New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Quick response from the CO, Visa granted...

Yipeeeeeeeeee... :biggrin:

The process lasted close to two years for me because of hiccups we faced along the way. The wait has been more than worth it... Now need to setup a date for the validation trip (Need to validate before Jan 2013), will try to go over in July or Aug to Melbourne. I want to search for jobs while on the validation trip. Suggestions on how to search for a job, or which month is likely to be more productive for job search in the field of IT / Software Development are most welcome.

Congrats!!! http://www.seek.com.au might help

Congratulations..!

You are not so far form the end of the processing!

Cheers

Just an update on my status, I was checking on the application like I always do, when I noticed something different: under the Health Requirements Outstanding, there is a line which says 'email sent to you'. I checked with my migration agent and he said that the request form came in blank, but has asked me to prepare myself for medicals just in case and to book them asap.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but does that seem the right thing to do? Thanks all!

P.S. Just scrolled down the forwarded message that my agent sent and I saw the name of my Case Officer from team 7. Really tempted to give him a call now and ask him directly...

Name: VANDDIR1

Destination:

Date of Visa application:16/08/2008

Nationality: SRI lANKAN

High / Low Risk: High

Trade / Profession: Financial Institution Branch Manager

Visa Type: 176

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): 5

Date Medicals submitted: NO

Date Police check submitted: NO

Date CO assigned: CO NOT ASSIGNED

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: NO

A thread is runing for CAT-5 applicants, You can follow it too.

Name: VANDDIR1

Destination:

Date of Visa application:16/08/2008

Nationality: SRI lANKAN

High / Low Risk: High

Trade / Profession: Financial Institution Branch Manager

Visa Type: 176

Processing Priority Group (Category): 5

Date Medicals submitted: NO

Date Police check submitted: NO

Date CO assigned: CO NOT ASSIGNED

Date visa granted: NO

Guest obelixous
Just an update on my status, I was checking on the application like I always do, when I noticed something different: under the Health Requirements Outstanding, there is a line which says 'email sent to you'. I checked with my migration agent and he said that the request form came in blank, but has asked me to prepare myself for medicals just in case and to book them asap.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but does that seem the right thing to do? Thanks all!

P.S. Just scrolled down the forwarded message that my agent sent and I saw the name of my Case Officer from team 7. Really tempted to give him a call now and ask him directly...

Congratulations Flo!

WooHoo! :goofy::laugh::biglaugh:! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

Please turn me purple Flo and update me as per my timeline signature!!!

Im so pleased that I got sent the link to this thread back in January! What a fantastic support network we have here! All the best to thread members past, present and future!!!! I need to go and celebrate now!!!!!! :):):):)

Guest myluckygod

Name:Myluckygod

Destination: Canberra (ACT)

Date of Visa application:28/05/2012

Nationality:Indian

High / Low Risk: HR

Trade / Profession: Civil Engineer

Visa Type: 175

Processing Priority Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Im so pleased that I got sent the link to this thread back in January! What a fantastic support network we have here! All the best to thread members past, present and future!!!! I need to go and celebrate now!!!!!! :):):):)

Congratulations Poeribbo at long last. Enjoy the celebrations!

Huge congratulations Poeribbo!!! Best of luck for your new life down under!!:ssign19:

Many congrats Poeribbo and the best of luck to you.

Congratulations Flo!! I'm really hoping that we have a case officer! We have everything front loaded apart from medicals, including Form 80's, police clearence, de facto evidence, employment references etc! So on the basis of your allocation, and Day N Nite's, i am going to be very optimistic and hope that we have been allocated a co, but that they are processing the info that we have already front loaded before requesting any additional info from us!

What do you guys think? am i being over optimistic here??? has anyone else received ABPF and no correspondence?

Huge congratulations!!! Have a great day celebrate well :laugh:

You have to be next Bloomberg!!

Many Congratulation :)

CONGRATS MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY YOUR CELEBRATIONS!! 02.gif

I sure hope so Jambos! I'm getting sick of this waiting.. :twitcy:

How are things going with you? When is the BIG move?

Planning on going over in January already have somewhere to stay in Perth. Have got the kids places at schools. Just waiting to sell the house ( no luck yet) and applying for my nursing registration in Aus which is almost as much paperwork as the visa!!

Only really coming on here now to see how you are doing so I do wish you'd hurry up :wink: :SLEEP:

By the way I'm liking the new look with the cool Roo and beer :cool:

Tomorrow is another day so fingers crossed once again :twitcy:

Thank you for all the best wishes folks!

Bloomberg, I was sure you would hear something before us. Im sure you will hear something this week!

And Staceylacey, we had ABFP for a month or more before the CO contacted us, but when they did contact us it was only to ask for meds and pccs, Im sure that they were sifting through and verifying the work experience and the other docs in the 'ABFP period' though! They probably dont need to ask you for any other stuff at the moment! Go on, be optimistic! lol!

Thanks Poeribbo!! Feeling hopeful now lol!! up to my eyes in work and exams at the moment, a co allocation would be just what i need to cheer me up, the knowledge that a new life in oz is not a million miles away!! :wink:

Thank you for all the best wishes folks!

Bloomberg, I was sure you would hear something before us. Im sure you will hear something this week!

And Staceylacey, we had ABFP for a month or more before the CO contacted us, but when they did contact us it was only to ask for meds and pccs, Im sure that they were sifting through and verifying the work experience and the other docs in the 'ABFP period' though! They probably dont need to ask you for any other stuff at the moment! Go on, be optimistic! lol!

Planning on going over in January already have somewhere to stay in Perth. Have got the kids places at schools. Just waiting to sell the house ( no luck yet) and applying for my nursing registration in Aus which is almost as much paperwork as the visa!!

Only really coming on here now to see how you are doing so I do wish you'd hurry up :wink: :SLEEP:

By the way I'm liking the new look with the cool Roo and beer :cool:

Tomorrow is another day so fingers crossed once again :twitcy:

I guess the real hard work begins once you get the visa approved. So much things to do.. We're trying to sell our car and no luck, it has been two months already so I can imagine what you're going through with the house. Fingers crossed for selling it quickly and sorting those paperwork asap!

I changed my pic cause someone here told me that cute koala won't frighten DIAC and make them approve my application so I thought maybe when they see this relaxed roo they'll think I don't stress about the approval so they'll give it to us straight away, just to cause a bit of commotion.. and yes, I'd like them to hurry up, too!

Yeah, tomorrow never dies so hope you won't need keep 'em crossed for too long.. Although, I'm not holding my breath..

Thanks for your support anyways! :wubclub:

Well mates, looks like it's my turn to liven up this thread :wink:

I just received my grant.

Just wanted to thank you guys for all of your support,and I wish for those of you who are waiting a speedy grant! Also, this board is an amazing source of wealth - thank you so much again!!

By the way, my medicals were finalised on 28 May, and a day later today, I received my grant. :biggrin::biggrin: