New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagan, Can you stop putting up these open ended updates, unless you have something concrete. You are just drawing folks to keep asking you questions. Anyway, the decision on any processing is with the Minister, unless your source is the Minister.........

To all the other folks on this forum, be patient, my timeline is past 5 years now for FS176...so am equally frustrated like all of you. Continue with your life, it will happen when it does.... Cheers

Sekena.....I am also 176FS and have been waiting for 5 years. The only hope we have is GAGAN with his inside info . If you have a problem with it and dont want to follow his post go ahead and do so but dont discourage him cos there are many like us who actually look forward for them each day. and If we want to ask question and he is willing to answer what is your problem . If you dont want to ask ..pls dont . :mad:

885 g5 applied 24/6/10 visa granted today w/o co as documents preloaded earlier this month

Hi kamaljimmy,

Just want to ask what docs did you preload? At the moment I already have AFP check and medicals. Do I need to load any other forms? i.e. character form?

By the way, are u online applicant?

Thanks,

885 g5 applied 24/6/10 visa granted today w/o co as documents preloaded earlier this month

Hi kamaljimmy,

Congrats for your PR!

Just want to ask how do you send medicals to IMMI? Is it by post?

I know that we can preload AFP check but not sure about medicals.

And what other docs did u preload? Do uou need to update the character form?

Thanks so much.

.... The only hope we have is GAGAN with his inside info. If you have a problem with it and dont want to follow his post go ahead and do so but dont discourage him cos there are many like us who actually look forward for them each day.

Absolutely terribly feel for your wait and anxiety, but shouldn't your only hope be actually getting the PR or having the case officer?

I understand where you are coming from, and I absolutely feel for your wait and anxiety, but shouldn't your only hope be actually getting the PR or having the case officer? Don't cut your intelligence short - this kind of statement makes you sound like an idiot, as much as Sekena telling GAGAN what to do.

Trust me, when you DO come to Australia it is going to be much harder to adjust and live as you dream and plan to. If you are withering at this challenge right now, how on earth are you going to adjust to newer and more prolonged challenge? How will you adjust to it when living in Australia ends up not being your dream or plan?

Instead of mindlessly, blindingly coming to the forum every hour and day, go prepare yourselves.

If you think getting IELTS 7 across-the-board to change to 885 will get you happier time in Australia, you are kidding yourselves and putting your family you are bringing to Australia at risk.

Your religion will be questioned;

Your culture will be questioned;

Your conviction will also be questioned.

You are hoping to migrate to Australia for brighter future for yourself and your family:

Don't be that guy migrating to Australia with Masters in Engineering who ends up doing laundry shop with pitty reasoning of 'they won't hire my race' or 'they don't like immigrants'.

Think long and hard, take this time to prepare beyond your reasoning.

To keep people up-to-date is only one reason this forum is here:

This forum is here to keep you informed, but to ensure you take on everything and anything to make sure you migrate to Australia as best as you possibly can. Don't let the long wait hinder that objective.

(Serious posts make me all jumpy...)

Trust me, when you DO come to Australia it is going to be much harder to adjust and live as you dream and plan to.

Instead of mindlessly, blindingly coming to the forum every hour and day, go prepare yourselves.

Think long and hard, take this time to prepare beyond your reasoning.

I have a simple question for zionking and all others who suggest that aspiring migrants should prepare themselves while they wait:

What exactly do you all mean by 'prepare yourself', a more specific suggestion will be more helpful, i.e. prepare ourselves financially so that we will be more comfortable while we look for a job; prepare in terms of acquiring better language skill, educational qualifications, practical experience... what is it that we need to prepare?????????????

In terms of financial preprations, I believe all of us, once we start even thinking of applying for immigration, we start saving like never before, putting all expences at hold except day to day ones, and that counts for all kinds of decisions - marriage and kids for some, buying a house for some, changing to a new job, buying basic household stuff, shifting children to another school and many more.

I am sure most of us have also tried to improve our education and skills while we wait, I have for one. So what more is one supposed to to do to prepare beyond reasoning?

Thanks!

I have a simple question for zionking and all others who suggest that aspiring migrants should prepare themselves while they wait:

What exactly do you all mean by 'prepare yourself', a more specific suggestion will be more helpful, i.e. prepare ourselves financially so that we will be more comfortable while we look for a job; prepare in terms of acquiring better language skill, educational qualifications, practical experience... what is it that we need to prepare?????????????

In terms of financial preprations, I believe all of us, once we start even thinking of applying for immigration, we start saving like never before, putting all expences at hold except day to day ones, and that counts for all kinds of decisions - marriage and kids for some, buying a house for some, changing to a new job, buying basic household stuff, shifting children to another school and many more.

I am sure most of us have also tried to improve our education and skills while we wait, I have for one. So what more is one supposed to to do to prepare beyond reasoning?

Thanks!

Learn the culture and norm of which country you're going to migrate to

the word "integrate" and "culture shock" exist for a reason...it took me some years as a student back then to actually understands the ifs and buts of australian culture from mine

i'll give an example

not naming a certain country, but unless you're a bogan / redneck from your country...you DO NOT shout to your mobile phone, PLEASE be mindful of other people in the public transport or people in your vicinity

we do not need to know you're problems at home, we do not need to know what food you're going to eat tonight...please keep your PERSONAL conversation to yourself

Thanks!

