automated response) saying that they are required, dont really want to do them unless we have to - have you completed them?

For me, Form 1221 showed up in the 'document checklist'. Was slowly working my way through Form 80 but it was never requested, lucky me.

Hello all fellow April applicants - (feels good to be able to say that!!!)

Just a query regarding the documents that must be uploaded; which list do you take notice of? Is it the one following payment, the one in the generic automated email following acknowledgement or is there a application specific list to follow???

I followed the online checklist. Form 1221 was requested for my spouse, but not for me(I am the primary applicant.) As for form 80 we have it filled and ready if requested will upload it.

We didn't complete or upload either form 80 or form 1221. Neither have been asked for by our CO which I'm pleased about. I'm sure most of the information is already provided in the appliaction form anyway.

For UK applicants, how long are all your PCC checks taking? I have medicals booked fo 10 days time, but need to progress the police checks and was wondering if these will be back in time within the 28 day window.

do we really need to provide everything within 28 days or when a CO is assigned will they just give us a list that is specific to us and then allow us a further 28 days?

Your online 'document checklist' is specific to you, unlike the automated e-mail. Most people submit everything according to that list and once a CO picks up the app, he'll just request for Meds,PCCs and maybe Form 80. Some people upload everything including those and there are cases where the CO directly moved to a grant. The fastest of such grants in the march thread is 19 days.

If for some reason, you are unable to gather all the documents before a CO is allocated, he'll just request for the missing stuff and give you 28 days more. After that if you happened to be delayed even further, just let your CO know. Good luck!

Hello all, greetings ! Im another one of you who has filed the 176 with DIAC on April 2nd and received my TRN. However NSW confirmed that Form 1100 has been forwarded by them to DIAC only on 17th of April. Is it usually that long to send the Form to DIAC or specific to my case? Will the DIAC website timeline of 4 weeks for 176 allocation start from 17/18th April or 2nd of April? I see some of you have already had a Case Officer mainly from WA, VIC and SA - all the best !.

Appreciate any feedback - losing sleep and patience :realmad:

Hello all, greetings ! Im another one of you who has filed the 176 with DIAC on April 2nd and received my TRN. However NSW confirmed that Form 1100 has been forwarded by them to DIAC only on 17th of April. Is it usually that long to send the Form to DIAC or specific to my case? Will the DIAC website timeline of 4 weeks for 176 allocation start from 17/18th April or 2nd of April? I see some of you have already had a Case Officer mainly from WA, VIC and SA - all the best !.

Appreciate any feedback - losing sleep and patience :realmad:

Hi,

1) Your CO allocation date doesn't depend on your sponsored state.

2) The 4 weeks starts from 2nd of April, you should be getting a CO soon.

3) If you don't get a CO even after 4 weeks, you may like to lodge a PLE to check if they have everything they need. http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Good luck!

Thank you toOz2012 ! I wish this happens next week becuase apart from Meds and PCC, I have pretty much front loaded everything. Keeping my fingers crossed. Cheers.

PS: I do not see many NSW 176 applicants on this thread though.

Hi Everyone,

Last day of April and I found this thread! Great info and congrats to all of you who got their CO's assigned!

We lodged our 176 application on 14th April, SS by Victoria. No CO assigned yet.

I guess Illuminati, vin and guspjmh have lodged their visas quite close to us so do keep us posted if you get a CO assigned :)

All the best everyone. :smile:

ACS Applied - 14.1.12, ACS Approved - 20.2.12, SS VIC Applied - 23.2.12, SS VIC Approved - 5.4.12, 176 Lodged - 14.4.12

Hi Everyone,

Last day of April and I found this thread! Great info and congrats to all of you who got their CO's assigned!

We lodged our 176 application on 14th April, SS by Victoria. No CO assigned yet.

I guess Illuminati, vin and guspjmh have lodged their visas quite close to us so do keep us posted if you get a CO assigned :)

All the best everyone. :smile:

ACS Applied - 14.1.12, ACS Approved - 20.2.12, SS VIC Applied - 23.2.12, SS VIC Approved - 5.4.12, 176 Lodged - 14.4.12

Welcome to the 176 April Forum Vmayank ! All the best !

