176 lodged in April 2012

jag

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy days Illuminati - you must be very pleased to get to this point! We did our application alone and reading stories like this am pleased we did. Seems like some agents offer crazy advice and can really delay the application process. Having said that our application was very straight forward. Good luck with the application!

Lets hope we'll all be celebrating with shiny new 176 Visa's in the not too distant future!!

Hi thebokke,

Wrong post quoted :)

You seem to be one of the lucky ones who got the Vetassess in record time, nice.

Good luck with your app, CO very likely before the end of the month. Cheers.

Hi thebokke,

Wrong post quoted :)

You seem to be one of the lucky ones who got the Vetassess in record time, nice.

Good luck with your app, CO very likely before the end of the month. Cheers.

Haha you're right! I do that quite often on this forum, not always that clear which 'reply with quote' button relates to the post you're replying to.

Yes, was very pleased with the Vetassess turnaround - I had a birthday which was coming up which would have affected my points score and therefore requested priority processing. I was shocked at how quickly they turned it round. Worth a try for anyone else in the same situation. You look as though you're in the final stages of your application - not long to go now. Best of luck.

Liking the location in your avatar by the way, study geography / earth science in the past?

Guest guspjmh

Mine was lodged 12/4/12, can't wait - although I am worried about giving up jobs and moving into uncertainty!

Edited by guspjmh

Haha you're right! I do that quite often on this forum, not always that clear which 'reply with quote' button relates to the post you're replying to.
Yeah, I think it has to do something with the color shading or border lines. When in doubt, I look at the last post on that page.

Yes, was very pleased with the Vetassess turnaround - I had a birthday which was coming up which would have affected my points score and therefore requested priority processing. I was shocked at how quickly they turned it round. Worth a try for anyone else in the same situation. You look as though you're in the final stages of your application - not long to go now. Best of luck.

Thanks. BTW, that also works for WA SS, for anyone interested.

Liking the location in your avatar by the way, study geography / earth science in the past?

I thought Pangaea was common knowledge :) I like the thought of One-Land.

Good luck with your app too.

Hi April Colleagues,

I had my application lodged on 7th April, however still not uploaded all documents. Also I am surprised at the amount of documents u people are discussing about i.e. 60 or more. I am me and my wife (no kids) and I have listed down around 25 documents in total to be uploaded, this is after combining all my employment documents for each employment in one or maximum two pdf file. I hope I am not missing anything. Also a question i.e. I had four employments in my career and two of them were more relevant to my nomination occupation from SOL, so do I need to submit documents of the other two as well that are not relevant and I did not get them assessed from VETASSESS. Also both of these employments were less than a year long.

Hi April Colleagues,

I had my application lodged on 7th April, however still not uploaded all documents. Also I am surprised at the amount of documents u people are discussing about i.e. 60 or more. I am me and my wife (no kids) and I have listed down around 25 documents in total to be uploaded, this is after combining all my employment documents for each employment in one or maximum two pdf file. I hope I am not missing anything. Also a question i.e. I had four employments in my career and two of them were more relevant to my nomination occupation from SOL, so do I need to submit documents of the other two as well that are not relevant and I did not get them assessed from VETASSESS. Also both of these employments were less than a year long.

Don't have an answer for you but if you have the HR letter and tax returns for those time periods, why not just upload them as well.

In general, the more documentation you provide the better it is.

Also, don't upload your files by themselves. Combine them into single file(s) to match the document checklist. Good luck!

Guest popster4

Hi, my husband is a plasterer and he needs to be assessed before we can apply for our visa. I have looked on the TRA/vetassess and plastering is not listed, I have emailed them and not heard anything back. Someone has told me to start taking photos of his work, so we are. We both turn 40 at the beginning of September and we will lose some points that we can't afford to lose, it could make the difference of us being able to go to oz. I am getting quite worried, Please any advice much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi, my husband is a plasterer and he needs to be assessed before we can apply for our visa. I have looked on the TRA/vetassess and plastering is not listed, I have emailed them and not heard anything back. Someone has told me to start taking photos of his work, so we are. We both turn 40 at the beginning of September and we will lose some points that we can't afford to lose, it could make the difference of us being able to go to oz. I am getting quite worried, Please any advice much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi,

Can your OH's occupation be considered as "Solid Plasterer" or "Fibrous Plasterer"? I only found those two on the SOL and they are both assessed by TRA. When you apply to TRA you can put in a priority request stating that you'll loose points because of age. They may consider that and process a bit sooner.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf See page 3

Edited by toOZ2012

Yes, he is a solid plasterer, but on the TRA website listing the trades that they assess, this trade is not listed!

Hi,

I can't seem to find that either but DIAC website clearly points to TRA.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/s/solid-plasterer.htm

This thread also says the same: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/129821-tra-plasterer-help.html

They open in ~2 hours, may be give them a call? http://www.deewr.gov.au/Department/Pages/Contactus.aspx

Hello I have filed my 176 Visa on 15/04/2012. In the document checklist, there is no Evidence of work experience mentioned. Should I wait for the CO to ask for it or can upload it right away. I am pretty sure they will ask for it.

Below is the document checklist I got :

Birth certificate or other evidence of age

Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page

IELTS English Test Report Results

Evidence of overseas qualifications

Evidence of skills assessment

Marriage certificate

Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates

Passport photo

Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray

Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa

Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination

Hello I have filed my 176 Visa on 15/04/2012. In the document checklist, there is no Evidence of work experience mentioned. Should I wait for the CO to ask for it or can upload it right away. I am pretty sure they will ask for it.

Below is the document checklist I got :

Birth certificate or other evidence of age

Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page

IELTS English Test Report Results

Evidence of overseas qualifications

Evidence of skills assessment

Marriage certificate

Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates

Passport photo

Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray

Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa

Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination

For some reason that seems to be glaringly missing, from my checklist as well, but is very much needed. Don't have to wait till CO, just upload right away. Good luck!

Hi guys we applied for state sponsorship 26th march but still waiting approval (hopefully!) Anyone else still waiting? Really eager to get visa app in this month!

Also still waiting.... applied 3rd April. Waiting, waiting, waiting. But it is buying me a little time as I discovered my birth certificate isn't a full one and it will take 6 weeks to get the appropriate one (born in South Africa, living in England) whereas my husband's will only take 3 days (England)!!!. Third world contries, hey!! :eek:

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me, do you fill out the form 80's online, or paper based and then upload?

Cheers.

Paper based. If you have an adobe writer, then you can fill up the form and save the copy direct. the conventional way is to print out fill it,sign it, scan it and then upload. I think ToOz has suggested a free adobe writer tool on the March thread and even here if i am not wrong

Guest nitisha
Hi guys we applied for state sponsorship 26th march but still waiting approval (hopefully!) Anyone else still waiting? Really eager to get visa app in this month!

Hi, I am also waiting for WA SS....I had applied on 2nd April...looks like they are taking it very long..:SLEEP:

Regards,

nitisha!!!