When I say prepare yourself beyond reasoning, I mean beyond financial and what you have already done:

When you start learning English, you need to learn culture. I can't start learning Indian or Chinese without learning its culture and current affairs right? Go read up on English / Australian culture. Go to its news site, go to its sports site. If food or drinks are what you like, go checkout sites like timeout. Go watch Voice Australia catch up TV, SBS tv documentaries, current affairs.. Look at politics, read up. If you want to invest in living in Australia, go check out regions, property magazines, financial magazines. Look at tourism pages and see where you want to go. Look at maps of roads to get yourself familiar with. Try to understand dynamics of racial difference and gaps in Australia and prepare yourself for barrage of uneducated kids who might yell things you wouldn't want your mom to hear.

If Australia IS the destination and not an escapism for you and your current situation, take your time and invest in it as if you are living in Australia right now.

Not asking you to convert into a westernised person or an Aussie anytime soon, but to start understanding glimpse of westernised person or an Aussie, or even already fully westernised person from your race, religion, culture and country.

Trust me, when you come over and meet people who you thought as your own people - there's nothing more shocking to see that they now have mixture of understanding and way of living culture.

Prepare yourself for any shock which might come from living in a world that is - most likely - completely, utterly different to what you are expecting or living.

the word "integrate" and "culture shock" exist for a reason...it took me some years as a student back then to actually understands the ifs and buts of australian culture from mine

i'll give an example

not naming a certain country, but unless you're a bogan / redneck from your country...you DO NOT shout to your mobile phone, PLEASE be mindful of other people in the public transport or people in your vicinity

we do not need to know you're problems at home, we do not need to know what food you're going to eat tonight...please keep your PERSONAL conversation to yourself

Another most important preparation in ur emotion. I hope no one have to face what I had faced emotional issues.When you living that far you will not have chance to go to your reatives' sudden death.Never disappoint for your failure many thing you will need to cop up.

i'll give an example

This is better, i guess we are NOW getting somewhere.

Thanks for these everyday observations, I guess these are things that any educated and civilised person would be mindful of, (even in their own country), which i believe most migrants will be since they are coming on the bases of skill, experience and education, these day-to-day interaction skills and other cultural nuances are those that one will pick up best with experience with life in Australia.

Let me share what i needed some adjustments with years ago when i was there on a visit -- the Aussie accent! More than finding it strange (BTW, English has been almost my first language because i speak, read and write it better than my mother tongue) I found it funny! seriously, it took me almost a week to get used to it, always wondering why do they have to add 'mate' to every sentence and the stonge 'ae' sound that all words carried.

But, then again, one can only make a headway in this front when exposed to it.

Thanks for this insight!

Another most important preparation in ur emotion. I hope no one have to face what I had faced emotional issues.When you living that far you will not have chance to go to your reatives' sudden death.Never disappoint for your failure many thing you will need to cop up.

You are right Saras712, the emotional issue is the toughest to deal with, But you can't prepare for it, only deal with it when the time comes, and this is something all migrants will face everyday as even a cup of tea will remind them of the tea at home, this is something everyone knows when they decide to move anywhere. one can start to learn how to control it as time passes but i guess for most people it always remains, and that's why there are so many ping pong poms! through people from the third World countries don't play ping pong that much! Thanks!

jason d 82 anymore 886ers ???? i checked your cantonese / mandrin forum... after thursday i dont think anyone has received a CO ??

****...forgot to give you all an update

i got a CO last week

applied through my agent, which i assume paper lodgement on late june 2009

asked for an updated medical and AFP

no other forms was required at this stage

Well seem like 886 is moving well, next update should be around June/July then... surely.. Seems like a few July applicants from 886 have gotten CO which is very good news, as I was expecting big numbers in June...

Oh and congrats to jason and jess :) hopefully you will get pr soon

****...forgot to give you all an update

i got a CO last week

applied through my agent, which i assume paper lodgement on late june 2009

asked for an updated medical and AFP

no other forms was required at this stage

Mate you could write those big paras here but couldn't update with the update lol..well congrats mate..long time coming

hi all,

my medicals have been finalised on 9th of april but since then my agent is out of contact. i have sent him couple of emails and even tried to call him but he is not answering so now what should i do? since we are out of australia we are in a dilemma

Sekena.....I am also 176FS and have been waiting for 5 years. The only hope we have is GAGAN with his inside info . If you have a problem with it and dont want to follow his post go ahead and do so but dont discourage him cos there are many like us who actually look forward for them each day. and If we want to ask question and he is willing to answer what is your problem . If you dont want to ask ..pls dont . :mad:

ARS, Wongkitogalo, Keep believing in something that’s not true, no one can help you.

As for Gagan, Please continue with your misguided updates.

Cheers, am happy for you.

ARS, Wongkitogalo, Keep believing in something that’s not true, no one can help you.

As for Gagan, Please continue with your misguided updates.

Cheers, am happy for you.

Life's ain't worth fighting Sekena; there are many other things to do. So you too enjoy - cheers to you too. God Bless You.

Archived