Hi, I finally applied! How long does it take for documents which have been uploaded to be "recognised" on the online status portal? Cheers

Also, Its asking for evidence of state sponsorship, but which catagory can I upload that under?

I attached the evidence of state sponsorship under the 'Other' section, that was the best option I could find. As for the documents status to "recognised" I guess it is done by the case officer. Also have read that sometimes the case officers take their own sweet time to change the status. Some people have been granted visas with the documents status not set to 'Met' .

I lodged my 176 (Victoria SS) last Friday, so I’m pleased to be part of the April gang. It looks like the DIAC are super quick at the moment, so hoping this final stage is quick and painless.

A query – I’ve had a positive skills assessment from ACS for 13 years. Is it likely that the DIAC will request additional proof of employment such as payslips etc? Or is this only for some applications? After the nightmare I had gathering my previous evidence I hope this is the last of it.

Thanks,

Ben.

I asked the guy at immi today about that and he said its best to upload it anyway. I claimed points for work experience but it wasn't on the document checklist. I'd upload it in advance, CO asking for stuff could slow things down.

I lodged my 176 (Victoria SS) last Friday, so I’m pleased to be part of the April gang. It looks like the DIAC are super quick at the moment, so hoping this final stage is quick and painless.

A query – I’ve had a positive skills assessment from ACS for 13 years. Is it likely that the DIAC will request additional proof of employment such as payslips etc? Or is this only for some applications? After the nightmare I had gathering my previous evidence I hope this is the last of it.

Thanks,

Ben.

Dear All,

I haven't got a CO assigned as yet, is there anything to be concerned. I lodged 176 on 8th April.

Hello Mext, I think DIAC is pretty much packed due to the approaching deadline and backlog. Having said that, I have seen CO's being allocated at regular intervals and it really depends on each individual case. If Immi says its 4 weeks from date of lodgement of your visa with them, I guess we have to respect that timeline first. Not to worry, I am sure it is a matter of time. I am waiting since 2nd April :wink:.

Cheers

Guest vin

CO Allocated today ... that was quick - 15 days (did not expect it this soon) panic stations .... :P

Have been asked for Form 80 PC and Medicals ....

Does anyone know forum for finding details on PCC and Medicals

Hi mates!

I just got SS approved; now preparing to submit 176 application online. I would like to have your advice on the following situation:

1. I am in Bangladesh, while my wife is in UK for her Masters study. She will return in September 2012. Do you think this will create any confusion or inconvenience in clearing our case by the CO?

2. Both my wife and I had done PCC in July 2011. Do you think those old documents (less than 1 year old) will be usable? Or we will need to re-do PCC?

3. Since my wife is in UK for 7 months now, will her PCC be required to be done by UK Police in addition to Bangladesh Police? Or only Bangladesh Police PCC will suffice?

Thanks in advance.

Hi DhakaGreetings,

1. No confusion, but you may have to show proof of "genuine and continuing relationship" since you both are living in different countries. We showed marriage photos, joint accounts to show proof. Think about this a bit, explain in your cover letter and show enough proofs. Also read about genuine and continuing relationships and what that means.

2. PCC's are only valid for 6 months as per my info. So no, these will not be usable.

3. PCC will be required in UK since she is currently residing there. check http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Your bangladesh pcc will be required and the CO may request her bangladesh pcc as well

Tell me about it... I checked my emails at work and nearly fell off my chair when I say 'gsm' in the email address and 'CO' in the subject line!!!

We're all very excited now, every stage seems to make the whole thing seem that bit more real. Knowing that someone is looking through all of our info and deciding our future is a little nerve racking but very exciting at the same time!

We've only been asked for evidence of relationship and work experience, both of which we expected as we prepared it all we just haven't uploaded yet. We're pleased we didn't get the dreaded form 80 or 1221!

Archived